Started this week!

alison

Hello everyone,

I am new to this forum. I have devised a training schedule and got started on Monday. I have exercised sporadically over the last couple of years but sadly not done enough to keep in shape. I need to lose quite a bit of fat as my body fat (according to the accumeasure I bought) is at 30%. According to my calculations I need to lose 22 pounds of fat to bring my body fat down to 20%. Once I've done that I'm sure I would be happy to get leaner but one step at a time.

My training schedule is as follows:

45 minutes walking very briskly on treadmill at 5-8% incline 7 x week

Yoga 3 x week

Pilates Ab work 3 x week

Free weights for back, chest, shoulders, biceps and triceps 2 exercises for each muscle group, 2 x week

Squats, Lunges and calf raises holding free weights 2 x week

I have been vegetarian since 1999 and recently took some time transitioning to fully vegan, eating small amounts of dairy when out to dinner or eating the odd thing, just not being particularly strict, finally determining to stop the bulls*&$ and do it properly a few months ago.

I am following the Eat to Live plan, which some may be familiar with. It is basically high nutrient to calorie ratio. Lots of raw and cooked veg, lots of greens, beans and fruits, limited grains and fats.

Any comments or suggestions are welcome. I will post as I go. I hope to have a radically transformed body in a few months!

Alison

Welcome!

It's wonderful to see loads of new people here (even though I'm quite new myself). I just love to see everyone to get a grip of themselves, go vegan and become healthier than ever!

With a workout like that you are expected to see magnificent results in no time.

Hey Alison, Welcome!

The workout sounds absolutely perfect to get in gear.

It is funny how you put everything together. 'Vegygrl' just joined a day or two ago and was asking about a gym routine to add to her jogging routine and I recommended to her pretty much exactly what you decided to do upper/lower. I'm gonna recommend her to this thread as soon as I get a chance.

You're on the right track, I see no flaws whatsoever, keep it up.

Thank you very much for the welcome and encouragement. I must say my muscles are screaming in agony and I'm hobbling around like an old woman. hahaha. Its always the first few workouts that kill me, next week should be better. Going to force myself on the treadmill now, as soon as I'm warmed up it will feel better.....

Hi Allison! Welcome to the club. You're gonna do absolutely wonderful here. I've lost 22lbs in 2 months, working out 5 days a week as a vegetarian and getting even better results now as a vegan. Sounds like you're on the right track and I wish you the best of luck!

Thank you! Well done on those results, that is fabulous!