My Newest Machine

Guest veganpotter

I ordered this bike in November and I've been waiting past the guaranteed delivery date of Feb. 1st-March 15th. It finally came in yesterday and I built it up and rode it tonight...it was incredible. By far the nicest bike I've ridden and that includes a few $10,000+ bikes we've built over the past few months that I've tested for customers. The bike was incredibly stiff and extremely smooth considering I've got really high pressure racing tires on the wheels. I have my racing wheels on it to break them in but I won't be running those on the bike most of the time which means it'll be an even nicer ride once I get my training wheels on the bike. This bike won't hit the race course...way too expensive to risk crashing. Anyhow...with my normal training wheels on it this bike will be under 14lbs which is actually illegal to race. All I need now is a set of red bottle cages...not sure which ones I'm getting yet.

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/5789/bike1lz3.th.jpg

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/9692/bike2yk4.th.jpg

I wouldn't mind a nice steel bike...I'm trying to get a hold of an old Italian frame before I spend big bucks on a new Italian frame. They hold up really well...other than Titanium...steal and carbon last the longest...aluminum has a sort of shelf life.

As for mileage I'll have 12,000 miles on this bike in a year....2,000+ split between my other bikes...the only ones that'll get any real wear(in terms of the frame) will be my aluminum bikes.

When it comes to the seat I do ride it that high...actually it looks even higher now since I lowered my bars.

As for mileage I'll have 12,000 miles on this bike in a year....2,000+ split between my other bikes...the only ones that'll get any real wear(in terms of the frame) will be my aluminum bikes.

Yeah, I said my father did 7 000 miles in 10 years, but I meant 7 000 per year, so about 70 000 miles in ten years, while he was 45 years old to 55 years old. Then I have it for more than 5 years, I don't know what milage b/c I don't have an odometer but it's not lot, not so many long rides, mostly going to work, 2x5 miles/day, in downtown, almost killing myself everyday trying to avoid accidents with cars. My record is a 75 miles ride and I can't wait this summer to ride where I live now, out of the city, desert roads.

I have 5 bikes with another on order just for racing. All have skinny tires but I'll be building a mountain bike in the fall.

Do you ever race or do you just like riding???

I just like it, gives me the sensation of freedom like driving a convertible on a road surrounded by vast desert or mountains. I don't race, except against myself or if I see another cyclist I like to measure myself against him, eventhough my bike is outmoded compared to the ultralight ones, at least my young age compasente a bit. I should buy a odometer soon so I'll keep a log for this summer.

No touring on this bike...its far too fragile to handle anything but a rider. It scares me to think that this is the stiffest frame on the market...but also the third lightest bike money can buy. You know what that means??? Very very thin carbon fiber. You can put the strongest rider on the planet on this bike and he'll love it...but if you lean it against something too quickly you can crack the frame.

As for the Canadian thing...I love Canadian stuff. Canadians make the best bikes, the best vegan Canadian Bacon(I'm assuming) and the worlds hottest speed skater...Mrs Doan.