Vegetarian Prince

Troy

Like most of these articles I think it has some positive and negative aspects like when he references a "vegan" diet:

"The youngest player to hit 50 home runs in a season was grossed out, so much so that he made his last meaty meal a salmon filet before quitting the animal game on Feb. 3. He has even dabbled in a vegan lifestyle but admits that might be pushing things a little."

But, like other articles, he says he did it for ethical reasons, and that he has more energy than before.

Those are very positive things.

Give these guys time and let's see how they progress.

Very cool! Vegetarianism is one step closer to veganism. I hope it works out well for him. Hopefully, with enough support from the vegan community, he will feel inspired to one day make the full transition.

What's up with that part at the beginning where the writer says he doesn't eat meat, not even fish??? Dude, fish is meat. It's like when someone orders a chicken salad and says, "Oh yeah, I'm a vegetarian."

Mike

This is wicked. Prince Fielder has an great chance at being something special, and if he were to do it as a veg that'd be awesome for the diet. He is also baseball royalty, and defeats the stereotypes that veggies are all skin and bone. I totally understand what he meant when he said that would be a bit much. It took me 12 years for my diet to evolve to where it is today. To expect someone to go straight from a cheeseburger diet to being vegan right away is a bit much. It takes time, and at least he is making an effort.

Yeah, there is huge potential with Prince and with Tony Gonzalez to do something special for this movement in the sports area (or on the field as it were).

This is a popular trend and we have people like T. Colin Campbell to thank (Author of the China Study) as well as Rory Freedman, author of Skinny Bitch.

Those books are mainstream (Skinny Bitch has sold 1 million copies and pro athletes have been reading it).

It's cool so see veggies getting hyped by not just regular pro athletes but by some of the best athletes in their hugely popular sports!