My NEW Nutrition Regime

Hey all,

It's been awhile since i've posted anything on this forum, the main reason being that i've been so personally content with my nutrition plan that the need to seek advice has dropped off... substantially. :)

Just thought i'd post a rough breakdown of what an average day of eating is like for me. Anyone who's familiar with my old nutrition plan (http://www.veganbodybuilding.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=8705)will notice a significant change in direction, mainly in two areas:

-No longer taking any supplements (not because i believe they're overly harmful, but just because i believe they're no longer necessary to achieve peak performance and muscle growth while maintaining minimal body fat -- which has always been my main objective).

-No longer consuming any cooked foods (cheating happens, but i firmly believe that the mainstay of my diet makes up for the occasional slip)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

7:00 AM:

-1 oz. goji berries,

-4 fresh medjool dates,

-6 medium sized bananas,

-170g Blueberries (one package, haha)

-Water (enough for a nice, drinkable consistency)

Blended together as a smoothie.

12:00 PM:

Massive salad including things such as:

-mixed organic greens / baby spinach

-cherry/grape tomatoes

-pineapple

-cucumber, celery

-raw walnuts/pecans

-dried cranberries/goji berries

-whatever mainly organic dressing is available, usually some sort of vinaigrette. (Annie's naturals makes a papaya poppyseed dressing that's great taste-wise, although health-wise a home made dressing would probably still be better)

4:30 PM:

-1 oz. goji berries,

-2 fresh medjool dates,

-3 medium sized bananas,

-227g Strawberries (one package)

5:00 PM:

-15 minutes running,

-1 hour weight lifting routine

6:30 PM:

-1 oz. goji berries,

-4 fresh medjool dates,

-6 medium sized bananas,

-170g Raspberries (again, one package)

8:30 PM:

-1 pineapple

or

-2/3 mangoes

or

-any other kind of fruit, enough to fill me up.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Totals for fruit only:

Calories: ~3332

Protein: ~48g

Sodium: ~80mg

Carbohydrates: ~864g

Dietary Fiber: ~111g

Sugars: ~564g

Vitamin A: 870%

Vitamin C: 1032%

Calcium: 81%

Iron: 118%

Currently I weigh ~160lbs.

(% values based on a 3000 calorie diet)

92% calories from carbs

3% calories from fats

5% calories from protein

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As you can see, it's an extremely simple diet... based on what nature intended us to eat -- fruit! Most of my daily fat comes from the dressing on my salad at lunch, or nuts (which i occasionally add to my salad).

There is an IMMEDIATELY apparent 'lack' of protein. Anyone who finds this lack of protein to be bizarre for someone who's training to gain muscle should really read the 80 10 10 book by Douglas Graham, in which he explains why not only are excessive amounts of protein/fat not necessary; they're actually counterproductive.

I'm not going to explain the reasoning behind this, as I think that certain health professionals such as Dr. Graham can explain it more eloquently than myself, but for what it's worth i've never felt, looked, or performed anywhere near the level at which i do since adopting this diet. I'm gaining muscle faster, have lost all the body fat i could've ever hoped for (and then some), and am energetic and happy throughout the entire course of the day. There are so many other little personal health changes that i've noticed (all of which have been for the better) that i'd feel silly listing them all.

I've been doing this for at least the last 3-4 months, and will never look back.

If anyone is interested, i'll post some before/after pictures of me from when I was on a more standard vegan diet, and some more recent ones now that I'm on a completely raw vegan fruit-based diet.

Any comments/criticisms are appreciated! ;)

Oh, and btw I'm currently training boxing, and beginning Muay Thai / BJJ classes next week. I can't wait to go lay the vegan smackdown, LOL. I'll keep you all posted on how things go.

Edited by TheLeetOne

Looks good.

I'm progressing towards something like that for this summer, lots of fruits and greens. First I stop cooking, I sprout alfalfa, mung beans, fenugreek and grains like quinoa.

