Procore Advance Buckwheat Protein ROCKS

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is hilarious is how this really is a community and you do get to know people's personalities and where the thread often end's up....

I always break out the pom-poms and megaphone talking about a product as if I'm the first one whose ever discovered it, so everyone should go buy it RIGHT THIS SECOND...

Troy will come in with his graphs and pie charts breaking down the product on a microscopic level.....

Then Potter will come in and tell us that protein and supplements are all a bunch of BS and we shouldn't focus on it because we pooh out all excess protein anyways......

Usually someone will back Potter with something thrown in with some reference to eating raw grass or algae for optimum health and muscle growth.....

Zack with take the middle-ground usually seeing every side of all arguments....

Then Robert will come in and thank us for contributing and being so positive... or that he just got off the phone with the President of Kemistry, with a picture attached shaking hands with Kemistry's founder...

I love our little family... LOL

I'm not in the family!

Of course you're apart of our wittel family, but I couldn't think of something consistent in your posts to make a joke out of it...

That's a compliment to you cuz it means your not predictable

If you'd rather skip the read and know my current opinion on the best protein powder.... its True Protein's Gemma Isolate.... it offers the closest 2:1:1 ratio that I have analyzed. 2nd, it offers just as many amino acids per gram of weight as other "top" proteins. 3rd, by chance, it comes from peas... all the better.

4th, it's effin' cheap.

So last night I discovered that this is one of the only protein powders that I can mix with a spoon directly in tap water and there are no lumps whasoever.

I get so tired of running and cleaning my blender that this was a nice discovery. I really really like this stuff. I am trying not to consume it at every meal PURELY due to cost, but as far as the way I feel after taking it, I love it. No bloat, gas and very easily assimilated and great taste.

A really great product. Okay, there is a claim on the jar that says its suppose to increase strength after injesting it by 400 - 600% ..... I TRULY don't know if I believe that, but I will say that last week I took it and went to the gym an hour later and I was able to squat more poundage than I ever had before.

VP, have you tried making a pudding out of it yet?

I am awaiting you review before I buy any.

Do you drink it plain or do you mix stuff in it?

Is it thicker than rice protein when mixed with water?

I mix the gemma with water and a spoon and don't get any lumps...

What is hilarious is how this really is a community and you do get to know people's personalities and where the thread often end's up....

I always break out the pom-poms and megaphone talking about a product as if I'm the first one whose ever discovered it, so everyone should go buy it RIGHT THIS SECOND...

Troy will come in with his graphs and pie charts breaking down the product on a microscopic level.....

Then Potter will come in and tell us that protein and supplements are all a bunch of BS and we shouldn't focus on it because we pooh out all excess protein anyways......

Usually someone will back Potter with something thrown in with some reference to eating raw grass or algae for optimum health and muscle growth.....

Zack with take the middle-ground usually seeing every side of all arguments....

Then Robert will come in and thank us for contributing and being so positive... or that he just got off the phone with the President of Kemistry, with a picture attached shaking hands with Kemistry's founder...

I love our little family... LOL

I'm going to have to ask Robert to change my alias from beforewisdom to impressed.

Witty post!

hi guys. i'm new to posting but have been reading this forum for months (i'm shy) and i just had to put my two cents in here. i just recieved my buckwheat protien and i had to try it immediately and it is awesome. pricey? kinda, but it's like dessert with just water. very cool.

Welcome aboard... don't be shy! Participate...

ok. I'm telling you I can lift heavier on this stuff.

It's official now because its happened three times.

I want someone else to experiment with what it says on the jar and tell me if they notice a difference. Record your lifts. Then the next week, have some and then lift an hour later. I really think I can lift more on it. Or maybe I'm just really susceptible to the phychological placebo effect of claims made by supplement companies.

Either way... me likey

(Harley, I haven't tried the puddin yet. Sorry... but I do think that it would make into a pudding consistency, just not as thick as gemma.)

Alright, I just ordered this and did a little research.

The limiting amino acids for this powder are methionine and cysteine (which are somewhat interchangeable). As cysteine is one of the components of creatine, I think this is a good supplement for those who are either taking creatine or eating food sources very high in cystine +/or methionine.

methionine is one of the EAAs that legumes are short on, which is where the bulk of protein in a vegan diet comes from. FWIW, you can get protein powder extracted from brown rice which likely doesn't have this problem.

I've been using such a powder and it has a mild, smooth taste. You only need two spoons for a dose.

You guys might find this interesting.

From myprotein.co.uk:

Oryzatein® Rice Protein Concentrate is the concentrated protein fraction of Non GM Whole Grain Brown Rice. Produced under trade secret by means of an all natural proprietary process; Oryzatein is a non GMO, Hypoallergenic rice protein concentrate with excellent functional characteristics.

Essential AA profile of Oryzatein is similar to AA profile of Mothers' Milk: 98% similar.

You guys might find this interesting.

From myprotein.co.uk:

Oryzatein® Rice Protein Concentrate is the concentrated protein fraction of Non GM Whole Grain Brown Rice. Produced under trade secret by means of an all natural proprietary process; Oryzatein is a non GMO, Hypoallergenic rice protein concentrate with excellent functional characteristics.

Essential AA profile of Oryzatein is similar to AA profile of Mothers' Milk: 98% similar.

This stuff sounds really interesting. I would like to try some myself. But I can't seem to find anywhere in the US that sells it.

Any links?

The only problem I have with it is the fact that the amino acid requirement of infants (and children, especially under age 2) is different from adults. I wish the amino acid profile was in mgs rather than percentage. This would make for easier comparison.

In that case, we already have the amino acid profile (thanks Troy).

When it comes to protein powders, I think variety is as important as whole foods variety. My plan is to use buckwheat, rice and pea while cutting (I already get enough soy during that time) and add soy while bulking (until my last pound of it is used up).

It's fortunate that there are so many plant-based protein powders available now. While I'm fond of soy, I will admit that I was a bit unhappy with the amount of it in my diet.

i agree DV . i used to think that protein was protein was protein when i was starting out and just bought soy because i thought it was the most complete protein i could eat and moreover, that it was my only option. now i use pea, rice, buckwheat, soy ...and the next one i'll try is hemp (i'm so cheap) they all have their own flavors and textures, so the more you mix it up, not only are you getting a better amino profile, but it's almost like having different kinds of meals....almost.

VP, have you tried making a pudding out of it yet?

I am awaiting you review before I buy any.

Do you drink it plain or do you mix stuff in it?

Is it thicker than rice protein when mixed with water?

I mix the gemma with water and a spoon and don't get any lumps...

I made it into a pudding last night. It tasted like I was eating a bowl of frosting. Almost a tad too sweet, but definitely better than any Vegan protein powder I've tasted thus far. What I do like about making it into a pudding is that you don't need to add anything. If anything, I'd be looking to add something to cut the sweetness. Hey! Brainstorm!!! I'm gonna try cutting it with some PLAIN gemma and that should cut some of the sweetness. I'm a genius. LOL

Anyways, I also noticed today that 1 scoop has 25% of the RDA for Iron. Since I take at least 2 scoops a day, I love the idea that I'm increasing my iron intake without even trying.

buckwheat protein sounds like a good new addition to the field but this stuff has soy protein isolate and dextrose..... so if there was a company making it that was just the buckwheat protein than I might give it a try