workout music

so, whats your favorite workout music?

I usually listen to music that kicks my ass...

Lil jon & the eastside boyz may it be when i´m listening to rap... on the other side i listen to much Hardcore and metal like hatebreed, rammstein, end of dayz ( german metal band with a bodybuilder on the mic)...

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working out is one of the few times I like hip hop or rap - the beat keeps me going especially on a long cardio session! I love latin beats too, salsa or merengue keeps my energy up.

My single favorite workout song though is Fighter by Christina Aguilera. Yeah, you can laugh at that. I usually listen to more punk/rock/alternative sort of stuff, but that song kicks ass and it always inspires me!

Strictly mood based. If I am feeling mellow, I listen to Jack Johnson, Travis, or Radiohead. If I am feeling upbeat, I recently have been listening to Chrysander, Richard's band.

Doesn't really matter though because before the first song finishes, I am deep in thought and oblivious to the music.

When i used to work out at home in the basement, i listened to Rage Against The Machine, Bodycount, Clawfinger, Therapy, Offspring.

Later in the gym we had rock music, like AC/DC, Whitesnake, Rocky soundtrack, Manowar, and also the above.

In the gym now, they play hip hop radio

Lately, it's been whatever random stuff the gym's music video channel is playing, so I'd say about 10% of it is awesome, 80% is stuff I'll tolerate, and 10% is "WTF?"

If I could choose, it'd be Rob Zombie, Slipknot, AC/DC, Marilyn Manson, Rammstein, Powerman 5000, etc. If I really want to zone out and do a lot of cardio, "Eon - the void dweller" is my favorite album for that, or something similar.

The Rocky song, "Eye of the Tiger"

Rocky VI is in the works now - http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20051017/en_nm/stallone_dc

Please dont tease me Will. I LOVE Rocky. What do you mean "in the works" exactly?

SO you love the Rocky soundtrack too to work out to ? Say, HELL YEAH!!!!!!!!! to the Rocky soundtrack.

But everybody here I think already knows that I am in love with Sly Stallone, at least until the meat head started being thge spokesperson for an Italian Salami company. A damn shame, I say, a real damn shame.

Please dont tease me Will. I LOVE Rocky. What do you mean "in the works" exactly?

Did you read the link I posted to the yahoo news article?

"The new (Rocky Balboa) film will begin production early next year and is backed by MGM, Columbia Pictures, and Revolution Studios."

Will, oops - cannot believe i missed that link. but yea, now I read it and all i can say is....

damn I got goosebumps.

C'mon people, you know that Rocky Balboa is classic.

I really like Stallone's new reality tv show the Contender. If they ever have a female version of that, I am in as one of the 'contenders'. I am always up for some ass kicking in my pleather Xena outfit.

THANKS for the link!!

P.S. Can you believe Stallone is almost 60!!! DAMN he looks smokin for his age.

Edited by compassionategirl

• 2 weeks later...

The type of music I listen to varies depending on the task at hand.

I usually like to concentrate at the gym, most people there are ether talking and socializing, sleazebags are trying to pick up girls and neo yuppies are talking...whatever it is that yuppies talk about, and since I'm not into the stuff they play on the speakers I use noise canceling headphones and blast the death metal. Morbid Angel, Shadows Fall, In Flames, Opeth and stuff like Hatebreed. That's what I need to work out, I just get into my own world when I'm working out, its almost a form of meditation for me. But that’s just what works for me.

I listen to Celtic, medieval, classical or new age when I’m hitting the books, except when I’m studding for math, for some reason I need to approach differential equations the same way I approach lifting, don’t know why that is.

dead prez, three 6 mafia, andre nickatina.

mostly really ignorant thug shit, occassionally prince buster or buju banton

and lately modest mouse.....