Then I'll reduce more and more grains, nuts and seeds, and add even more fruits.

Like you said, people may find your diet lacks proteins. Maybe they're right, maybe not. I'd say a minimum is 30 grams of complete proteins per day, I wouldn't go under that, except for a day or two. But if I'm training hard, maybe 60 grams. Never more than 100 grams. My weight is 60 kg.

Look gorillas, rhinoceros, horses and elephants are massive and muscular, considering what they eat, that's a proof greens and fruits are powerful foods.

Anyone who finds this lack of protein to be bizarre for someone who's training to gain muscle should really read the 80 10 10 book by Douglas Graham, in which he explains why not only are excessive amounts of protein/fat not necessary; they're actually counterproductive.

So, one man saying protein is counter-productive is enough in your eyes? What about all the real solid scientific evidence that shows the opposite of what graham says?

Oh, and did you ever notice that graham is SKINNY?

Anyone who finds this lack of protein to be bizarre for someone who's training to gain muscle should really read the 80 10 10 book by Douglas Graham, in which he explains why not only are excessive amounts of protein/fat not necessary; they're actually counterproductive.

So, one man saying protein is counter-productive is enough in your eyes? What about all the real solid scientific evidence that shows the opposite of what graham says?

That's becasue he eats mostly fruits. I don't get why someone would do that. That's one of the main reason people that go to a raw food diet have teeth problems. I don't see how it's even possible to have a 80/10/10 diet becasue most good foods have more than 10 percent protein.

There's two sides of the coin that are absolutely insane. You have the typical body builders that give nutrition advice and they recommend upwards of 2 grams of protein per pound body weight. So for the average sized person that's 340 grams a day. and if your a big guy like Ronnie Coleman he's getting like close to 500 grams.

Then you have the 120 pound weekling that says you only need 20 grams a day mean while he looks like he was in a consintration champ. If your getting enough calores and eatting a good overall raw food diet it's about impossible to be low on protein. That said if your eatting all fruit your more than likely going to run into some probelms down the road

... Douglas Graham, in which he explains why not only are excessive amounts of protein/fat not necessary; they're actually counterproductive.

I think you missed an important part of his statement.

He did not say protein is counter-productive.

He said "excessive amounts of" protein

There's two sides of the coin that are absolutely insane. You have the typical body builders that give nutrition advice and they recommend upwards of 2 grams of protein per pound body weight. So for the average sized person that's 340 grams a day. and if your a big guy like Ronnie Coleman he's getting like close to 500 grams.

Then you have the 120 pound weekling that says you only need 20 grams a day mean while he looks like he was in a consintration champ. If your getting enough calores and eatting a good overall raw food diet it's about impossible to be low on protein. That said if your eatting all fruit your more than likely going to run into some probelms down the road

Thank you for being reasonable. Good post.

I also agree that there is a healthy balance, lots of people are excessive about it.

I also agree that there is a healthy balance, lots of people are excessive about it.

I personally get more protein that i probably need, but i feel like it's better to have too much than to little. I'm not a very big guy and not very strong and i get around 150 grams a day. I get turned off as much as the next guy when a so called Raw guru that looks like shit is saying you need 20 grams of protein and you don't need weights, but just sitting out in the woods doing gentle yoga. Just like any type of diet to get stronger you must break down your muscles with physical exercise and build them up with amino acids

I personally get more protein that i probably need, but i feel like it's better to have too much than to little. I'm not a very big guy and not very strong and i get around 150 grams a day. I get turned off as much as the next guy when a so called Raw guru that looks like shit is saying you need 20 grams of protein and you don't need weights, but just sitting out in the woods doing gentle yoga. Just like any type of diet to get stronger you must break down your muscles with physical exercise and build them up with amino acids

I am glad to read that. Good on you man, I know you can do it on raw, it's just about getting enough nutrition.

Good post.

