Anyone see the movie, Our Daily Bread?

9nines

http://www.ourdailybread.at/jart/projects/utb/website.jart?rel=en&content-id=1130864824948

It is not a movie promoting veganism – I think there is no editorial comments at all. It just shows mass food production, including slaughterhouses. It was on IFC or Sundance channel today. When I turned to it, it was showing a pig slaughterhouse. That stuff makes me sense and I do not need to see it change my mind, so I quit watching it but it would be good for non-vegans to watch.

Anyone seen it?

We saw it last year. Great movie, especially since it's all visual. Watching the mechanical fruit pickers "process" a tree was almost as violent as some of the animal processing (but only after the death of the animals). The movie really showed how far removed we are, as a species, from the production of something we do every day - eat.

• 3 months later...

I saw it in Montreal while the filmmakers were there and answered questions after the show. I like the way it's been shot, no dialogues, no narration. Just images and it's enough to show everything that needs to be seen.

But I didn't agree when after the movie, organic farmers and the filmmakers were saying that the workers don't eat the food that they're making when they go in break. Were they eating fruits and greens, I don't think so! They were eating sandwiches which probably contain meat, samething they work with all day long and it doesn't seem to bother them.