aero bars

a local bike shop is having a huge sale this weekend I am probably going to pick up a few things, but stopped by today to get my bike looked at (need to replace rear hub.....) and looked around

Anyway I was planning on getting some clip on aero bars, since this summer I'm gonna focus on tri's and figure if i can get em cheaper now just go ahead and do it instead of waiting 1 month. Anyway, the two they have for sale are I think the profile design airstyke and the aerolite I think and they are both like 65$ on sale, normally 99 dollars? I think

http://www.profile-design.com/products/aerobars/airstryke/

http://www.profile-design.com/products/aerobars/aerolite/

wondering if anyone has thoughts, recommendations etc.

I really don't like Profile Bars. They don't hold your arms in place well since the pads are so flat, and they're very heavy unless you buy their high end integrated carbon bar. I'd personally go with FSA Vision bars. They really cup your forearm nicely. Easton bars aren't bad either but not many places sell them.

**Whats the deal with the hub??? Your bike is pretty much new.

I'll get this sorta clanking noise coming from my back wheel/cassette area sporadically when I am coasting. The guy at the shop said they took it apart and put it back together and it didn't help, and I forgot what else he said but he said the biggest problem is that it might just give out on me randomly and could be stranded etc. etc.

they didn't have any allez hubs in their shop and they said I might just need to replace the back wheel, which would be about 130. So I'm gonna call around to other shops to see if they have the allez hub and see what happens.

You don't need the Allez hub. You need a shimano compatible hub with the same spoke count. But you may be better off getting a whole wheel. Replacing the hub and getting the wheel replaced will run a lot more. Especially since paying someone to handduild you a wheel isn't cheap.

took it into the shop that I bought it from and they said that specialized should just be able to replace the whole back wheel because its still under warrant, but its in the shop till specalized ships the new wheel now cuz he said he doesn't feel comfortable with me riding it, but at least I don't have to pay for anything. : )