I totally hear where you're coming from, and it's important to note that I originally had the same thoughts on protein as you -- that it's important to make sure I get as much as my body needs. It's also important to note that I wouldn't be here posting my diet plan just because 'one man' is saying that excessive amounts of protein were counterproductive. If I wasn't getting great results (I just want to share what works for me!) I'd be Dr. Graham's biggest skeptic. Currently, with the above posted diet or something similar I take in 60-75g of raw protein per day... almost all of it coming from the fruit!

It's a fact (in my experience, at least) that if you're only eating enough calories to healthily sustain yourself, and you're eating almost entirely fruit, you WILL be skinny. What do we do when we want to gain weight on any nutrition plan, though? We eat more. Eating more, however, can put extra stress on your body... (particularly if this extra food is high protein or fat!) so when eating more with the goal being to gain muscle, it's ideal that this extra food you're eating is easily digestible, and highly nutritious (read: fruit).

All things considered, taking in 60-75g of high quality protein a day while keeping my system clean and alkaline, I don't find it surprising at all that I'm experiencing faster, easier gains (now that I've increased my caloric intake to allow for weight gain) than I previously had thought would be possible for me. If my own body is responding in such an obviously positive way, that's all the scientific evidence I need (not that I haven't also thoroughly researched the subject before venturing down this path).

I'm not here to try to convince people, though! I just felt driven to express how beneficial I've found a fruit-based diet to be.

Oh, and Dr. Graham isn't a bodybuilder -- he likes being skinny ;)

That's becasue he eats mostly fruits. I don't get why someone would do that. That's one of the main reason people that go to a raw food diet have teeth problems. I don't see how it's even possible to have a 80/10/10 diet becasue most good foods have more than 10 percent protein.

People that go to a raw food diet have teeth problems? My dentist won't stop badgering me about how well taken-care of my teeth are for someone who refuses to floss.

And what kind of good foods are you talking about? The best food for human consumption really IS fruit, and it's protein content is usually less than 10%, so I'm not sure why you'd question if 80/10/10 is possible.

Looks good.

I'm progressing towards something like that for this summer, lots of fruits and greens. First I stop cooking, I sprout alfalfa, mung beans, fenugreek and grains like quinoa.

Then I'll reduce more and more grains, nuts and seeds, and add even more fruits.

Like you said, people may find your diet lacks proteins. Maybe they're right, maybe not. I'd say a minimum is 30 grams of complete proteins per day, I wouldn't go under that, except for a day or two. But if I'm training hard, maybe 60 grams. Never more than 100 grams. My weight is 60 kg.

Look gorillas, rhinoceros, horses and elephants are massive and muscular, considering what they eat, that's a proof greens and fruits are powerful foods.

Yeah, I hear a lot of people tell me that they'd probably only try a diet like that in the summer, as it makes more sense for many reasons (produce being more readily and locally available, not needing the extra heat generated by hard to digest cooked foods to stay warm, etc).

I like the sound of your plan, and I also like knowing that i'm getting 60+ grams of protein (I weigh ~160lbs currently) when I'm training hard (and I'm always training hard). I never would've thought, until I decided to write it all down and do the math, that I'd be getting those 60+ grams/day easily from fruit though! :)

I totally hear where you're coming from, and it's important to note that I originally had the same thoughts on protein as you -- that it's important to make sure I get as much as my body needs. It's also important to note that I wouldn't be here posting my diet plan just because 'one man' is saying that excessive amounts of protein were counterproductive. If I wasn't getting great results (I just want to share what works for me!) I'd be Dr. Graham's biggest skeptic. Currently, with the above posted diet or something similar I take in 60-75g of raw protein per day... almost all of it coming from the fruit!

It's a fact (in my experience, at least) that if you're only eating enough calories to healthily sustain yourself, and you're eating almost entirely fruit, you WILL be skinny. What do we do when we want to gain weight on any nutrition plan, though? We eat more. Eating more, however, can put extra stress on your body... (particularly if this extra food is high protein or fat!) so when eating more with the goal being to gain muscle, it's ideal that this extra food you're eating is easily digestible, and highly nutritious (read: fruit).

