Toxin Cleansing Programs

Mike

Internet forums aren't always kind to people who know what they are talking about.

Beforewisdom, I may have misread your quote, but to me it seems as if you're insinuating that people who disagree with you don't know what they're talking about.

Not in this particular case, but I have had that happen to me in other places, though I was not referring to those situations either.

My post was meant to be taken as face value to DV.

There are many people on the internet who have pet beliefs about things that did not come from anything like researching what the known facts are. Even when egos and pissing contests are not involved I've noticed that enlightening people to the facts is often a thankless task. People will argue with you as a proxy for arguing with reality as they have more than practical concerns invested in their mistaken beliefs.

As I have gotten older time and energy for learning new things has been more difficult to come by. I appreciate it when someone who knows what they are talking about bothers to speak up. I find the exchange of information rewarding and I try to let those people know that so they will not be chased away as I have seen happen.

Again, none of this has anything to do with BD, only my appreciation for DV being willing to stick it out here.

I know what you mean. I agree that it's always refreshing when someone is willing to back up his or her argument, which DV and BD have done wonderfully through their own experiences. It's frustrating to see discussions in which people are so slavish to their beliefs that they aren't willing to accept the fact that they could be wrong or others could be right. It seems that sometimes the person with the "loudest" or most aggressive argument wins, regardles of the facts. I've really enjoyed this thread because that hasn't been the case with anyone here.

I hope it didn't seem like I was calling you out; I just wanted to clarify so I know where everyone's coming from. Thanks for the explanation .

Mike

See Dad, we CAN play nice!

But seriously, it's great that this thread has allowed so many differing opinions without anyone getting into a heated debate.

I have learned a lot on this forum just by considering others' opinions. Some threads have prompted me to do further research into a topic and discover that my thoughts have been outdated or wrong. I have learned lesson from the unlikeliest of people in the past. I continue to do so on this forum.

I have learned a lot on this forum just by considering others' opinions. Some threads have prompted me to do further research into a topic and discover that my thoughts have been outdated or wrong. I have learned lesson from the unlikeliest of people in the past.

Me too!

Yay, I was called "Dad." I LOVE children, as many of you know, so it's great to be the Dad around here. I don't always know what is best, and I do make mistakes quite often, but I try to send a standard for respectful communication and I think that is one of the reasons this place thrives.

I'm glad we're learning things, making new friends, finding training partners, friends to meet up with when we travel, and in general, I'm glad we're having fun.

I learn a lot too, and that keeps me coming back to try to better myself and become buddies with more people who are, in a word, "cool."

I love you guys

Thanks, man! We love you, too .

You're right that his forum is filled with a lot of very cool people. Thanks for making this such a great place to "hang out."

I'm getting a little verklempt; talk amongst yourselves...

Mike