THE VEGAN VACATION 2008 PROSPECTUS

Jessifly

Don't worry...if you save double for food...you'll be saving all the money you'll be spending on entertainment. In Portland you need nothing more than a comfy pair of shorts/pants/dress to sit down and eat in.

Now we're considering renting a car in Portland and returning it in Vancouver. Has anyone ever done this before? Has anyone ever tried crossing the border in a rented car?

We'd appreciate any input on any of my questions...

I cross the border in rental cars all the time..........no problems ever.

Keep all the rental car paperwork with you.

I rent cars in Portland for barely more than $10 a day!

www.carrentals.com

The key is to pick it up from the airport and book on that site or hotwire or others.

I rent a car a couple of times per month with my travels, including picking one up in Florida in the morning....$15 a day, always, anywhere.

When I cross the border I tell them I don't want to put miles on my own car and I can rent one for as low as $15 a day from carrentals.com

They usually smile.

I am making my official reservation tomorrow. All those who are attending should do the same ASAP!

Let's support the organizers and meet deadlines and make this trip happen for ourselves. I've been there every year and have met people who have become my greatest friends.

I look forward to seeing all attendees this year!!!!!

I just registered a few days ago...are we short a lot of people???

Yes, we are short A LOT of people. I have received a total of 4 deposits. Not nearly enough to put down for the cabin. I contacted everyone individually last week so hopefully everyone will get their deposit in to me in the next 3 days so we can get that first payment to the cabin!

Lets get on this everybody!!!! We don't want to be forced into tents for 4 days. Its not that much money for what you get. A motel 6 for four days will run you nearly twice as much money.

As always my Partner Megan and I are offering our extra room to any couple who needs it for the Portland portion of VV 08' for free. All I ask is that you clean up after yourselves and pay for your portion of food costs. We have a queen size bed, tv, and dresser in our 2nd bedroom. Send me a PM if you're interested. We also could possibly sleep up to 4 more in our living room as we have a futon and a pull out sleeper couch. We are taking couples only for the extra bedroom so we will be able to offer privacy to those who may need it!

Did I mention I live in like the best neighborhood in Portland???? let me know!

Randall (darthvegan) was nice enough to let me crash on his futon when I went to Portland for the vegan holiday festival last year. Besides being a really cool person and a lot of fun to hang out with, he has a great apartment. There are two huge picture windows in his living room, and every morning I woke up to this amazing view. AND there are 2 vegan restaurants (that I know of) within walking distance, including a vegan pizza parlor. I'm seriously getting jealous just thinking about it. I should move to Portland.