All things considered, taking in 60-75g of high quality protein a day while keeping my system clean and alkaline, I don't find it surprising at all that I'm experiencing faster, easier gains (now that I've increased my caloric intake to allow for weight gain) than I previously had thought would be possible for me. If my own body is responding in such an obviously positive way, that's all the scientific evidence I need (not that I haven't also thoroughly researched the subject before venturing down this path).

I'm not here to try to convince people, though! I just felt driven to express how beneficial I've found a fruit-based diet to be.

Oh, and Dr. Graham isn't a bodybuilder -- he likes being skinny

People that go to a raw food diet have teeth problems? My dentist won't stop badgering me about how well taken-care of my teeth are for someone who refuses to floss.

And what kind of good foods are you talking about? The best food for human consumption really IS fruit, and it's protein content is usually less than 10%, so I'm not sure why you'd question if 80/10/10 is possible.

It's impossible to have a good internal PH eatting a mostly fruit diet. All fruit is slighy acidic to pretty heavy acidic even though some so called experts say other wise

It's impossible to have a good internal PH eatting a mostly fruit diet. All fruit is slighy acidic to pretty heavy acidic even though some so called experts say other wise

Actually I think you're getting confused by the fact that fruit in it's undigested, out of the body state may be acidic.

The minerals present in (most) fruits are mainly alkaline, and the digestion of the vast majority of fruit is actually a process that results in an alkaline state inside the body.

Here's one list of alkalizing/acidic foods:

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/acidalkfoods.html

and another site explaining things a little more:

http://www.chimachine4u.com/AA.html

Those are just the first two results I get from google when searching 'fruit alkaline body'... they weren't selected in any sort of a personally biased manner.

Edited by TheLeetOne

Actually I think you're getting confused by the fact that fruit in it's undigested, out of the body state may be acidic.

The minerals present in (most) fruits are mainly alkaline, and the digestion of the vast majority of fruit is actually a process that results in an alkaline state inside the body.

Here's one list of alkalizing/acidic foods:

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/acidalkfoods.html

and another site explaining things a little more:

http://www.chimachine4u.com/AA.html

Those are just the first two results I get from google when searching 'fruit alkaline body'... they weren't selected in any sort of a personally biased manner.

In conclusion: you're very misinformed.

I used to follow lists by different people and every list is different then i found out the truth and the truth is the only Alkaline foods are green leafy veggies and grasses and algae's. I was on a all raw food diet for about 3 months straight and at the time i eat mostly fruit that was considered alkaline. I had my PH professionally tested and it came back as 6.2 which is terriable since you need to be around 7.4. Since then i've been eatting all raw, but mostly greens and watching my sugar intake and my PH is around 7.0. For a good healthy body you need to limit sugar intake and have alot of greens in the diet.

btw your more than likely going to run into some major problems down the road eatting 564 grams of sugar every day. I used to be of the similar mindset that since i was a raw foodist and the sugar was raw natural sugar that it was fine to eat as much sugar as i wanted. I was getting less than that, but still alot and i got to a pre diabetic state and if i would've have continued i would have had it full blown. Not to mention the Candida problems i developed eatting so much sugar. This is exactly why so many raw foodist develope major problems like serious dental problems.

btw your more than likely going to run into some major problems down the road eatting 564 grams of sugar every day. I used to be of the similar mindset that since i was a raw foodist and the sugar was raw natural sugar that it was fine to eat as much sugar as i wanted. I was getting less than that, but still alot and i got to a pre diabetic state and if i would've have continued i would have had it full blown. Not to mention the Candida problems i developed eatting so much sugar. This is exactly why so many raw foodist develope major problems like serious dental problems.

Consuming 564 grams of sugar from whole fruit is completely different than consuming 564g of other sugars that can still be labelled 'raw natural sugar'. Even if sugar is extracted from fruit, it's substantially different than actually eating whole fruit itself.

