FOOD COMBINING (Please don't delete)

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hope it wont be now

what do you guys think how important are grains? if I eat some veggie burgers, and on time a day an otmeal that would be ok? because today I made a mix from seeds and green leafy stuff, and drinked it and I hat tons of energy and I think I gonna drink a bit after some other veggies

I just posted a response on ChaserHun's thread when i read what happened to tell him that every1 is workin hard and i don't think it was me and on behalf of all we're sorry it somehow got deleted and immediately after i posted that, the thread got deleted again...

Careful all!

Presumably it got deleted by a mod who was getting rid of the spam? Check your targets people!

ahah food combining is a subject of predilection for me, thanks Lean & Green for opening it again. Too bad we lost all the previous posts, it was becoming a mine of infos from different opinions, which is a good thing for such a controversial subject.

Today I ate some tofu cubes cooked with mung beans sprouts. Usually I feel good after this, but I was still hungry so I ate a sort of salad made of some more tofu, with tomatoes and cabbage. Guess what, I felt the worst pain in my stomach since more than a year. It was completely blocked, jammed, stucked, I don't know which is the best word. But it's like the digestion was freezed or going really really slow. Like if my stomach was the battlefield for a war between the tofu and the other things, throwing bombs at themselves.

It was like that for 4 hours then I decided to eat something (chilli and lime soy crisps) to see what would happen. It kind of relieved the pain, like some sort of a magic pill.

So those saying there's no good or bad food combining, how do you explain these kind of pains and farts and internal odours and all other occasional problems ?

It's ok to believe in insufficient acidity or too much acidity and other problems like that, but food combining doesn't exist and it's all imaginary?

Don't you guys have lot of gas if you eat loads of nuts and seeds? because yesterday I did and I was blown away

why do we have to drink vegetable juice 30 minutes before a meal? because it would be good in the morning as an energy bomb, but I maximum have 15 minutes

Dude, today I went out for dinner before a concert and I had some noodles, veggies (mostly raw but were heated up) and some deep friend tofu (omg yum) and a couple pieces of agedashi tofu and I had some awful gas pains all night long. I came home and took a probiotic capsule and felt soo much better.

I'm taking them everyday now, but on a late night like tonight, I sometimes forget.

Don't you guys have lot of gas if you eat loads of nuts and seeds? because yesterday I did and I was blown away

why do we have to drink vegetable juice 30 minutes before a meal? because it would be good in the morning as an energy bomb, but I maximum have 15 minutes

Why always this fear you're not eating enough? If it's only because you don't gain fat, that's normal for ectomorph people. It's almost impossible not eating enough calories with energetic foods such as avocados, veg.oil, bananas, figs, dates and other dried fruits, almond or peanut butter and other nuts and seeds. Plus, if you wanna cook, yams and potatoes, rice, other grains or pastas, beans, bread... plus all vegan fast-food.

You have gas eating seeds and nuts alone or mix with other foods ? It happened to me one time when I was eating nuts with nothing else, that's because when I bought the nuts they were not in their shells. This means it became a bit rotten and toxic, only by the contact with air and light. Samething with vegetal oils. Keep in the dark.

The 30 minutes before a meal for drinking fruit or green juice is simply the time required to digest.

Why you have 15 minutes max ? Wake up earlier ; )

I've combined some unusual foods in my days( Both in my Pre and Post Veganism )

Vanilla Ice Cream topped with an Onion Piece

Pizza sauce with Cinnamon

And Many More to Come

I want to Bake a Tofu chunk in an oven dish filled with various things. Orange Juice, Apple juice, Cinnamon sprinkle, A pinch of Salt, A pinch of Pepper, Cayene Pepper, Spinach, Tomatoes and a few hot spices all turned into a potent concoction. I usually like to experiment.

I've combined some unusual foods in my days( Both in my Pre and Post Veganism )

Vanilla Ice Cream topped with an Onion Piece

Pizza sauce with Cinnamon

And Many More to Come

I never done strange combinations with food, except maybe some sandwiches with peanut butter, Dijon mustard and alfalfa sprouts. I don't find this strange and it tasted good but some people said it was bizarre.

But I've seen some people doing some nasty mix, like eating a sandwich and soup at the same time than a donut. The girl said it's because after tasting something with salt she desires something with sugar, then salt, the sugar, and so on.

It equals putting sugar on lettuce or on meat, or putting meat or mayonnaise on top of a donut.

I've seen some stuff more ing but I forgot, I'll try to remember and post.

