Recently Watched

Dr. Pink

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Harold and Kumar 2...it was pretty funny except they shot a C.G. deer in the movie.plc...That pissed me off. I hate animal violence in movies...It drives me nuts!! Pet Cemetery,I am legend,Bambi,Star wars,The ring... and it goes on like this...there was this one movie that came out this guy was killing kittens on the internet.The only requirement for a movie to be decent in my opinion is lack of animal violence. I don't get mad when people(adults) die in movies...I'm deranged.Well actually because most of the violence in movies(except war movies which I refuse to watch either!)is fake violence...whereas people shooting deer and skinning rabbits happens on a daily basis the movie reminds me and I just get upset.I just hate violence I am not desensitized to it.

oh...and I thought I wanted to see "wanted" till I saw the preview and some of the movie takes place in a meat Locker....Damn!

City of Men, sort of sequel to City of God, about the gangs war in Rio de Janeiro.

Awesome movie. The shooting scenes with over 50 kids with guns in the streets are impressive.

edit: I just learned in the Making of documentary that City of Men was a tv series that lasted 4 years. Then City of God's filmmaker Moreilli deceided to make a full lenght feature film with it.

Yeah I agree totally Im your Man, the thing that annoyed me was the lack of any explanation at the end, I hate it when they do that, its just lazy

That could also be seen as a good thing. Because movies which overly explains everything to a tee is quite frankly insulting to our intelligence.

If you watch closely there is actually quite a bit of tid bits and parts in Cloverfield that explain quite a bit. Mostly near the end. If you look closely you can see an object fall from the sky( The scene with the main characters on the Ferris Wheel ) It was explained by the Director that the object was a satellite( From the Japanese company where the main character was going to work if the events of the movie had not happened. )

Although the one thing I wish I knew was if the two surviving characters survived the explosion. But overall I wouldn't call it awful ( I reserve the awful for truly awful garbage like Bridget Jones Diary )for just not explaining the points a whole lot. Because in life sometimes there is little to no explanation and you just have to go with it. With any terrible disaster the main objective is to get out alive. No one really worries about what's causing the disaster they just want to live.

The movie is also open for a sequel. One that might possibly shed more light on what happened. Because apparently that explosion did not kill the monster. It's still alive( It's said near the end of the credits...only backwards

In fact....there is going to be a sequel. I can't wait

I just watched Wanted yesterday, in the theater, with a few friends I havent seen in months. Had absolutely no idea what this movie was about or who was in it, so I went into the movie with a relatively optimistic state of mind. If not for the on-the-edge-of-your- seat cinematography and the super bad ass Angelina Jolie, and unexpected twist I would have probably absolutely hated this movie. With the "positives" out of the way, I can now say my honest opinion which is, this movie was totally lame. Take out all the unethical things that were done or portrayed with animals, and this movie still sucks ass. I pretty much gave up on this movie after they tied explosives to thousands of rats in order to blow up a building. There was quite a few other inappropriate things done with animals, but i'll let the people that want to watch this movie rant about those things, because the raw human exploitation was 100x worse, distasteful, and completely useless. There wasnt a scene when atleast 1 person didnt die because some ancient weaving loom decides who deserves to be killed. The theme of the movie is "What have you done with your life?", and the answer is "Killing individuals to save thousands of lives". I mean this movie does touch a few interesting points about Karma, but implies that if there is a problem theres no trying in fixing it. I'm going to conserve my energy for something more important and finish my review here.

Rating C -/D+

Went to my brother's house today to hang out, but he was on his way to see Prince Caspian (narnia 2). I went along, although I didn't see narnia 1. It wasn't my kind of movie, I didn't understand the motives of the characters, nor could I connect with any of the characters, and things seemed pretty simplistic, I felt it was aimed at a younger audience. Someone got their head cut off which was pretty cool.

Just watched Man Bites Dog and The Host. Man Bites Dog is a phenomenal French flick that won the International Critics Award at the 92 Cannes Film Festival.

The Host is a Korean horror movie. It was alright. There was a bunch of hype around it that I just didn't agree with, but not a total waste of time.

oh man i've watched so many movies lately i'll just c&c my reviews from my facebook account

Dan in Real Life Loved it! The tone and atmosphere feels so realistic to real life. The humor and drama isn't blown of out proportion, rather it captures life just how truly it is. A real gem of a film.

Wanted It's not the worst shoot em movie that's for sure. It has a fairly decent twist which amused me, and the ending was kick ass. The visuals are without doubt something which isn't utilized too much in films, so it was refreshing to see such amazing animations. Every shooter movie from here on will be so boring now, unless the bullets curve of course.

Hancock Very surprised how much I liked this movie. The cgi of Hancock in flight, and just about every fight and action scene is done with top quality animation. I like how the script showed Hancocks flaws, his history, and struggle, all in one fairly short film. Oh and Charlize Theron, looking fine as usual.

The Happening The movie started off great, created suspense, and was quite dramatic. As it went on though, I found it got slower and slower. To the point where I actually didn't care what was going on. It was fine until they reached the houses, from then on it got quite boring, but defiantly not as bad as people are saying. For an R rating, this movie was soft, extremely soft. The suicide scenes weren't even nasty, they cut away as soon as something started happening.

The Incredible Hulk This is how the Hulk movie should have been made first time around, none of that comic book appearance, just straight up bad ass Hulk. I was skeptic with this one (just as I was with Iron Man), but it turned out rather well. Story was decent, and action was pretty hardcore.

Edited by endcruelty

I just got a poopton of movies from the lieberry... FO FREE!!!

Life Is Beautiful, Dr. Strangeglove, Delicatessen(dark french humor!), Bicycle Thieves (neorealist Italian film) and Koyaanisqatsi(documentary scored by Phillip Glass-whose music is really only good in movies, so it rocks!)

My parent's are finally redoing our kitchen is getting redone this week, so I'm making a ton of falafel batter for a party this weekend an old high school friend is throwing and watching all these movies! Plus I still have The Samurai Trilogy and City Of God. Week is looking pretty sweet!