Trev and Suz Fly-by in Portland.

Trev

Hey, we're passing thru Portland on Friday, Apr. 25 on our way to points south... I think we'll get into town sometime between 10 and 11 am. We're planning a pitstop at Food Fight for road snacks and other assorted cool vegan stuff. We'll also be looking for a good spot for brunch/lunch, preferably close to the same area... suggestions welcome! And if anyone wants to meet up, that'd be cool!

It's unfortunately a short visit to PDX because we have a dinner in SF to make the next day.

We're headed to Cali for about a week, and may hit up Portland on the way home too - we'll be checking the forum lots.

Sweet! I was going to be out of town that day, but I think I'll back my trip up to the evening and stick around to hang out!

There is a great place to eat called Red and Black Cafe on the same block as Food Fight (note Food Fight moved into the vegan mini mall on SE 12th and Stark).

There are 5 vegan businesses on the same block. I'm sure a bunch of us would love to meet up that morning!

Yay!

We'll be at the Red and Black shortly before noon I'm thinking - so stop by if you can!

Loveliberate - we'll back in N.Van around May 3. PM me with your details - it'd be great to visit while you're here. You need any vancouver suggestions?

Trev

It was a great little meet-up! Thanks for coming out Robert, Loveliberate, Lotus and kids! Suz and I enjoyed the lively conversation and the awesome lunch at Red & Black - Red Dragon Salad good! You're a very hospitable crew there! Portland rulez!

We're currently holed up in our motel on the beach in Santa Barbara. It was 34 degrees Celsius - sorry don't know faranwhatever - it's hot. It's frickin' nice here. We may not go home.

Haven't found any vegan restaurants yet, but Trader Joe's is 5 minutes away so it's alright...

If we do decide to go home to the place we affectionately call 'the freezing darkness' we'll be passing back thru portland and we'll give y'all a call!

Cheers!

Trev

Great to see you both! I enjoyed hanging out as well. I also know what you mean about being in California. When I got to L.A. I don't want to come home!

I love the weather!

Have an awesome time and let us know if/when you come through Portland on your return home.

Also....welcome to 500 posts!

Great to see you both! I enjoyed hanging out as well. I also know what you mean about being in California. When I got to L.A. I don't want to come home!

I love the weather!

Have an awesome time and let us know if/when you come through Portland on your return home.

Also....welcome to 500 posts!

Thanks bro... yeah 500 took me long enough, eh?

We're back in Vancouver now after an awesome trip. Here are a few of the pics we took at the red and black cafe in Portland. Thanks again for coming out and having lunch with us Robert, Loveliberate, and Lotus - so nice to meet you guys!! Next time we'll spend a little more time in Portland - what an amazing city for Vegans.

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/veganunderground/portlandvisit.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/veganunderground/portlandvisit4.jpg

http://i117.photobucket.com/albums/o56/veganunderground/portlandvisit3.jpg

Edited by suz

Cool!

Glad we could hang out.........I think loveliberate and lotus are still up there in B.C. ?

Not sure but feel free to give them a shout. For some reason I think they are there for another day. They'd love to hear from you.

Great seeing you and hope to see you again soon!

Robert

Cool!

Glad we could hang out.........I think loveliberate and lotus are still up there in B.C. ?

Not sure but feel free to give them a shout. For some reason I think they are there for another day. They'd love to hear from you.

Great seeing you and hope to see you again soon!

Robert

Yeah I missed a call from them last night I think they're leaving tomorrow morning. They didn't leave a # where I could call them, so hopefully they'll try me again - Loveliberate, are you reading this?

Anyway, it was a fun little visit to Portland and I'm hoping we can get down there again for a proper visit sometime this summer...