**BodhiDave85's Before and After Pictures **

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm very proud of your progress! I'll also say that we love having you on our forum as well!

This has been a great place for a lot of us. I can see progress being made, especially in your arms and some other areas as well.

Nice job on the body transformation! Keep on keepin on, you're doing well.

...I was borderline obese at 270lbs... I immediately did some research and found vegetarianism. Did that for about 1 1/2 years, and have been vegan since....

As a vegetarian I lost about 60 lbs quick, and about 30 as a vegan.

Weight Jan 13 2008 - 187 (Before Pics)

Feb 9 2008 - 179 (After Pics)

Almost 100 lbs! Excellent job! Losing that amount of weight is unbelievable to me... keep it up

BodhiDave85,

Man, I am so proud of what you are achieving! I was also a "fat kid" in school, having to wear "huskies" and being made fun of by all the kids, so I know what you may have experienced. I think it is so good that you are focusing on your health and your body now! Keep it up! At the rate you are going, I can't wait to see how you will be looking in 6 months!

With Deepest Bows in Your Direction,

jonzen

BodhiDave85,

Man, I am so proud of what you are achieving! I was also a "fat kid" in school, having to wear "huskies" and being made fun of by all the kids, so I know what you may have experienced. I think it is so good that you are focusing on your health and your body now! Keep it up! At the rate you are going, I can't wait to see how you will be looking in 6 months!

With Deepest Bows in Your Direction,

jonzen

Thanks so much, you are too kind, but I've gotta ask what the heck are Huskies?

Mind if I step in and grab this one.... They were the size of pants that were made pre 90s (I believe) for kids. Sizes were Slim Fit, Regular Fit, and Husky Fit. I think along with the length of pants and size of waist it was these additional "fits" for the thighs of the pants. I remember being a Regular Fit and as a kid thinkin that Husky was for overweight kids. Kids would make fun of other kids who wore the "Husky" pants. Its weird how kids can be so cruel sometimes.

Update:

Scratch that pre 90s comment, just did a google search and THEY STILL MAKE THEM! What the!? I thought that term fell off the PC planet!

Husky Pants

Mind if I step in and grab this one.... They were the size of pants that were made pre 90s (I believe) for kids. Sizes were Slim Fit, Regular Fit, and Husky Fit. I think along with the length of pants and size of waist it was these additional "fits" for the thighs of the pants. I remember being a Regular Fit and as a kid thinkin that Husky was for overweight kids. Kids would make fun of other kids who wore the "Husky" pants. Its weird how kids can be so cruel sometimes.

Update:

Scratch that pre 90s comment, just did a google search and THEY STILL MAKE THEM! What the!? I thought that term fell off the PC planet!

Husky Pants

You just reminded me of something totally random..

I dont know if you watch the series Weeds on Showtime, but one of the characters does commercials for Huskaroo's, a fat kid clothing company. Its so f'd up how we are catering to overweight and obese children. I really wish stores would stop making clothes so big, so fat kids have to wear small clothes. The embarrassment then would save the ridicule as they get older.

You just reminded me of something totally random..

I dont know if you watch the series Weeds on Showtime, but one of the characters does commercials for Huskaroo's, a fat kid clothing company. Its so f'd up how we are catering to overweight and obese children. I really wish stores would stop making clothes so big, so fat kids have to wear small clothes. The embarrassment then would save the ridicule as they get older.

Better yet, it might be good if parents took an active role in what their kids are eating... oh yeah, and maybe doing away with all the chocolate milk that kids get served in schools. Kids are fat because their parents start them off on the wrong foods... and then we blame it on "genetics" because the parents are fat, so the kids are fat. The "fat gene" runs in the family... yeah... "fat gene"... sure... if the fat gene has something to do with mom and dad throwing twinkies in the shopping cart at the grocery store... yeah sure

I agree that clothing companies should stop making clothes so big for kids. It's like they expect kids to be fat, and unhealthy now. About a year ago I was shopping with my Mom for baby clothes for one of my nieces, and we couldn't figure out why the baby clothes were so big. They weren't long, they were very wide, and it occurred to me that they were making them for wide kids. Its so sad that these clothes were for little kids under 2 years old.

It does feel good, but I wish I had more support that isnt the internet or myself.

I wouldn't stress it. You have my support, that's the best I can do for ya. If you lived in nyc, i'd say you have outside support and i'd train with you but I suspect you don't live here.

Don't worry, with the rapid pace your traveling at, when it is time to bronze out that complexion to accent what's up, you'll have all the support you need from the envious onlookers

keep up the hard work....

It does feel good, but I wish I had more support that isnt the internet or myself.

I wouldn't stress it. You have my support, that's the best I can do for ya. If you lived in nyc, i'd say you have outside support and i'd train with you but I suspect you don't live here.

Don't worry, with the rapid pace your traveling at, when it is time to bronze out that complexion to accent what's up, you'll have all the support you need from the envious onlookers

keep up the hard work....

Thanks soo much for the love, it means alot to me. What part of BK do you live in? My grandparents live near Brighton Beach.

Brighton Beach is extremely close to me. About a 12 minute bicycle ride at a regular pace, at most. I like to go jogging on the shore over there from brighton to coney island and of course, to lay out. The water isn't the cleanest but the sun good when it's warmer outside and it's nice to lay on the sand.

If you ever come out to visit the grandparents, give me a heads up beforehand and we can meet up.

I live in Bensonhurst/Gravesend area.