The REAL reason this forum is here......

robert

is because back on December 8, 1995 my sister was organizing an Animal Rights week at my high school and inspired me to become vegan.

Today is her birthday. For a decade, I've always found it fitting that her birthday falls on Earth Day!

Today she turns 30!

I'd love it if some of you would wish her a happy birthday and I can send the link to this thread to her.

If it weren't for her, for the forum may not be here and I wouldn't be what I'm doing now. Maybe I would have stumbled on it later on, but growing up on a farm, being involved in 4-H, living next to a dairy and coming from a family of farming, veganism wasn't really in the cards until my sister decided to rise up and say, "no more."

Happy Birthday Flonk! (nickname)

Happy Birthday Tanya!

Thanks for everything!

Happy Birthday Tanya, thank you for making this forum possible. It is a wonderful place and apparently we owe it all to you.....

I couldn't help but wonder where the nickname 'flonk' came from? Googling it proved to be useless as the answer I got was disturbing and there is no way it is why she was bestowed such a nickname. I will take the third translation page in google on a blog as it sounds much better

Ultimately, "flonk" is excitement. "Flonk" is zeal. "Flonk" is passion!

Happy Birthday Tonya. I am happy you were able to convert dear old Robert here. Otherwise this forum( Which BTW is by far the greatest Vegan Forum in existence ) would have never been conceived and quite possibly no one here would have met and had become friends. And this is all thanks to you.

So in a way. You are God, This forum is Earth and everyone in it are your children. I guess that would make Robert Jesus

I hope you have a good one. I wish I could have been born on Earth Day

Have a wonderful birthday, Tanya!!!! Thank you for being such a great inspiration to Robert. You must be very proud of your little bro, and it's obvious that he is very proud of you. Perhaps you can join the forum, if only to tell us what Robert's nickname is .

:govegan:

Happy Earth Day, too

Mike