Krav maga

Very efficient. I have been trying to learn on my own, which doesnt do much. I lack money right now for a gym.

A real high quality krav maga gym here costs appx 120 a month. I like it because it teaches you how to handle almost any situation you can be in. Including guns, knifes, sticks, big guns, hand cuffs, even grenades. Then it also teaches you a decent fighting style that is effecient, although I like the movements of Jeet Kune Do more for plain fist fighting. But like all martial arts, you need to balance out everything, so your prepared for everything. As far as I know defense against weapons and learning how to control adrenaline dump Krav Maga has many martial arts beat by far.

I´ve been thinking that I would like to try krav maga, it seems ok, I don´t know if kung fu or something like that would be better.

learning how to control adrenaline dump

This is why I´d like to try some sort of martial art; I always freeze in a situation like that.

• 2 weeks later...

There are a few few similarities between Krav Maga and Kuntao which I practice and just like golden ratio stated very last resort stuff. My point is that if it comes to you using physical action against another when isn't it last resort? The system has a very old foundation and it works pretty well. I would still go for Kuntao over Krav anyday especially if you can find a teacher from william Reeders students, or Arthur Sikes. The thing about systems like Krav Maga it is a prime example of how Bruce Lee was talking about no system getting much further than any other is respect of being better or worse because humans still have two hands and two feet if it were to change there would be a better system. From my understanding there may not be so much of a idea of peace found kind of the same I have experienced with Kenpo.