Ridiculous article about milk

Spine

Did anyone else have the misfortune of coming across a CNN.com article about the supposed benefits of drinking milk? If not, here's a taste of what you missed:

Milk has nutrients that are essential to your health, so whatever you do, don't stop drinking it. . . . Milk is a top dietary source of calcium, a mineral that's critical for helping prevent osteoporosis and keeping teeth strong. Calcium and other nutrients in dairy also help keep your blood pressure stable, have been linked to lowered levels of LDL ("bad") cholesterol, reduced risk of certain cancers, and even weight loss.

On my blog, I did my best to counter the misinformation in the article.

check this article, it's worse.

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/paul1.htm

This guy is crazy, he writes: " Tolerant to lactose or not, YOU MUST DRINK MILK". He says we just need to take some pills everyday to help digest it! Then he adds : "No more excuses now, go buy some milk." "Just make sure that you drink your milk". "Drink a gallon of milk in a day, and you have 128g of protein already.(...) Just know that milk is loaded with protein, good protein. Drink up".

He claims it's full of proteins, vitamins, etc. Yeah, he doesn't say it's full of shit, antibiotics and experimental drugs given to the cows, so it needs pasteurization, the vitamins in milk are added. He doesn't say a word about the cholesterol and saturated fats. Many says the calcium from milk is not even assimilated by our body.

I'm gonna write to this guy, Paul Bourque... [email protected]

In some countries about 98,5% of the population is intolerant to lactose. This means it's a poison but he says with some medications it's alright. This guy tries to kill everybody.

There so many people like that, so my philosophy is laugh about it rather than cry... But when there's books and articles like that, or living people in front of you that have such stupid behaviors, sometimes it's hard. So I'll do like Spine, write some blogs.

Spine, that was a great counter strike. Very well argumented, good sources... I do a lot of similar stuff around climate, environmental and vegan issues in Finnish and I love to see other people doing it too.

That bodybuilding.com article is full bs. I wonder if these people get paid by the milk industry.

What a bunch of retards.

No, humans aren't supposed to drink cow's milk. Nobody in their right mind would go up to a cow and start suckin some milk off its teat. Come on already.

I'm lactose intolerant too, I drank milk for many years despite that because everyone told me it was "good" for me. No, if I was a calf it would be good for me but I'm a HUMAN! People are sick, dude.

What a bunch of retards.

Nobody in their right mind would go up to a cow and start suckin some milk off its teat. Come on already.

ahah lol! I love the way you said that, and it's true. Even drinking human milk once we're adult wouldn't be normal, so for cow's milk it's even worse.

Dr. Shelton said : Adults who drink milk are eternal little runts/babies... (my translation (I've read it in French)... It's like if their moms didn't breast-feed them so they drink cow's milk all their life to compensate a lack.

The people who say we NEED milk to grow muscles should listen to Arnold Swartz. : "I drink no milk. Milk is for babies. When you grow up you have to drink beer."

Spine, that was a great counter strike. Very well argumented, good sources... I do a lot of similar stuff around climate, environmental and vegan issues in Finnish and I love to see other people doing it too.

Thanks Tuc! Now if I could only be as articulate in Finnish as you are in English...