One thing you seem to be missing on the sugar debate, is the fact that I'm also getting an immense amount of fiber along WITH the sugar, which helps to regulate the release of that sugar. One reason that some raw foodists run into issues with sugar is that they don't consume WHOLE fruits, they believe that juices are also similarly 'healthy' -- the problem being is that most of the fiber has been removed from the juice, leaving a product with a high glycemic index as the end result.

Another MAJOR reason that raw foodists run into trouble with blood sugar is their fat intake (which often is actually just as high, or higher than someone on the S.A.D). Fat inhibits the proper absorption of the sugar, causing it to stay in the bloodstream longer, which leads to many different health issues (including candida). Raw food diets often tend to heavily rely on oils, nuts, and seeds which range anywhere from 35-100% calories from fat.

If someone is consuming whole fruit, and keeping their fat intake low (my idea of low is probably much lower than what most would consider low), they will have zero issues with properly assimilating the sugar from as much fruit as they can eat. :)

How did you find out 'the truth' that the 'only' alkaline foods are green leafy veggies? I agree with you that the lists of acidic/alkalizing foods all vary, but I think your statement is a little far fetched.

It's true that greens are important, and that limiting certain kinds of sugar intake is also important. The sugar obtained from whole, fresh fruit is what our body is designed to run on, however, and it would be extremely difficult to ever get too much of it from a whole fruit source (as long as the rest of your diet/lifestyle is healthy enough to allow for the proper absorption of it).

I really don't understand your concern with dental issues. My personal experience has been that my dentist actually comments on how my mouth seems even healthier and better taken care of than it did the last time he saw me (the only significant change I'd made since my last appointment that might have an effect on oral health had been my diet). This is a far cry from 'serious dental problems' although I really have only been on this diet for 6 months or so, so we'll see! :)

Consuming 564 grams of sugar from whole fruit is completely different than consuming 564g of other sugars that can still be labelled 'raw natural sugar'. Even if sugar is extracted from fruit, it's substantially different than actually eating whole fruit itself.

Couture I believe meant that it was "natural sugar" as in fruit, not refined "raw" sugar.

And you should listen, Couture has already experienced this...

Couture I believe meant that it was "natural sugar" as in fruit, not refined "raw" sugar.

Believe me, I'm listening.

My method of getting information out of people is a little strange, as I usually prefer to debate one side of an issue to get them to stand up and teach me about their side. That's just how I learn. :)

One could still call sugar that was extracted from fruit 'natural sugar' though, and consuming it would have an entirely different effect than consuming the whole fruit itself.

You're right; if someone's already gone through this I should listen to what they've experienced...

so Couture:

how long were you on a fruit based diet?

what other foods did that diet consist of?

did you eat all of your fruits whole (the edible portion, at least)?

what was your diet like before switching to a fruit based one?

Also, there are many different methods to test the body's alkalinity, which will all provide different numbers. Do you know which method of alkalinity test you had done?

Believe me, I'm listening.

My method of getting information out of people is a little strange, as I usually prefer to debate one side of an issue to get them to stand up and teach me about their side. That's just how I learn.

One could still call sugar that was extracted from fruit 'natural sugar' though, and consuming it would have an entirely different effect than consuming the whole fruit itself.

You're right; if someone's already gone through this I should listen to what they've experienced...

so Couture:

how long were you on a fruit based diet?

what other foods did that diet consist of?

did you eat all of your fruits whole (the edible portion, at least)?

what was your diet like before switching to a fruit based one?

Also, there are many different methods to test the body's alkalinity, which will all provide different numbers. Do you know which method of alkalinity test you had done?

This is frustrating, I typed a really long response but it didn't work. So a quick summary of what i wrote.

