Hanging with the Wolf in Seattle

The FREAK Dennis Wolf is in Seattle and Ravi and I hung out with him tonight.

He's super cool! I know a lot of cool bodybuilders, and I have to honestly say that Dennis is one of the coolest I've met. We chatted for quite a while about all kinds of stuff tonight.

I love the guy!

Here are a few pics. We'll hang out tomorrow too:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/Wolf2.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/WolfRavi.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/Wolf1.jpg

Many more to come! Just too tired to post them tonight, but I do have some great ones and we'll get more tomorrow. I'm so busy these days, different city every week for two months now!

But good times and awesome experiences

Ravi is as cool as it gets...........and I'm totally into bodybuilding again and have been all over the US attending events from the Ironman to the Arnold to the Emerald and the Olympia is on my list too. Now I'm becoming buddies with some of the pros again, as well as some fitness models, other bodybuilders and company owners and representatives.

Great times....super times!

Nope, not vegan, but an awesome guy and awesome bodybuilder.

I've noticed a lot of people on here lately have been anti-pro bodybuilders. I feel the same way in many aspects and in fact took 3 or 4 years off from attending any of the bodybuilding events.

Now, I'm back into it and really into it again and have been traveling around the country attending events, exhibiting, and hanging out with these guys.

If it wasn't for them, I would have never gotten interested in bodybuilding and I think that is the same for Daywalker, and many others. They were our "initial" inspiration.

I turned my back on bodybuilding and bodybuilders a while back, but jumped back in and I'm having the time of my life and the best results of my life.

I'm making it happen and that is what matters to me....and that is the reason for the forum is here, because these guys inspired me to be larger than I was.

Anyway, gotta go hang with the Wolf again!

I think bodybuilding is great. But not bodybuilding at that level. They are walking pharma experiments and beyond the realm of what people can achieve.

When I look at the WOLF in these pictures, he just looks ill to me. Not healthy at all. Of course, that's not his objective, but it's sad to see.

Yeah, I hear ya. I have a moment before leaving because Ravi is in the shower, and then we'll head out....I was actually going to ad to it to say that I too feel bad for their future health, but what I love about these guys as people is that they are passionate about what they do and they follow their dreams.

Look how much fun Arnold, Ronnie and others have. These are role models just as people because 99% of people don't have passion for something. They may be content or like something, but it is evident that guys like Arnold and Ronnie LOVED what they did. They epitomize joy in their career and for that, I can't fault them, in fact I praise them to have the courage to follow their dreams all the way, not half-ass.

That goes for anyone who does that, not just bodybuilders or even athletes. I'm a sucker for people who are driven by what they are passionate about.

That is just me, and I realize I am a minority with that perspective.

But anyway, yeah, I agree on many levels about feeling bad for these guys or even turned off by them, as I stated I was for many years, but something has been injected in me and I'm fired up again. Something lit a fire under RC and I'm having the time of my life doing what I do and following my own passion.

That is the GREAT thing about passions, they are so individually based...what is awesome for me, may not be good at all for someone else. We're all so different, and this is my element and it shows in the joy I get from it.

Gotta go. Just trained back with Ravi and ate at Whole Foods....nearly a perfect day so far!

I agree completely. People that are driven to achieve things that are seemingly impossible, but go for that dream anyway can be quite the role model. Sometimes people go too far, it's sad but true. I think people need a balance of wisdom, and drive, so this won't happen as much.

Look how much fun Arnold, Ronnie and others have. These are role models just as people because 99% of people don't have passion for something. They may be content or like something, but it is evident that guys like Arnold and Ronnie LOVED what they did. They epitomize joy in their career and for that, I can't fault them, in fact I praise them to have the courage to follow their dreams all the way, not half-ass.

Well said. I think the key word there is "joy". It's a word Arnold used again and again in his writings and daily life.

Perhaps I'm a bit like Robert, I'm getting back into lifting weights (wouldn't really call myself a bodybuilder) after quite a few years off.

When I really started to get into bodybuilding (buying all the magazines and whatnot) I was around 16 or 17, and like a typical teenager, I was a bit angry for no reason. I remember reading in Arnold's book about how people who have road rage, yelling at someone who might have accidentally cut them off, and Arnold said that this sort of behavior isn't balanced. Our bodies need to workout in order for our minds and to function properly. I think lifting weights really helped calm me down, give me balance. I gained a lot not only by lifting, but also by seeing the joy and love that some of the best had for the sport.

