amazing dancing video

lelle

I actually learned how to dance from the liquid pop collective out of phili

I use to chat with Fu Man Chu on a forum about 5 years ago... but I haven't kept up with their crew.

in my video section i have one of me dancing.

Which video is of you dancing? Can you post the link?

I actually learned how to dance from the liquid pop collective out of phili

I use to chat with Fu Man Chu on a forum about 5 years ago... but I haven't kept up with their crew.

in my video section i have one of me dancing.

Which video is of you dancing? Can you post the link?

I am a bit embarrassed by the video but i can post it. I was trying to show a coworker how to do a simple movement with no music.

You can find it on youtube under liquidphil1

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=UV7RC71aiQA

seeing the bad quality makes me itch to make another one. Thats what ill work on this weekend. Throw some glides in there as well.

I'd be interested to see a new vid... post a link when you finish it...

Do you dance as well?

I am always looking for people to motivate me because i become lazy and will repeat alot of the same move because i am more of a technical dancer than an emotive one.

I use to breakdance in the 80s, I started poppin, wavin, and lockin in 2000... I dance for fun now... my skill isn't up to par but my knowledge of hip hop and hip hop dance is pretty decent.

Id love to meet you troy you are very inspirational on all levels. Your like the older buffer not quite Mexican brother who can dance i never had but wish i did.

Ill try my best to post a video but now i am suddenly shy. Ill do my best which is all anyone can do. peace out homie. Also id love to see a video of you popping and waving. I do both but i guess i have that signature liquid pop style.

Edited by phillipeb

Not impressed by that video at all. I dont know why I watched the whole thing. You guys never seen anyone do liquid before? Thats like some mid-nineties crap. He was okay but I used to know like 20 people that were way better. I used to be pretty alright too I won a comp. in LA in 98.

-CO

Not impressed by that video at all. I dont know why I watched the whole thing. You guys never seen anyone do liquid before? Thats like some mid-nineties crap. He was okay but I used to know like 20 people that were way better. I used to be pretty alright too I won a comp. in LA in 98.

-CO

I have seen alot of funk dancers that can "wave" (which is the proper term, not liquid). I enjoy watching dancers so step up to the plate and post a video of yourself. Next time when you critique someone or something, have a little tact. Your negativity and egotistical comments aren't appreciated in this forum. I look forward to you posting a video of your skills.

thank you Troy for the defense but everyone is more than welcome to express opinion. The video was not the best video and my skills for all the practice are not master moves. These are truths, but not the nature of truth i was expecting by posting something. I enjoy dancing and i enjoy expressing that to others, how they will take it is up to them.

That being said i would delight in a chance to learn from your moves C.O it is only by observation are we free to understand and gain new skills or new perspectives on old skills.

peace out.

phillipeb,

Sorry, I just can't really stand when people jump in a thread and start bashing people, then talk themselves up, then don't offer any evidence to prove themselves. This forum is pretty well mannered when it comes to being polite and tactful and thats why I enjoy posting here. I don't think C.O. is going to post a vid (maybe he will??), but I'd still be interested in seeing an updated vid of you gettin down. If you don't fee like posting the link you can send it to me in a PM. All the best...

phillipeb,

Sorry, I just can't really stand when people jump in a thread and start bashing people, then talk themselves up, then don't offer any evidence to prove themselves. This forum is pretty well mannered when it comes to being polite and tactful and thats why I enjoy posting here. I don't think C.O. is going to post a vid (maybe he will??), but I'd still be interested in seeing an updated vid of you gettin down. If you don't fee like posting the link you can send it to me in a PM. All the best...

I can see your point, I think i take for granted the gentle balance the forum maintains. I do appreciate your support though. I dont mind posting the video in a public forum, How else will i get better if i dont put up or shut up. I did however record a few videos over the weekend but i am not satisfied with them, I do a lot of waving but my web cam did not pick up the popping moves well based on how many frames per second. Also it did not capture the full body which i think is imperative in creating the illusion. Ill post the link to my new video once i have it uploaded but its truth be told more of the same.

• 2 weeks later...

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v471/phillipeb/?action=view&current=Video11.flv

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v471/phillipeb/?action=view&current=Video9.flv

Uh so in direct opposition to my better judgment i am posting this video, i am more than embarrassed about it as it has opened my eyes to true level of skill. On the plus side i am signing of for break dancing classes as a direct result of these videos.

Not too bad phillipeb... it takes guts to post dance vids and I salute anyone who does! Some pointers that can make your moves look a bit better. You have a fairly basic new school waving (some tuts) style so I'd suggest adding some small elements that will make your moves more visually appealing...

1) Turn your head with your movements... try not to stair straight ahead all the time (I know its fun to watch yourself on the screen or in the mirror, but it can be a bad habit to get into). Practice without a mirror or screen watching yourself for awhile then go back and watch yourself in a mirror, you'll be surprised how much better you have gotten. Anyways, turning your head creates an entirely different perspective to waves... move your head in all directions. Moving just your eyes even helps...

