Almond Butter vs Peanut Butter

threeloaves

My favorite is cashew butter, or better yet cashew cream (in which I make the cashew cream in a blender with raw rice milk-that I make myself- and organic raw cashew pieces (cheaper to get pieces and not whole cashews. I bought a 25lb bag of pieces thru the food coop). I put it in smoothies, add a little to pasta sauce for a cream-type sauce, and my kids' favorite is cream of whatever vegetable soup I have made for the day. Very sweet flavor.

What do you guys use to grind up your own nut butters?

Btw, does almond butter go bad? I bought a jar of raw almond butter a week ago and my bf opened it and had some. Then I had some the other day and I just read the best before date on the lid and it says it expired april 1st 2007.

That is so fucking gross. I hope I don't have any weird parasites.. lol. Gawd I hate Superstore. Don't they do inventory?

What do you guys use to grind up your own nut butters?

Btw, does almond butter go bad? I bought a jar of raw almond butter a week ago and my bf opened it and had some. Then I had some the other day and I just read the best before date on the lid and it says it expired april 1st 2007.

That is so fucking gross. I hope I don't have any weird parasites.. lol. Gawd I hate Superstore. Don't they do inventory?

1 year expired grinded nuts... really not good. I guess it was still on the shelf because nobody buys almond butter in those kind of superstores, they all buy peanut butter.

Have anybody tried cashew butter, pumpkin butter, macadamia butter, etc...?

Cashew Butter is great...much different than any other butter. I also love hemp butter, and pumpkin but they make almond butter seem cheap. I do make my own sun butter occasionally and thats great as well...at least you can make it on your own. As for making other butters its not easy. Nut butters aren't just milled...they're grinded and crushed...something most people can't do at home.

***I've had macadamia butter on a few occasions...I was never impressed by it....the taste is too mild relative to the other butters.

if you have a trader joes, raw almond butter is dirt cheap, i think about $2.50 a jar, and it tastes better than maranatha imo

Wow. There are some of those in Chicago. I need to stock up the next time I am there. I usually use cashew butter right now because it is cheaper around here than almond butter and I like the flavor about the same.

Do just invest in a big ass hammer?

My bf said he'll eat that 1 year old almond butter.

Dude.

I'm never kissing him.

Again.

Lol cheap Italian just can't watch food go to waste

I'd definitely eat yr old almond butter. I'm gonna eat a 2yr past expiration Cliff bar on my bike tomorrow and I'll be fine.

I can easily eat 3/4 of a jar without noticing...once I eat that much I just fold and finish the rest...no sense in not finishing if you've gorged that much already.

I can easily eat 3/4 of a jar without noticing...once I eat that much I just fold and finish the rest...no sense in not finishing if you've gorged that much already.

Lol, I often reason like that, like most men. Eating almost a full container of food in one shot but there's still 10% of it, it's like we must finish what we start, otherwise it would like a waste, or it would be unperfect.

Also, when I buy some food sometimes I feel the urge to eat it the sameday, otherwise I feel it's gonna be a waste if it stays more than a day in cupboards.

You're right...its very hard for me to open anything and not finish it. If things all came in small packages I'd be much better off since I don't normally go for another package of food once I finish one...thing is...its cheaper to buy larger packages of food so I buy them. Then I suffer because i eat the whole thing anyway and actually wind up spending even more.