Online Forum-member Vegan Bodybuilding Competition

Who would be into this? I think I presented the idea a couple of years ago and didn't get a lot of interest and some worried about the inter-forum competition, but I see it as a fun thing to do.

Here is how it would go:

We'd pick a date...say in April or May and hold and online bodybuilding competition open to anyone. Basically, you'd send in current photos (would have to be taken within 4 weeks of the competition) of all 8 mandatory poses.

We could have various divisions if we had enough entries or just one contest.

You wouldn't have to pay any registration fee, wouldn't have to tan if you didn't want to, won't have to pose in posing trunks and the idea is to have it for fun and inspire one another.

I'd come up with official certificates for the winners and even have cash prizes or my usual prizes of t-shirts, DVDs and Vega.

It may just be like $100 for 1st $50 for 2nd and $25 for 3rd or something like that. We may even be able to get sponsors and other things donated, like maybe a sponsorship from Vega (winner is a new sponsored athlete by Vega) if they'll go for it, or something along those lines. Historically Vegan Essentials has donated something as well, usually in the form of a gift certificate.

Anyway, just an idea I had today. It is in infant stages and I'm open to any suggestions.

Thoughts?

Recap:

Online forum-member vegan bodybuilding competition

Pick a certain date and submit photos of the 8 mandatory poses

1. Front Lat Spread

2. Front Double Biceps

3. Side Chest

4. Side Triceps

5. Rear Lat Spread

6. Rear Double Biceps

7. Abdominals and Thigh

8. Most Muscular

It would be open to anyone on this forum

Our community will vote for the winners (each person can vote only once as usual in our online contests)

Prizes will be given

No costs involved for any of the participants

Opportunities could include cash prizes, sponsorships, gift certificates, features on our main website as the winners, recognition, etc.

I may even pitch the idea to VegNews Magazine (I'm friends with them) and the winners could maybe be featured in one of their issues.

Ideas?

I don't want you to have to stop your bulking........but I think the concept is a fun idea and we could see some great physiques displayed as well.

I also see it as a fun challenge and I look forward to all the comparisons and seeing that muscle!

I'll create a poll later on in the week to see who's interested to see if we have enough participants to make it worthwhile.

Thanks to those interested so far

I already know that SeaSiren and VeggiePrincess will kick my ass in the thigh poses. I think I could take them for upper body though. Could we have a category for 5'8" and taller women, age 40 and over? I might be able to place in that one...

May I suggest a summer comp so that those of us who haven't seen the sun for 6 months can turn down the glare of our white skin?

I'm liking the interest so far!

Just like bodybuilding organizations.....we can offer multiple contest dates, get prize packages including money and I can sincerely work to get some sort of media exposure beyond this website too....with magazines or other websites. I'll try to partner with some companies to sponsor the events as well.

So anyway, we could come up with official "rules", basically guidelines and pick some dates, and like regular "on stage" contests you can compete in as many as you want....perhaps we'll have an unbeatable champ who reigns or we'll have new winners every time. Either way, it should be exciting.

Good suggestion with the other pose. We can also give awards for "most muscular."

I just thought of something.....nearly all of us have a digital camera or know someone who does. We can offer (just like regular competitions) a 60-90 posing routine in video form! That will make it easier to vote. Just be sure to be in a well lit area!

I'll keep working away at this and I'm excited about the possibilities.

Online bodybuilding competition with current photos within 4 weeks of the contest and a video for your individual posing routine for the community to vote on and the winners will be rewarded well, and the cost is FREE. If anyone has competed before, you know when it's all said and done it is hundreds of dollars per contest (fees, registrations, tanning supplies, travel, hotel, etc.)

Let's keep brainstorming and set an event schedule

hate to be the negative one but i vote no for the video thing. photos are enough according to me. i really suck at posing (never done it) but i can probably make it look good for like a couple of seconds. no way however that i can do it for 60 seconds.

I just think that video helps show more than photos, and show it more accurately.....and it's part of a regular competition (the 60-second posing)

But we'll see how others feel....maybe we can make it optional and still create an award for it (best posing routine).

Any thoughts on dates? Maybe we could do 4 per year, every 3 months. ?

I think it's a wonderful idea to encourage growth and getting people to reach towards a goal!