2) Vary your speeds, slow down, speed up... depending on the beat of course, but varying your speed adds illusion thats appealing to your audience (which, if you're alone, may only be you;)

3) Think of yourself in sections... below your knees is one section, knee to hip as another, hip to neck, and head. Use these as pivot points or rotational points per say, incorporate dimestops and turns will help. This will incorporate your whole body more.

4) Try isolating individual body parts while other body parts are not moving. You seem to want to move your whole body all at the same time... which isn't bad persay but mixing in some movements where just your leg or arm is moving while the rest of your body is "watching it" (if you feel me?) is something that adds a little fun to it.

5) Try bending at the waist, squatting or kneeling, dance in different planes, rather than just standing straight up.

You look you're having fun and thats the most important thing... apply some of the tips I suggested and you might have even more fun developing your skills. All the best phillipeb... dance like noone is watching!

Not too bad phillipeb... it takes guts to post dance vids and I salute anyone who does! Some pointers that can make your moves look a bit better. You have a fairly basic new school waving (some tuts) style so I'd suggest adding some small elements that will make your moves more visually appealing...

1) Turn your head with your movements... try not to stair straight ahead all the time (I know its fun to watch yourself on the screen or in the mirror, but it can be a bad habit to get into). Practice without a mirror or screen watching yourself for awhile then go back and watch yourself in a mirror, you'll be surprised how much better you have gotten. Anyways, turning your head creates an entirely different perspective to waves... move your head in all directions. Moving just your eyes even helps...

2) Vary your speeds, slow down, speed up... depending on the beat of course, but varying your speed adds illusion thats appealing to your audience (which, if you're alone, may only be you;)

3) Think of yourself in sections... below your knees is one section, knee to hip as another, hip to neck, and head. Use these as pivot points or rotational points per say, incorporate dimestops and turns will help. This will incorporate your whole body more.

4) Try isolating individual body parts while other body parts are not moving. You seem to want to move your whole body all at the same time... which isn't bad persay but mixing in some movements where just your leg or arm is moving while the rest of your body is "watching it" (if you feel me?) is something that adds a little fun to it.

5) Try bending at the waist, squatting or kneeling, dance in different planes, rather than just standing straight up.

You look you're having fun and thats the most important thing... apply some of the tips I suggested and you might have even more fun developing your skills. All the best phillipeb... dance like noone is watching!

I appreciate the pointers troy, because of the embarrassment factor ill privately message you the next one i do. I stuck to moves that could be seen in the confines of my webcam and unfortunately the watching was to ensure i didnt leave my 1 foot of work space. My friend has a camera so i am going to ask him to record me so that i only have to worry about dancing.

That being said segmentation is something that i truely need to work on, you are correct when you say i enjoy the whole body movement, I have been working on dimestops for sometime that i have managed to do a transition into gliding. tut left dimestop cross over glide it works well as an illusion. Again though my footwork is lacking. I use to be severely overweight and i never liked to move my feet off the ground because it made me jiggle. i have been thin for a long time so its time to overcome that short sightedness.

Thanks again for the advice.

I appreciate the pointers troy, because of the embarrassment factor ill privately message you the next one i do. I stuck to moves that could be seen in the confines of my webcam and unfortunately the watching was to ensure i didnt leave my 1 foot of work space. My friend has a camera so i am going to ask him to record me so that i only have to worry about dancing.

That being said segmentation is something that i truely need to work on, you are correct when you say i enjoy the whole body movement, I have been working on dimestops for sometime that i have managed to do a transition into gliding. tut left dimestop cross over glide it works well as an illusion. Again though my footwork is lacking. I use to be severely overweight and i never liked to move my feet off the ground because it made me jiggle. i have been thin for a long time so its time to overcome that short sightedness.

Thanks again for the advice.

No problem man... when your friend records you, make sure he/she records your whole body... I couldn't see your feet, but your upper body looked smooth with your glides so I assume your feet were right on too... About being overweight... do you have before and after pics, you seem like a pretty lean cat to me... tough to think of you as overweight... regardless, good job on the weight reduction. Again, I commend you for posting your vids and I look forward to seeing more, good work phillipeb...

Hey troy i was thinking about what i wrote and i mistook dimestops for twist-o-flex. Can you explain dimestop to me please?

Also about being overweight it has been a few years since i was anything other than average or below average. at my heaviest i was 275lbs unfortunately i do not have pictures of this time i do however have pictures up until i was around 240lbs most people do not think i was that overweight because i am 6 feet tall and 'carry it well' I will scan my pictures in this weekend. I plan on doing a before and after thread anyways. I had made one before but the site hiccuped and ate my post. I am starting my first true attempt to gain a bit of mass so it would be a good idea to track my progress.

that what i assumed they were but when you assume you make and ass out of u m e. Thanks for the pointers again. I have been watching that orgional post of the gentleman doing the boting and i like his style i think im going to practices variant speed moves i walk to work so im sure the cars passing me buy today were laughing at me suddenly stopping roboting to a mid height and pulling myself back up. lol.