Boycott to the presence of Guillermo Vargas

SyrLinus

According to here http://www.petitiononline.com/ea6gk/petition.html. There is a art extravaganza in Costa Rica that allowed an artist to literally starve a dog for his showing last year. There is a petition to stop them from allowing him to do it again this year here.

Boycott to the presence of Guillermo Vargas "Habacuc" at the Bienal Centroamericana Honduras 2008

To: Bienal Centroamericana Honduras 2008

14 September 2007-From the Nation Journal of Costa Rica we read:

http://www.nacion.com/ln_ee/2007/sep...ea1239344.html

Amid controversy, the Costa Rica´s Visual Arts Biennial (Bienarte) 2007 opened last night strict and small selection of works; Six artists and rewarded with the pass to represent the country at the "Biennale Centroamericana Honduras 2008".

Artists winners in this sixth edition of the prestigious contemporary art quotes were Errol Barrantes, Habakkuk Guillermo Vargas, Oscar Figueroa, Mimiam Hsu, Stephen Stone and "The gang of Emerging-Submerged" (Sila Chanto and Jhafis Quintero).

The jury was composed of Ana Sokoloff (Colombia), Oliver Debroise (Mexico) and Rodolfo Kronfle Chambers (Ecuador), and chose based on works of high quality and excellent consistency between idea and implementation, as detailed.

The Bienarte is organized by "The Entrepreneurs for the Arts".

One of the "artists", Guillermo Vargas Habakkuk

(http://www.marcaacme.com/blogs/analo...zas_de_habacuc)

led to the death of a dog by starvation during the event.

It is unacceptable that in this way will trample the rights of animals and that the "artist" would have collected from the streets to let die with a rope tied to the wall of the gallery when he had the opportunity to not do it or even save it.

--------------------

From Blog Rodrigo Peñalba

Http://www.marcaacme.com/blogs/analo...zas_de_habacuc

"According knew the dog died the next day for lack of food. During the inauguration knew that the dog was chased in the afternoon between the houses of aluminum and cardboard for a district of Managua with the name of a saint who could not say that Habakkuk at the time. There were five children of those who helped in the capture, who received bonuses of 10 córdobas comfortable for your cooperation. During the exhibition some people called for the release of the puppy, so that the "artist" was refused. The name of the dog was Natividad, and he was left to die of starvation in the face of all, as if the death of a poor dog was a shameless media show in which nobody does nothing but applaud or look puzzled."

--------------------

Nothing we can do for this dog but if you try to make the organizers of "The Bienal Centroamericana Honduras 2008" not admitted to this "artist" Animal Abuser. I ask you about this application and disseminate as much as you possible this shameful act to collect the maximum number of signatures and veto in the biennial.

Sincerely,

The Undersigned.

I'm really glad you posted this. It makes me angry and disappointed to read that any human being can sink to this level of cruelty, but it's important to spread the word. I actually forced myself to delete my rant about how they should publicly starve this guy, because I don't want to lower myself to his level.