Longevity and veganism

xveganjoshx

Dunno, but did you know Donald Watson, founder of the Vegan Society and inventor of the word vegan, died in 2005, at age 95? At the age of 14, he became a vegetarian, and in the 1940s, after learning about milk production, he became a vegan.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Watson

Whether veganism can be credited for his long life, I dunno, but you can't discredit veganism as being unhealthy based on this.

Whether veganism can be credited for his long life, I dunno, but you can't discredit veganism as being unhealthy based on this.

That's totally not what I was doing.

I wasn't sure if it seemed like I was implying that, but I'm not. Just curious to get perspectives on this issue either way.

I really think very low calorie diets are whats key to living that long(of course without genetics its not gonna happen no matter what)...along with staying active past your 80s. I'm sure she's not vegan but I bet she also eats a good deal of veggies...probably brussel sprouts, and lots and lots of sex

I wasn't sure if it seemed like I was implying that, but I'm not. Just curious to get perspectives on this issue either way.

Oh, I wasn't saying you discredit it. What I mean is, if the guy who invented the word "vegan" himself lives to 95, veganism can't be that bad, like some people say.

My question is, why do you and Zack have the same signature?

Oh, I wasn't saying you discredit it. What I mean is, if the guy who invented the word "vegan" himself lives to 95, veganism can't be that bad, like some people say.

My question is, why do you and Zack have the same signature?

To play a sick game with our minds.

BeforeWisdom,

Thank you!! I haven't visited Dr. Greger's site in awhile and didn't realize he had this talk available. EVERY vegan should listen to it - it's that important. I am going to post it in the nutrition section and the raw section.