guarana

you can just mix the powder with juice, but watch out, it brings on caffeine jitters like no other.

thanks. for the caffeine, that's why I bought it. I've heard body assimilates the guarana caffeine slowly, during all day, compared to the caffeine in coffee. Some years ago I've tried all the energy drinks that exist. But now I bought that for using in smaller dose, I'm on diet and wanna lose some weight, heard guarana is good from being hungry. Since I'm on diet, I don't wanna put it in fruit juice... gonna try in water but must be awful... have any suggestions ?

What I've done with some horrible tasting supplements is just put the spoonful directly into my mouth but have a BIG glass of water ready to wash it down. It sounds intense, but I'd rather get the taste over with quickly than to suffer through an entire glass of it. Also, this prevents any of the powder from getting stuck in your glass and wasted.

Mike

ok thanks everybody, I'll try some stuff...

Mike wrote:

"What I've done with some horrible tasting supplements is just put the spoonful directly into my mouth but have a BIG glass of water ready to wash it down."

ahah ! yeah I've done things like that with brewer's yeast, and, back in the days I wasn't vegan, with raw eggs.

About stevia, it tastes ok, I use it for protein shakes

Is the guarana powder able to solubilize in water? Or does it just cling to the glass? or clump in lumps in the water?

by mixing it with a spoon, it kind of solubilize in water, though some of it goes down at the bottom of the glass, like brewer's yeast.

It doesn't taste bad, just a strange subtile taste, I don't know with what to compare it.

It is just that some stuff isn't water soluble and sticks to the cup or glass that it is in, and then you end up wasting product. So I just take a teaspoon of my EFA oil of choice (flax, walnut, sesame, olive, etc.) and add the stuff to it and stir it in till it goes into the oil (if not water soluble, then it could be oil soluble). Then I add the water (I like warm water to make it go down easily). I whisk the oil into little droplets and then down it in a gulp or two. The taste is the same, except with the taste of the oil also, but it all goes down without being on the glass. No waste. I need to take the oil anyways, though usually a tablespoon of the stuff, not a little teaspoon.