i've been watching you :)

thendanisays

hi everyone! my name is dani and although i've been frequenting this site for quite a while, i only now have decided to pipe up! i'm shy

so im a twenty two year old female and i have been vegan for almost 6 years now (has it been that long?) and was lacto ovo for about 6 years before that. eating meat was something that just never settled right with me even as a kid.

but i was an overweight lacto-ove. at 5'7" i pushed 190lbs at my max, and after i went vegan i just dropped thirty pounds naturally. then i got into fitness and dieted hard (probably too hard) and got down to 130lbs which is where i am now. i hired a trainer because i wanted to get into lifting to cut bodyfat about a year ago, but veganism was over her head, and while she taught me a lot about form, my diet was all screwy and it was too pricey for the results i was getting.

i saw robert talk at the boston vegetarian food festival a few months back and i got a copy of the thrive diet and devoured it, so to speak, and after my 4 month haitus from fitness i decided to bounce back and find some likeminded people. vegans here are few and far between.

so, for the past month i have been working with veggieprincess who has helped me immensly with my diet as far as what a lifting bodybuilder would eat and i feel like i'm finally getting results which is motivating me more. she's awesome and people looking for guildance should hit her up.

i have never been a big protein person, believing that you need a ton, but then again, i got little result with all my carbs. i'm a trial and error type of person, so right now i'm doing 1gm/lb of bodyweight, and we'll see what happens. i do miss my fruits though but i feel better and stronger overall so far.

glad to be here guys!

That was a beautiful intro. Warmed my heart. You sound like a great person and I am happy that you have found a place to relate. It can be difficult to find support but after a few potlucks and some networking, it has a tendency to fall into place and of course the net helps, like this wonderful place. Veggieprincess is a great person to connect with; being you worked with her one on one you know her much better than I do for sure. I'm glad for that. Congrats on the weight loss and choice of a fitness based lifestyle.

Stay open, ask questions, give, what have you, that's what this group is for.

Welcome!

Welcome!

Thanks for listening to me in Boston, I hope to be back again sometime soon. It's a great city!

Thanks for being part of our team here. We have a nice community and I'm glad you've already found some mentors and role models.

All the best and welcome aboard!