Good vegan cereals?

chrisjs

What are everyone's favorite cereals? I see a few threads mentioning Kashi GoLean but that has honey in it, so I'm not interested in that. (I'm not looking to start the honey debate here.)

What are some good fully vegan high-protein low-sugar cereals?

Edited by chrisjs

My most favorite cereal is Clifford Crunch(yes the red dog)...then I'd say Gorilla Munch, and Koala Crisp. Mesa Sunrise is my favorite "healthy" cereal.

I picked up some Nature's Path Optimum Slim which despite the target market ("Slim") has pretty good specs: 180 cals, 2.5g fat, 38g carbs (11g fiber, 10g sugar) 9g protein. Taste isn't bad though perhaps a bit "blank".

I think I'm going to try some of the Dixie Diners Club Nutlettes next.

Ezekiel Sprouted Grain Cereals

(Plain, Almond, Flax, or Cinnamon Raisin)

* Flourless

* Organic

* Complete Protein,

* and Sprouted Whole Grain

ALMOND INGREDIENTS: Organic Sprouted Whole Wheat, Organic Malted Barley, Organic Sprouted Whole Millet, Organic Sprouted Whole Barley, Organic Almonds, Organic Sprouted Whole Lentils, Organic Sprouted Whole Soybeans, Organic Sprouted Whole Spelt, Filtered Water, Sea Salt.

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/troyloferski/Ezekiel.jpg http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f115/troyloferski/pyramid.jpg

Nutritional data and images courtesy of www.NutritionData.com.

Edited by Troy

What are everyone's favorite cereals? I see a few threads mentioning Kashi GoLean but that has honey in it, so I'm not interested in that. (I'm not looking to start the honey debate here.)

What are some good fully vegan high-protein low-sugar cereals?

I used to eat Hi-Lo. If I remember correctly, not all the varieties are vegan. The strawberry kind was back when I ate it, not sure if it still is though. It is pretty high in protein, but isn't that great if you are focusing on whole foods.

Unless I completely missed it 2 of the Kashi cereals don't have honey in them. I checked the ingredients about five times.

There are 3 of them that I know, the Strawberry Fields, Cinnamon Harvest, and another one that's a plain cereal. I used to eat boxes of the Cinnamon Harvest one, but I just stick to oatmeal when I do have cereal.

Not that this will help you USA peoples, but I found a great cereal at my local co-op here in Sydney so I have to share

Rolled Quinoa and Amaranth with chia seeds and a bunch of organic sulfur free dry fruits... Yum....

Right on! That sounds Deelish...

• 3 months later...

Can only be found in Quebec and Ottawa but wanted to talk about this product anyway because it's a good initiative from two young vegans.

So it's new cereals called CuisineSanté. Vegan, raw, organic, local ingredients (except some like the almonds), gluten free, no added sugar.

The main difference is that they're raw -- I know there's only a few raw cereals on the market (Ruth's Chia, Ezekiel...)

They're made with sprouted quinoa and buckwheat, there's 4 different fruit flavours.

A bit expensive, but it's like any other cereals, sometimes they're half price. I didn't like so much the taste because the buckwheat has a very strong taste that make disappear the taste of the fruits and the other ingredients.

I once tried the Ezekiel but couldn't stand the taste. I used to love kashi go lean but can't believe that it has not one, not two, but three sugars in it!

I wish Nature's Path didn't put "evaporated cane juice" in EVERYTHING. It's still sugar!!! I used to love the Optimum Zen but I don't know if it's vegan.

This thread makes me want to have cereal for dinner.

I'm not sure if you can get President's Choice products in the US but I love the PC Organics 7 Reasons Cereal. It's sweetened with barley malt and fruit juice.

I think I might try the Cuisine Sante cereal. I've seen it but was hesitant about the price. It just looks good.

I think I might try the Cuisine Sante cereal. I've seen it but was hesitant about the price. It just looks good.

the one I've tried was the blueberry one. At the store where I buy my food, it's still half price, to promote this new product, otherwise I wouldn't have paid... It's good because it's crunchy, good as a snack even without milk. Honnestly I fully recommand to try it, but I personnally prefer a lot more the candy type of cereals full of sugar, lol. But it's so addictive...

the one I've tried was the blueberry one. At the store where I buy my food, it's still half price, to promote this new product, otherwise I wouldn't have paid... It's good because it's crunchy, good as a snack even without milk. Honnestly I fully recommand to try it, but I personnally prefer a lot more the candy type of cereals full of sugar, lol. But it's so addictive...

Sounds delicious! I gave up sugar 5 months ago... exactly actually. December 26th was my first sugar free day for the rest of my life. However, I do understand your love of sweet cereals. I used to love them too.

At my health food store, they'll bring in a new cereal, realise it's too expensive and drop the price. :P I'm waiting!