ashamed of your muscles?

I'm proud of it.

I can't say i'm as musclar as roid_rage ( he looks pretty much perfect to me ) or Rob but hey ... I'm proud of what I have achieved. everyone on here should be proud of her/himself. you're doing something positive!

My self confidence was reaaaaaaaaaaaally low. I had eyecancer so my eyes were really screwed up... (they still are but after cosmetic surgery it looks better ) I lost my eyesight on the left etc... and well I always looked down and felt ugly ever since.

I started working out and gained a lot of weight. I felt better and better. And well I can't thank the gym enough for what it did for me. No one could ever do what the barbells and dumbells did to me...

Thank you bodybuilding.

i'm acctually really proud too. but i'm nowhere as big as you roid rage.

sometimes i think my neck looks stupid cause it's big and i have a fairly small head but other than that i try to show of my muscles as often as i can

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldn't be ashamed of muscles or lack thereof. It's just a body shape. I am ashamed of some things, but they are personal faults and bad decisions I've made. I would not be ashamed of my body.

If anything I would be proud to be strong and in good health. Although I wouldn't use strength to make other, physically weaker people feel bad or inferior.

I'm not muscular myself though. I have been lax with my training lately, but have still developed a lot of strength and endurance just the same.

I'm not ashamed of my muscles but when my flatmates tell out loud that I train I am ashamed because I don't look like a bodybuilder yet and that's why I don't like to show my muscles if people expect me to be huge.

My flatmates do that often and in public.

I'm not ashamed of my muscles but when my flatmates tell out loud that I train I am ashamed because I don't look like a bodybuilder yet and that's why I don't like to show my muscles if people expect me to be huge.

Yeah that happens to me too and I feel that way.

Mostly because when people say bodybuilder they expect you to flex a muscle and this of course is the biceps, my weakest muscle by far. Now if I could hit a lat spread that might be another story, but I think people would look at me strange. LOL

I can't say I have ever been ashamed of my muscles, but they have made me feel akward. Especially when I go eat (I have bulked up alot lately), and I order a veggie burger, and the server responds with, "Really?". It's happened on several occasions, and I have to explain to them not all vegetarians are skinny, it happens more often when I wear tight shirts.

Yeah that happens to me too and I feel that way.

Mostly because when people say bodybuilder they expect you to flex a muscle and this of course is the biceps, my weakest muscle by far. Now if I could hit a lat spread that might be another story, but I think people would look at me strange. LOL

I would never consider myself a bodybuilder, but whenever someone even hears weight lifting, it seems I need to flex a muscle. I'd much rather show off my mutant calves than my biceps, but that's the power of DDR, not weightlifting.

Well it can be anoying from time to time, when people who are just average, or even skinny always comment on you being more muscular than them. But I don't think I've ever been ashamed about being muscular.. maybe sometimes about being too skinny

Most times I don't give a crap about what other people say and I'd recommend that to anyone - since most people also think, avoiding animal products is unhealthy and so on...

ahhh. I have been getting more and more people I work with see me after a couple of weeks and tell me that I am getting big. Last night, someone looked at me and was like how come you are walking like that with your arms stiff and bulging. They said I was just trying to look tough. Yea whatever, jealous, afterwards they said I looked good and they were only messing with me....

If i had muscles then i would be deemed noticeable to the men folk in a sexual manner, this freaked me out so i avoided working out for this reason mostly.

With all due respect, Phillipe, I've seen the photo of you dancing at a rave, and I think big muscles are the least of your worries. But really, this worry of yours was silly and unfair no matter how you looked at it.

Oh, snap!

Well it can be anoying from time to time, when people who are just average, or even skinny always comment on you being more muscular than them. But I don't think I've ever been ashamed about being muscular.. maybe sometimes about being too skinny

Most times I don't give a crap about what other people say and I'd recommend that to anyone - since most people also think, avoiding animal products is unhealthy and so on...

I freaking HATE "gun show" comments. Nobody is selling tickets, seriously.

HI,

This is an interesting question. I sure am not ashamed of my muscles, but when I go home to visit family back in Illinois I am kind of ashamed that I am in such good shape, when the rest of my family is very out of shame.

I know this is not my problem and I offer my help, but won't force it. Just makes me feel like I am the black sheep.

I just make fun of my family...its fair game when they're really careless.

Sweet Potter, we have to smile and laugh at life that is forsure. I am going back home to the St Louis area at the end of the month. Get to spend two weeks there. Mom is already trying to come up with some Vegan dishes. lol How about Vegan Cheese Cake then lol

I'm a little ashamed I am still puny (and have a bit of a belly) as a vegan despite doing tons of bodyweight exercises and eating well. I never mention I train as I will just confirm stereotypes that vegans can't get big.

Maybe I am just not genetically capable.

Sorry guys

From what i remember seitan man you have just started doing bodyweight exercises not that long ago. Especially for bodyweight it is going to take a bit longer to see results. Diet is another factor as well. If you have any questions ask away i am sure that the knowledgeable folks here would be more than happy to give you advice.

I'm a little ashamed I am still puny (and have a bit of a belly) as a vegan despite doing tons of bodyweight exercises and eating well. I never mention I train as I will just confirm stereotypes that vegans can't get big.

Maybe I am just not genetically capable.

Sorry guys

Don't worry...pretty much no one is supposed to be big. If being muscular was something we were supposed to be...we'd all be pretty muscular without training and we'd only get bigger with training.

Thanks guys. My diet is something like this:

Breakfast: Museli with soy milk, banana, spoonful of peanut butter and cup of nettele tea.

Lunch: This varies. Today I had a spinach and chickpea curry over rice. Other days I could have something with lentils or mixed beans. I like tofu too.

Dinner: Veggie burgers with veg.

Dessert: Fruit salad and soy yogurt.

Snacks: Fruit, soy meat sandwich slices and hummus.

I do press ups, chin ups, dips, various ab work such as hanging leg raises and jogging.