Before i learned about health 3 years ago i was a SAD eatter

Then leaned about PH and eat mostly green Veggies with lean meats becasue at the time i thought Protein had to come from animals

Then i started to read about the raw food diet and was all about eatting fruit. Goji berries were a big part of my diet becasue i found out they were a compete protein so i eat a ton of those to make sure i got a enough protein. Which was a horriable idea becasue they have 14 grams of sugar for 4 grams of protein

Around this time i was feeling very bad and bought into the whole it must be detox theory becasue that's the average reponse to every thing form the average raw foodist. If your teeth are falling out and you have horriable energy it must be Detox LOL

So i looked for a raw food person that could help me becasue i was convinced it was the right thing to do. I found a lady that has been eatting all raw for 10+ years and has working with alot of raw foodist and Non raw foodist to get healthy. She used about 5 or so different lab tests and some thing called live blood analisis. My blood was absolutely horriable for my age(20 at the time) She said they she's seen worse, but not people that didn't have a serious illness. I had very little Oxygen in the Blood(Low Ph) Horriable Candida, and a host of over probelms. Also i forget what the lap test it was, but it showed i was about to become a diabetic and my PH was 6.2-6.4 somewere in that range. Long story shorter i changed my raw food diet to mainly greens, more protein form low sugar sources and very little fruit and now i feel 10 times better. I do grappling and boxing and my Cardio is 10 times better and my weight is at a much healtier level. I'm 170 now and was around 145 when eatting mainly fruits which is was way under weight for someone that's 6 foot tall.

Another thing you most factor in when coming up with a diet is your activity level. I'll assume since your on this forum that you train for some thing or at least exercise alot. Every activity you do from weight lifting to running brings stress and acidity to the body. The harder you train the more stress(acid) you bring into your system. So you must overcompensate with even more highly alkaline foods. There is no fruit that is highly alkaline. Some might be slightly alklaine to very acidic. Sugar is another stressor to the body. Goji Juice for example has a ph of around 3 which is another the same as a average beer. Not sure how much higher the actual berry is, but still way to low. The most Alkaline Fruits are the fruits with the lowest sugar content/ highest alkaline mineral content. Fruits now days have 50 times more sugar and much lower mineral content than they did along time ago, so even if humans were first supposed to consume alot of fruit like some raw foodist claim things have changed in the quality of the food, so you must take than into account.

One of the biggest things i've noticed athleticly to limiting sugar and raising alkaline greens is that my Cardio is much better and my muscles recover way faster. Even after a extremely hard workout that would've taken 4 days to recover from i'm good to go after a day or two.

This is exactly why so many raw foodist develope major problems like serious dental problems.

Only if their mothers never taught them how to brush properly after every meal. And as well if they couldn't afford to go to the dentist twice a year.

This is exactly why so many raw foodist develope major problems like serious dental problems.

Only if their mothers never taught them how to brush properly after every meal. And as well if they couldn't afford to go to the dentist twice a year.

A good percentage of having good teeth is what you eat. Teeth are just like bones in that acids and sugars pull alkaline minerals out of them. ALot of people brush perfect and go to the dentist and still have to get alot of work done and have problems like cavities.

...Around this time i was feeling very bad and bought into the whole it must be detox theory becasue that's the average reponse to every thing form the average raw foodist. If your teeth are falling out and you have horriable energy it must be Detox LOL...

Another thing you most factor in when coming up with a diet is your activity level. I'll assume since your on this forum that you train for some thing or at least exercise alot. Every activity you do from weight lifting to running brings stress and acidity to the body. The harder you train the more stress(acid) you bring into your system. So you must overcompensate with even more highly alkaline foods. There is no fruit that is highly alkaline. Some might be slightly alklaine to very acidic. Sugar is another stressor to the body. Goji Juice for example has a ph of around 3 which is another the same as a average beer. Not sure how much higher the actual berry is, but still way to low. The most Alkaline Fruits are the fruits with the lowest sugar content/ highest alkaline mineral content. Fruits now days have 50 times more sugar and much lower mineral content than they did along time ago, so even if humans were first supposed to consume alot of fruit like some raw foodist claim things have changed in the quality of the food, so you must take than into account.

