Vegan or Omni built body?

Is your Body built on a vegan diet?  

25 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Vegan.

I was about 170lbs when I first became vegan (after 2 years ovo-lacto). That went down to about 165lbs after being vegan for a few years (still wasn't working out at this point).

I lifted on and off for about 8 years after that with no real knowledge of proper bodybuilding techniques and little attention to nutrition. No squats, no deads, no lunges... Yes I was that guy. I worked out mostly at home or in the pitiful gym at my work (lame machines and a few DBs). Doing this I was able to maintain around 180-185lbs.

Now that I'm working a proper routine and know a little about nutrition I'm up to 212lbs. I've gained about 25lbs in the last six months.

-Chris

I've built my body on a vegan diet but in a backwards fashion. At the same time I did manage to gain muscle when I went vegan even when I wasn't really trying to.

I dropped down to about 165 pounds on an omni diet and just maintained my weight as a vegetarian. Now as a vegan I am up to 180 lbs. So I guess I can say vegan, but it is probably somewhat of a mix.

If you have gained size having switched from an omi or vegetarian diet to a vegan one, then you are definitely Vegan Built

Wow! So far 12 for 12. 100% polled say they are all built vegan.

You should all write testimonials or stories about your transformation and submit them for our main website. I'm totally in need of more articles and too exhausted at the moment to write more myself. I know our community would love to hear from more people too, not just from me.

Many of you have had great testimonials and have inspiring stories to share. Please share them! Even better is if you have before and after pics to join the article. But either way, I'd love to have you write about your story and send it to Me or Richard and we'll get them up on our main www.veganbodybuilding.com website that gets thousands of visits daily.

Well done team!

I was 120 pounds on lacto-ovo (haven't eaten meat since early childhood), and slowly climbed to 160 over the course of the 7 years I've been vegan. I went vegan at age 11 and I was only just above five feet tall though, so I was a pretty pudgy kid. My weight didn't decrease, but I slimmed down quite a bit as I grew.

I was 130-145 for quite a while at my adult height of 5'10". I now weigh more than I ever have; 160 is a good weight for me I think. I just need to get rid of this beer belly.

I would say my body is vegan-"built" (I use the term loosely...)

Yep, what I've got here is a vegan built body. I am getting back into the gym again after about 6 months plus off, trying out yoga too. I feel fantastic and a lot of people think I am much younger than I am. So yeah! The Vegan diet and philosophy works for me!

Deepest Bows,

jonzen

I dropped down to about 165 pounds on an omni diet and just maintained my weight as a vegetarian. Now as a vegan I am up to 180 lbs. So I guess I can say vegan, but it is probably somewhat of a mix.

If you have gained size having switched from an omi or vegetarian diet to a vegan one, then you are definitely Vegan Built

Hm, good point, I guess I will vote vegan built now.

Good idea on the articles, Robert. I have been trying to think of something to write about for the site like I told you I would, but I haven't been able to think of much of anything. I should get working on this. Hell, college was canceled today due to snow, I need something to do.

A perfect 18-0 so far! Are those who didn't build their bodies vegan just not sharing, or are we all finding the same results? This could be a pretty important survey! Thanks for posting this my good friend sydneyvegan!

And Please........send me your stories, let's get them on our main website!

I've been wondering about this for a while, so I thought I would have a poll to find out.

I know there are a couple of people who are omni built as they have mentioned it in their intro or other posts (Most of which have maintain or increased their size when they have switched to a vegan diet) I guess they just haven't responded to this yet.

Its good to see so many muscular vegans out there, built on a vegan diet. Helps dispell a lot of Myths propagated by people about veganism.

I can see the T-shirts now...

100% Vegan Built.....

Edited by sydneyvegan

Damn, I'm the only lacto/ovo so far :-/ I became vegetarian at age 7. I'm 16 now. I used to eat a lot of dairy, but ever since I joined this forum, I stay away from milk and eggs as much as possible. I honestly like it better like this, although it is a challenge.

Anyway, I can say I've gained a lot of weight since I was 7, not because of bodybuilding though I'm bigger and stronger than lots of kids my age now, though. I weigh in at around 177lbs at 5'9". Today I maxed out benching and hit 170lbs. I was so happy

Sorry for not being 100% vegan, guys. I like my occasional dairy treat