Who will win NBA playoffs?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Utah is a long shot to make the finals. They have trouble winning on the road, which is necessary to win tough playoff series, especially in the western conference. But, with the way the west is, you can't count out any of the top 7 teams. Any one of them could make it, but if I had to pick, I'd pick the Suns.

I like the Pistons in the east. They're tough, experienced, hungry and the underdogs (the role they do best in). When the Pistons are the favorites, they flop. When no one thinks they can pull it off, they're unbeatable. I think the Celtics will make the conference finals, and lose in 7 to the Pistons.

So I'm predicting a Pistons/Suns final.

If the Pistons vs Celtics make it go game 7 that would be an INSANE series.

I would enjoy Utah going far, just because I live here. I am not a fan though.

I would want the suns in the finals. But someone mentioned that a Boston vs Lakers would be the classic match up of the century!

Rematch of the 80's!!!!!

Lakers vs. Celtics

How cool would that be?

I hate the Lakers and like the Celtics quite a bit, but I think it would be awesome two decades later after the Magic vs. Bird era to have Kobe vs. Garnett

That being said, I'd love to see Suns vs. Cavs or Suns vs. Magic

Celtics and Lakers would be amazing like you said!

I still have VHS's of some of the highlights of those games. Magic and Bird match-up was classic. The Magic Johnson hook shot beyond the three point line is something that lives in my mind all the time.

Thats why I really like watching the Celtics now. It reminds me of the days when winning mattered, and not individual stats. They work as a team, and have guys that can take over games if need be, bust most of the time they dont.

Watching Lebron is like watching all those old school players reborn.

Jordan was the man. I still have like 20 of his basketball collectors cards somewhere in my storage lol!

After watching a couple of his championship's win I think I teared up from it.

I gotta go...but let's talk more b-ball soon! Let's talk about Magic's 3-pointer at the last second over Isiah in the 1992 all-star game, about Reggie Miller's 9 points in 13 seconds or whatever it was, let's talk old school NBA soon!

Back when the Hawks, Rockets and even Warriors were teams you didn't want to mess with!

We should make a whole nother topic. Remember Dominque Wilkins?

In 95 Miller scored 8 points in 8.9 seconds against the knicks. Amazing!

Oh man. Ok I know you have to go. But I had Okheem Olojuwan basketball shoes, they were awesome!

Im getting all excited now. Lets talk more soon.

Dude!

Hakeem Olajuwon was my favorite player!!!!!!

OK, start a new thread! I have to go now, but LOVE NBA and old school, Spud Webb, Kevin Johnson, Chris Mullen, David Robinson, and many, many more!

Now....gotta go!

Watch that vid I posted.

BLOCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'd love to see Lebron take one...but I'm thinking it'll be another year or two. I hate to say it but I'm thinking the Lakers may take it.

Suns. If they can pull it together they have a very superior team. If they can use shaq correctly nash and stodamire can move that ball. They just lost to the spurs in double overtime! I was on the river and just got out of the boats when I heard it on the radio. If they can't pull it together as a team though they are soooo sunk. That team is like a feather sometimes.

I hope the hometown team will win- go Nuggets!

But, if I were to bet:

1) Spurs

2)Boston

3)Lakers

4) Suns

5) New Orleans

The West is just so stacked.

No offense, but I really don't want to see the boring Spurs do it again. I'd also love to see a Lakers vs. Celtics, or Suns vs. Cavs, Lakers vs. Cavss or something like that. Kobe vs. Lebron could be like the Magic vs. Bird days of old.

I feel the same about the Spurs too. I don't hate them...I respect most of the players quite a bit...they just don't get me excited.

Alright. If anyone watched the opening games this weekend there were some amazing games.

My Celtics wrecked the Hawks by 20 or so! But if we are going to want to go to the Finals, we have to find some way to rebound. Way too many second chance shots for the Hawks. Its like we werent even trying. Garnett is still my hero though.

The Suns vs Spurs game went into DOUBLE overtime, and almost a third overtime with a Nash 3 point clutch shot, but a Ginobli (sp?) last second layup right after that FTW!

Didnt catch the whole Jazz game, but they one.

Cleavland won. The 76'ers came back from 16 points over Detroit. Chris Paul took over the game fro the hornets. Lakers one, ugh. Kobe didnt do much, but Gasol was amazing.

Other games were good, but didnt watch the rest.

for me... there's a high probability of Celtics vs. Lakers.

I'm not high on the Pistons (haven't been all year)

Celts look like they are on a mission and I'm not sure that anyone in the East can stop them.

The west should be very interesting though....

Phoenix should be close but I have to give the edge to the Lakers.

The addition of Gasol has really solidified that lineup. It's not all about Kobe anymore.

One of the coolest things about playoff time is that LeBron James turns into superman.

Can you imagine what is must have been like to be the super stacked Detroit Pistons and have a 1-man team last year run you over?

How did the Cavs make it to the finals with that team they had? Nearly impossible but LeBron is something special and he owns the playoffs!

I love the battles he has with Gilbert Arenas as well, too bad he's not 100% this year, I loved the 40-point games they'd each have in previous years going one-on-one in the 4th while everyone else clears out

Not always "team" ball, but he gets wins while also getting more assists than almost anyone, more rebounds and more points. I think he is a TEAM guy but he also knows how valuable his own skills are and knows when to take over.

Right. As far as I can see, LeBron reminds me of Chicago Bulls Jordan. Skilled enough to take over games, yet understands that playing as a team is required to win.

I believe once the Cavs get a couple better players to go with Lebron, they may be unstoppable.

LeBron has a leg up on Jordan when it comes to being a team player. Jordan wasn't as willing to give the ball up. If the Cavs could win with LeBron on the bench he'd volunteer to sit out...Jordan would never do that. LeBron really doesn't care how they win...thats why I like the guy so much.