Bristol Vegan Fayre (including shoulder press results!)

Pete

Hi all,

just wrote a quick review of our day at the Bristol Vegan Fayre. It was probably the best vegan event (from a fitness freaks view point) around at the moment, with James Southwood demonstrating Savate (a form of martial art), Gareth Zeal talking about nutrition (ex-powerlifter, nutritional coach to Manchester city football [soccer] club), posing by Robbie hazeley, talk by me & Robbie, & of course the long awaited shoulder press contest!

Here's full details of the day http://www.veganbodybuilding.org/bristol05.htm

Roll on the press-up contest at the London Christmas without cruelty fayre in December!

Hey Pete,

great pictures, looks like you guys had fun! I'm sorry I couldn't make it but as you know I had to work...

Anyways I will definitely come to the Christmas fayre, this will be my first vegan Christmas so I will probably do some serious shopping there!

Hey Pete,

Thanks for posting the results. It does look like you guys had a lot of fun!

It looks like Robbie was still in great shape for posing! He must have had a bowl of shredded wheat in the morning!

Cool to see all the Vegan events going on around the world.

Hey Pete,

great pictures, looks like you guys had fun! I'm sorry I couldn't make it but as you know I had to work...

Anyways I will definitely come to the Christmas fayre, this will be my first vegan Christmas so I will probably do some serious shopping there!

Cristian - yep, loadsa shopping to do at the Christmas Fayre - I buy lot's of sweets and chocolate and and cosmetics. Bring a big bag to fill. Arrive hungry too - obviously there is lot's of nice food to eat. You will enjoy it a lot.

I'm supposed to be doing the press-up comp at this one - incidentally Pete how many entrants thus far? - but I'm having grief with my ankle and back at the moment. I'm a sorry sight hobbling around.....

So far we've only a few male & females, but as you know a lot of people prefer to enter on the day (just to keep us nervous!). I expect we'll be getting a lot more than the shoulder press contest simply because everyone can do push-ups. I'll be surprised if we don't get some big rep counts from some contestants.

Thankfully, we've got trophy for 1st & medals for 2nd & 3rd for this event (the shoulder press was only trophy for 1st), both for male & female, & goodies from Yaoh & Redwoods foods as well as the results (& trophies again) for male & female WIP of the year (still time to get your updates in for that one!).

So, there's a lot going on between now & the new year at VBB.org!