That being said, I'm competing in 10 more comps this year, and am so strict on diet, etc .... that a "competitor mindset" is much different than what most people need to be eating and working out like. And therefore, would not enter. But would love to encourage the ladies on the board to partake in this! I would also be happy to help with any of the ladies goals.

Robert, perhaps a break down for men & women?

DV & tuc , no excuses .....

Edited by SeaSiren

I already know that SeaSiren and VeggiePrincess will kick my ass in the thigh poses. I think I could take them for upper body though. Could we have a category for 5'8" and taller women, age 40 and over? I might be able to place in that one...

May I suggest a summer comp so that those of us who haven't seen the sun for 6 months can turn down the glare of our white skin?

your too funny.

I am unbelievably pale, but I'm kind of addicted to ProTan Competition Color whenever I want to look good for something. This stuff is magic. People buy it for shows, but I use it whenever. It makes such a HUUUUUGE difference. People put on coats and coats of this stuff for competition but a couple coats on the upper body with some jeans and you'll be amazed at the difference and how nice your muscles look. If you really want to sexy up the look, throw a thin coat of Loreal Sublime Glow daily moisturizer over the top. Add a wife-beater tank and you'll really make that husband of yours worry a bit if you go out of the house without him!!

We'll keep working at this, and remember you don't need to do all the tanning and stuff like that if you don't want to. You can take it as seriously or as casually as you want.

The idea is to have fun, but also reward hard work and give recognition.

If anyone has followed the main website www.veganbodybuilding.com you'll notice that we're rewarding hard work and awesome accomplishments more and more.

Lots of people are getting an opportunity to shine and this will be no different, and perhaps will be a better opportunity as we may get some mainstream coverage and get the winners on the radio, in podcast interviews, in magazines and on other websites.

We can evolve this to fit our own interests.

My idea is:

4 contests per year

Multiple divisions (maybe a novice and experienced for both men and women). I don't think we have enough people to break it down by weight class.

Awards for all participants - bigger awards for winners

Use photos and video to get an accurate assessment of the physiques

Have forum members vote for the winners

Have fun!

I am unbelievably pale, but I'm kind of addicted to ProTan Competition Color whenever I want to look good for something. This stuff is magic. People buy it for shows, but I use it whenever. It makes such a HUUUUUGE difference. People put on coats and coats of this stuff for competition but a couple coats on the upper body with some jeans and you'll be amazed at the difference and how nice your muscles look. If you really want to sexy up the look, throw a thin coat of Loreal Sublime Glow daily moisturizer over the top. Add a wife-beater tank and you'll really make that husband of yours worry a bit if you go out of the house without him!!

Time to go shopping.......

We'll keep working at this, and remember you don't need to do all the tanning and stuff like that if you don't want to. You can take it as seriously or as casually as you want.

The idea is to have fun, but also reward hard work and give recognition.

If anyone has followed the main website www.veganbodybuilding.com you'll notice that we're rewarding hard work and awesome accomplishments more and more.

Lots of people are getting an opportunity to shine and this will be no different, and perhaps will be a better opportunity as we may get some mainstream coverage and get the winners on the radio, in podcast interviews, in magazines and on other websites.

We can evolve this to fit our own interests.

My idea is:

4 contests per year

Multiple divisions (maybe a novice and experienced for both men and women). I don't think we have enough people to break it down by weight class.

Awards for all participants - bigger awards for winners

Use photos and video to get an accurate assessment of the physiques

Have forum members vote for the winners

Have fun!

all this sounds awesome! i'm gonna start practicing my poses

i think it's great that you guys started updating the main site more often. keep it up

Yeah, Richard and I are now committed to keeping things fresh on there all the time....that site drives people to this forum community and we want to get the main site updated, since that is where most people go when they learn about this site.

I look forward to these contests and I'm sure as I promote them, we'll get more and more people involved.

I'll work on getting sponsors too

I'm sure we can get some pretty cool prizes and sponsorships set up.

i was thinking about this while i was pumping my biceps tonight

if you would have 4 comps each year it would be "logical" if you had em january, march, june, september. which would make this first one in june. it gives people time to prepare for this first one too. it will be like a beach 08 comp