One of the biggest things i've noticed athleticly to limiting sugar and raising alkaline greens is that my Cardio is much better and my muscles recover way faster. Even after a extremely hard workout that would've taken 4 days to recover from i'm good to go after a day or two.

Thanks for the response, Couture.

Yes, I do exercise a lot (running, and weight training). I also snowboard (although the season just ended), train for competitive Muay Thai kickboxing, and boxing. It's pretty safe to say that my activity level is very high, and you are correct in stating that this activity level will cause acidity within my system.

What's strange is that we're having such polar opposite reactions to the fruit based diet. You seem to have fallen apart on it, whereas I'm thriving (no pun intended) on it. Maybe it comes down to different body types? More likely, I believe that we must have gone about our fruit based diets differently.

How long were you on the diet before you started to experience these symptoms? I've been doing this for almost 6 months, so I'd almost expect to be seeing at least ONE negative symptom by now if there were going to be any.

I don't believe you're right about not being able to maintain an alkaline ph with a high activity level, while consuming a fruit-based raw vegan diet. Most fruits have an alkalizing effect on the body, and the greens I get in my daily massive salad even more so. I highly doubt that there's any sustainable diet out there that would have a much more alkalizing effect on the body.

Alkaline minerals don't get pulled out of your teeth by sugars and acids (as far as I know), they get pulled out of all of your bones and teeth by your body's internal systems when alkaline minerals are in short supply elsewhere in the body.

Simple carbohydrates (the most healthful of which I believe is sugar obtained from eating whole, fresh, organic fruit) are the primary source of fuel for your body (and mind). While I agree with you that limiting the intake of other sugars is necessary, limiting yourself of your body's primary fuel source does not seem like a smart, or healthy, idea.

...Around this time i was feeling very bad and bought into the whole it must be detox theory becasue that's the average reponse to every thing form the average raw foodist. If your teeth are falling out and you have horriable energy it must be Detox LOL...

Thanks for the response, Couture.

Yes, I do exercise a lot (running, and weight training). I also snowboard (although the season just ended), train for competitive Muay Thai kickboxing, and boxing. It's pretty safe to say that my activity level is very high, and you are correct in stating that this activity level will cause acidity within my system.

What's strange is that we're having such polar opposite reactions to the fruit based diet. You seem to have fallen apart on it, whereas I'm thriving (no pun intended) on it. Maybe it comes down to different body types? More likely, I believe that we must have gone about our fruit based diets differently.

How long were you on the diet before you started to experience these symptoms? I've been doing this for almost 6 months, so I'd almost expect to be seeing at least ONE negative symptom by now if there were going to be any.

I don't believe you're right about not being able to maintain an alkaline ph with a high activity level, while consuming a fruit-based raw vegan diet. Most fruits have an alkalizing effect on the body, and the greens I get in my daily massive salad even more so. I highly doubt that there's any sustainable diet out there that would have a much more alkalizing effect on the body.

Alkaline minerals don't get pulled out of your teeth by sugars and acids (as far as I know), they get pulled out of all of your bones and teeth by your body's internal systems when alkaline minerals are in short supply elsewhere in the body.

Simple carbohydrates (the most healthful of which I believe is sugar obtained from eating whole, fresh, organic fruit) are the primary source of fuel for your body (and mind). While I agree with you that limiting the intake of other sugars is necessary, limiting yourself of your body's primary fuel source does not seem like a smart, or healthy, idea.

That's cool you do Muay Thai. I train in Muay Thai, boxing, BJJ. Everyone is a bit different in what they need. I know what has worked for me and my friend and also i have a similar view on healing as the Hopocrties institute in West palm beach. They have been around for like 40 years and have cured thousands and thousands of people.

You might be Thriving now, but who knows maybe it will catch up with you later or it could be that it's so much better than your pervious diet. Wether the mostly fruit diet is the best for you or not, at least your a step up from most people.