I'm New

vegygrl

Hi all,

I'm looking forward to being a part of this forum. It will be nice to converse with people of like mind. I'm a life-long vegan, conceived and raised that way. I'm a vegan for all of the commonly listed reasons, but the one closest to my heart is trying to make the world a better place by not contributing to the waste and environmental degradation that takes place through the production of animal products for selfish humans. As far as fitness, I'm trying to get fit again. I was a dancer for 8 years and quit when I was 15. From then until about 18 I didn't exercise at all. Then I finally got fed up because things were starting to move. What I mean by this is that my ass, which had never moved when I walked because of my six, sometimes seven days a week of dance, was now moving. I started doing yoga, which I still do. I love it but I'm not taking a class this semester and I have a hard time making myself set aside the time to do it. I have, in the last couple of weeks started running with my boyfriend. I officially suck! But it was something I had never done before and thought I could never do, so I choose to prove otherwise to myself. I'm progressing at a turtles pace, but I really am enjoying myself.

And that is way more than any of you ever wanted to know about me. Thank you for reading all of it, if you are one of the few patient people who did. If anyone every needs anything, please don't hesitate to ask.

What kind of dancing did you do and why did you quit?

I did ballet, jazz, tap, lyrical and hip-hop. I quit because it wasn't fun anymore. I have a tendency to get too serious about things. At one point I was dancing 6 to 7 days a week and was also assistant teaching 6 classes. It was a lot considering how young I was. But now I really miss that part of my life.

Welcome to the forum Don't worry about the running thing. I'm sure after a little while your old strength will kick back in along with some muscle memory and you'll probably find out that your a decent runner in time.

Welcome veggie grl!

I have, in the last couple of weeks started running with my boyfriend. I officially suck!

Don't even stress it! I haven't ran in a year and I actually just went to jog for the first time in over a year. I clocked my slow ass and I was jogging the 3 miles at a snail pace of 10min p/mile. Not that I was ever fast. I used to average 8 min miles but I want to get back there and I used to run the mile in 6:30min.

It's like anything in life; consistency breeds results. Jog 3-5 times or more a week and you will get faster and faster.

As for the dancing, it's never to late to start up again. But hey, you could always try something new, there is tons of stuff out there to do. Like Tasha and her wall climbing or repelling is cool too!

Welcome to our group!

Great to see so many people from Arizona. I see a local meet-up in the near future! I used to live in AZ and would love to come back and hang out with a bunch of you on here.

I hope you enjoy your time on our forum. All the best and welcome aboard!

Welcome! Vegan girls are the best!

I bet turtles pace means that you're not making miracles in a couple of days but you're getting better at a normal speed as most of us do.

I also officially suck (I bet there are even peer-reviewed studies proving it) at running. I solved the problem by not doing it.