That reminds me of my days in High School. After plays we'd all go to Deny's and whip up weird drink concoctions of whatever we could find( Stuff like hot sauce, salt, pepper, syrup, Paper) And all the new Freshman would drink it. It was a tradition. Kinda like College Hazing ( Well without the nasty and sometimes bloody side effects )

As for the weirdest sandwich I ever made. It consisted of two slices of white bread, Captain Crunch filling topped with Pixie Sticks.

Bonus Points if you can guess my inspiration for such a dish

• 2 weeks later...

It wouldn't be bad, ChaserHun.

I wanted to talk about a good thing on eating according to the rules of food combining... If we don't do it for ourselves, maybe we can do it for the planet... let me explain.

Human is the only animal who mix many stuff together, making recipes, etc, making bad mixes... and human is the only animal who need to wipe his ass after shitting! using paper. And domesticated animals, eating like humans (we feed cats, dogs, farm animals with a mix of proteins and grains) also need to clean their ass, they do it with their tongues! Using toilet paper is not natural because natural shit don't stain, it's "clean" and odorless. When I eat perfectly, it takes me 2 seconds to go to toilet. But if I do just ONE bad mix, it scraps everything inside for like 3 days.

What I mean is : on a global scale, more than 7 billion asses, twice a day, that's a lot of paper -- a lot of trees.

So if everybody would eat with the good combining food rules, how many forests would be save ?

Maybe you're losing your sense of smell. If you only ate one food for the rest of your life your poop will stills smell...its full of bacteria and it should be that way. Nobody had yummy or even scentless crap...you may think so but you don't.

Maybe you're losing your sense of smell. If you only ate one food for the rest of your life your poop will stills smell...its full of bacteria and it should be that way. Nobody had yummy or even scentless crap...you may think so but you don't.

I don't think it's true. Why would there be necessarily bad bacterias ? Healthy persons have more good bacterias, which neutralize bad odors and don't cause excess of putrefaction.

If you're right, then how do you explain that some people's poop smell more than others ? So, wouldn't be impossible that it smells almost nothing, or at least not so bad ?

From where do you get that idea that even animals in wilderness have stinky poops? The odour would attract predators and they would eat their own poops just to save their life. Maybe there's some animals that stink, perhaps carnivores that eat rotten corpses and never eat fibers. Eventhough they digest and rejects meat in only 2 hours, it should start to smell really bad, but maybe not, because they have powerful enzymes and good bacterias to neutralize all this.

I don't think it's true. Why would there be necessarily bad bacterias ? Healthy persons have more good bacterias, which neutralize bad odors and don't cause excess of putrefaction.

If you're right, then how do you explain that some people's poop smell more than others ? So, wouldn't be impossible that it smells almost nothing, or at least not so bad ?

From where do you get that idea that even animals in wilderness have stinky poops? The odour would attract predators and they would eat their own poops just to save their life. Maybe there's some animals that stink, perhaps carnivores that eat rotten corpses and never eat fibers. Eventhough they digest and rejects meat in only 2 hours, it should start to smell really bad, but maybe not, because they have powerful enzymes and good bacterias to neutralize all this.

If your poop is bad bacteria free I invite you to eat it...or find a fellow vegan thats does "proper" food combing and eat his poo. Trust me...you're poo isn't scentless...you just get used to how it smells. As for animals not having smelly poop your strongly mistaken. Deer pee and poo smells terrible and you'd think it would attract predators...but they're very far away from anything once they relieve themselves(or at least they can be). Of all things...I can't believe I'm in an argument about whether poo should stink or not. This is rediculous...poo is poo...poo is a stinky word and its a stinky thing...even your poo.

Um....okay.... I guess I'll chime in a completely different opinion then y'all since everyone seems to believe food combining is necessary.

I came across several articles a few years ago that said food combining is not as important as nutritionists/scientists once thought it was. That vegetarian foods did not need to be consumed together to form a complete protein. They said as long as you consume the foods within the same day, your bodies will get the aminos/complete proteins it needs to do its job.

This always made sense to me as well because I think that our bodies are very smart. I never believed much in theories that stressed eating certain things together such as not combining carbs and fats or eating fruit seperately, etc, or with Vegan food combining... having to eat the beans and rice together, etc.... I think our bodies are smarter than we give them credit for and I don't feel food combining is necessary, so if anyone has brand new data they can share with me.... I will listen.

Personally though.... I just feel we have enough to worry about if we're trying to get in protein, iron, B Vitamins, Vitamin C, etc, etc without adding food combining to the mix if its not absolutely necessary.

Anyone else agree or is everyone on this thread completely in agreement with food combining??