Largest Beef Recall in U.S History....

BodhiDave85

I'd much rather the people get infected...thats the only way some people will ever learn. Hell...it takes lung cancer to get people to stop smoking...skin cancer for people to even remotely consider not tanning...and mad cow for a lot of people to give up meat. If all bad meat was taken off the shelves...many more animals would be killed to meet demand since people won't even think twice if they feel the govt. is doing their job and taking junk off the market...they'll actually trust food more than they do now. Just look at Japan's beef market. They test every cow for Mad Cow and they catch more than we do...they eat tons of beef despite the fact that it costs many times the price of our beef.

While I do find the whole thing horrific (and have been spamming it on sites I know there are omnivores), has this not also happened in recent times to spinach (where there was a massive recall due to salmonella?). I think this is just a larger indication that the whole food processing industry has some serious issues as to how they do things. It's part of why I prefer locally grown options and organic options when it comes to veggies and am seriously looking at some balcony growing options as well.

While I do find the whole thing horrific (and have been spamming it on sites I know there are omnivores), has this not also happened in recent times to spinach (where there was a massive recall due to salmonella?). I think this is just a larger indication that the whole food processing industry has some serious issues as to how they do things. It's part of why I prefer locally grown options and organic options when it comes to veggies and am seriously looking at some balcony growing options as well.

The spinach was largely infected with animal crops in the area...runoff is a major problem when you cut down every tree in sight. Some of that spinach was even organic...makes me think the organic growers don't have as much money and are forced to buy cheaper land in less desirable places.

What I've been pointing out to people about this article is that there would be more recalls and more news articles like this, if they didn't just routinely dump infected meat into the school lunch program. (this is mentioned in Robbin's book, Diet for a New America)

There have been some horrified stares... for sure.