Work sucks

JW

I came ever sooooo close to just quitting on the spot today

I feel so unfulfilled at my job. You work long hours, making money for a big corporation which ultimately views you as an interchangeable part.

I've just had it!

It's been brewing for months but now it's almost unbearable.

If it wasn't for the family obligations, I'd definitely walk now.

Sorry about your work situation. I won't give any suggestions, advice, etc. but hope for the best for you, whatever that is.

Not to take anything away from your situation.....but I don't think it is that "unique." Again, no offense, but I think that is just how more than 50% of us are with work. We'd love to just quit and would, if it weren't for some reason, mostly financial issues, family, concern about finding another job quickly, etc.

I think it is unfortunate, but also very common to be unsatisfied with work.

All the best to you my friend!

That sucks, man!!! I'm sorry to hear about that.

It's funny; I was complaining about my job to an older friend of mine who's been one of those "Horatio Algers" types. He told me that he used to get so angry about his job that he would come home and hit his punching bag until his arms couldn't move, lose sleep, etc. One day, he realized that he was wasting precious energy and time on things that were out of his control. He said, and this is easier said than done, that what worked for him was to start finding something he could change and focusing his energy on that. He ended up becoming a very successful business-owner because of this change in perspective. So, maybe your work situation is only a temporary bad time on the way to you becoming a millionaire .

I hope your situation gets better for you. It's always a bummer when cool people are in uncool situations. You rock, JW. Don't let the man bring you down .

Mike

I say work at a bike shop. Great discounts and Canadians get free healthcare anyway so its worth the pay cut...plus bike shops are notorious for having hot customers.

What do you do JW?

I'm a controller at a foodservice provider.

( yes... a beancounter)

I reaaalllly don't like it anymore.

Life is just too short to slave away at something you hate. The biggest obstacle would be taking a pay cut while embarking on a new career.

I still have the bills to pay.

thanks for the notes everyone!

p.s. I still feel like quitting right now

Luckily, as I still live with my parents, I was able to quit my job the first time my boss ever gave me shit, I didn't need to be talked to like that so I quit that week. Since then (a long time ago!) I have been trying to find a job that is actually useful in helping people / animals, or is fulfilling. But I have continually failed to locate a job like that, just been getting one-off design jobs where I can. The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to have to just get a shitty job like everyone else, if I ever want to move out.

What do you do JW?

( yes... a beancounter)

Life is just too short to slave away at something you hate. The biggest obstacle would be taking a pay cut while embarking on a new career.

What's a bean counter?

What do you do JW?

( yes... a beancounter)

What's a bean counter?

an accountant by training.

I think the term beancounter refers to the pre-calculator days

That seems alright ! Why do you really dread going to work. You said long hrs and you don't dig working for a big corporation. But there must be something else along with that.

Perhaps it's time for a change.

Work is hard. And it does suck sometimes. I'm really sorry you have to go through that !

Keep your head up !

That seems alright ! Why do you really dread going to work. You said long hrs and you don't dig working for a big corporation. But there must be something else along with that.

Perhaps it's time for a change.

Work is hard. And it does suck sometimes. I'm really sorry you have to go through that !

Keep your head up !

I've been doing the same type of work for many years and truth be told, I don't really like it. It's not that I don't like to work, I just don't feel fulfilled by what I'm doing.

I definitely need a change.

thanks for the support!

Since you're a numbers guy, maybe you should start up a peanut butter distributing business. You could find fulfillment in knowing that you're bringing delicious peanut butter to the masses.

that would definitely work!

I'll have to get veganpotter to ramp up the production though

I don't think it would be hard for you to find work

You seem like you're heading in the right direction !

Have you thought about doing something to take it off your mind? Until you know what you want.

Like coaching soccer?

Or move to Costa Rica, eat raw, climb things and hang out in the sun?

imagine the possibilities...... a vegan commune where we can all train every day, post on VBBF all day, eat peanut butter all day........

and all in the sun!!!!!

I hear Costa Rica is just beautiful.

I've been to Mexico a number of times but haven't made the trip there yet.

LOL, I have actually BEEN to a vegan commune in Costa Rica. Okay it was more of a backpacker's retreat than a commune. But it was definitely vegan.

I spent five months in Costa Rica and I loved it. I've been wanting to go back for a long time, and was thinking of going this November or December. If anyone is interested in a mini vegan vacation (rainforest edition) I would be happy to step up as organizer.

http://www.wildnatureimages.com/ManuelAntonioPhotos.htm

LOL, I have actually BEEN to a vegan commune in Costa Rica. Okay it was more of a backpacker's retreat than a commune. But it was definitely vegan.

I spent five months in Costa Rica and I loved it. I've been wanting to go back for a long time, and was thinking of going this November or December. If anyone is interested in a mini vegan vacation (rainforest edition) I would be happy to step up as organizer.

http://www.wildnatureimages.com/ManuelAntonioPhotos.htm

Darn it!

another great idea has been taken

Costa Rica looks sooo amazing!