As far as the steroids, I kind of take a libertarian point of view, and think that they are only hurting themselves, so it's their personal choice to make. It really shouldn't be criminalized. The typical SAD diet is arguably just as dangerous in the long-run, and no one in the mainstream media lectures the average guy who just ate a burger with cheese fries and a large Coke at TGIFriday's about how he's killing himself in the same manner as they shame these bodybuilders with all the steroid talk.

Plus, part of me just wants to see the extreme. Like the crazy Dorian pictures in socks. I wouldn't want to look like that personally, but I find the pictures with the insane grain-yness and muscle density to be fascinating.

I think it's also great the Wolf seems to be a down-to-earth type of guy. It'll be great to see how he does later this year in the Olympia.

Dennis wolf is the man.

Enough with the anti-probodybuilder stuff. I know they are the root of all evil.

If we've decided on not having anti raw stuff in the raw forum lets be consistent and not have anti bodybuilding stuff in the bodybuilding forum. Like it or not steroids are a part of the sport for a vast majority of the athletes. Get over it.

Dennis wolf is the man.

Enough with the anti-probodybuilder stuff. I know they are the root of all evil.

It's a discussion forum. Criticism should be allowed, just as I think it should be in the raw section.

If someone uses steroids that's his own problem, type in on youtube: the man who's arms exploded and you will see what steroids can do

that's what we like to call synthol, not roids. Even though he was on roidzz.

A difference of opinion is just fine and a changing opinion is just fine. I know I've changed my outlook a lot over the years.

I just know that THIS forum and website and my whole business wouldn't be here without the influence of IFBB athletes. That isn't the case for VF or other sites or forums, as far as I know. It was my own personal inspiration to get into bodybuilding and it has shaped my life to where it is now and what I do.

We all do our own things and that is the best thing about life, we do what is best for us.

My interests aren't the same as say andesuma or veganpotter and that is just fine, we all have our own unique passions, interests, ambitions, etc.

Bodybuilding is my thing.....I ran away from it for 4 years and I ran back to it and have been accepted with open arms by Jay Cutler, and tons of others who welcome me back and hang out and keep in touch.

I'm back and I'm loving it!

See how much fun I'm having:

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/Emerald1.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/Emerald2.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/Emerald3.jpg

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/Emerald4.jpg

Its funny because it seems as though bodybuilding competition is one step removed from gay pride, only because of the great bodies adn sparkly thongs. lol.

http://i28.photobucket.com/albums/c210/VeganBodybuilder/Bodybuilding%20Photos/Emerald4.jpg

his body is of a really good composition.

I think bodybuilding is great. But not bodybuilding at that level. They are walking pharma experiments and beyond the realm of what people can achieve.

When I look at the WOLF in these pictures, he just looks ill to me. Not healthy at all. Of course, that's not his objective, but it's sad to see.

I couldn't agree more with Zack. Of course it's fun to watch those monsters but I can't help of thinking that they have sacrified their own health for something they will probably regret later on.

Roids tend to make some people violent maniacs and looking up to someone on roids is something that especially young guys should not do. I got into bb'ing because of Robert and Daywalker and other natural bodybuilders because they look healthy and good and are vegans. Pro bodybuilders don't look good and I would have never started training just by looking at people on roids.

Actually earlier I thought that you can't be very muscular without roids if you're naturally skinny. When I figured out that I can shape my body into anything I want (in reasonable limits) I felt very glad: I don't need medication to be big. It just takes some time to grow big but hey, vegans live long which means I'm not in a hurry.

Here's a way better role model than roid monsters:

http://www.fast.fi/?mid=537

Teemu Isoaho is a finnish champion in classic bodybuilding. He's a lacto-ovo vegetarian (not a vegan ) and is obviously tested for steroids often because he's in cbb category. He's clean.

http://www.fast.fi/easydata/customers/funcfood/files/blogikuvat3/teemu_5a_iso.jpg

• 1 month later...

Hey robert, i just saw this pics know, i´ve been away fpr some time!

Really cool pics

The Wolf looks C R A Z Y in these pictures... robert, you got big forearms, but wolf´s forearms are incredible!!!!

Just look his biceps....

I saw him some days ago, its UNBELIEVALBE in which shape he is 4 months befor Mr.O.....completely definded, just a little bit bloated from the water under his skin

http://img80.imageshack.us/img80/8611/insrfdexphpvy4.jpg

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/7716/inddwexphpgr7.jpg