Clothes don't fit

Ugh......

I bought a really nice blazer over the weekend. Unfortunately it was a bit too big around the waist. I had to spend more than half of what I paid for it to get it custom tailored. That is dumb. My back is getting wider and my waist is getting tighter. And shirts are getting hard to fit right, ie so that they look good on my body. ISN'T THIS WHAT THE BODIES SUPPOSED TO LOOK LIIIKKKKKKKKKEEEEEE?

Not trying to brag here or be like "OMG I'm so big" at all. Actually it sucks.

Anyone else have the same problem?

I know sydneyvegan mentioned it in another thread.

I recently gave away all the nice things I had from when my weight was below 230 - I came to the realization that while I wish I could wear some of it, the odds of my weight going that low any time in the next few years is very, very slim. I still am holding on to a lot of things that fit me well when I'm in the 240s, but let's say that they're a bit uncomfortable to wear when I try them on now I don't know, even if I cut another 15 lbs. or so in time, if my lean mass stays the same I have the feeling that with a larger chest, shoulders and back than I had when those things were purchased, they may not fit well at all.

You should have seen the look at Men's Wearhouse when I had to get fitted for a wedding tux back when I was still around 275 lbs. - they just shook their heads and said that there's no such thing as a jacket that will fit me unless it's custom-made. I got stuck with what everyone called the"fat guy coat", made for someone who was probably well into the 300s, as that was the only way that it would fit my shoulders. It was so bad, someone actually had to use a clip to pin the jacket on the back to disguise the fact that it was so large around, you could have fit another person inside it with me

Needless to say, I keep it pretty casual unless circumstances absolutely require nice outfits, of which I have very few that I fit into now.

I used to rib khakis on a weekly basis. I also ripped the necks in a lot of my t-shirts which is why I went through most of high school in mesh shorts and tank tops.

As Josh has mentioned above I find this problem a lot....

All I can say is, you American's have it easy....

I had to buy a new suitcase when I came back from the USA to fit all the clothes I was able to buy over there. Things are just bigger and it was a lot easier for me to find things that would fit me. I realise Dressy Clothes are still hard.

In Australia a lot of the clothes we have are made for the Asia market, so I can't even fit into 4XL!!!!!

T-shirts turn into crop tops.

Shirts that fit my chest often look like Moo-Moo's

Suit jackets fit really badly and the trousers are way to big....

yeh, pants. It's the most annoying thing having a baggy waist and quads that are glued to the thighs. My legs are naturally big and when I train them, it just get aggravating. I don't like baggy jeans, I like them a little fitted but it's next to near impossible to cater to that type of style with my body frame unless I stay shredded but that's not always where I want to be.

Also, european styles man, the worst. I had someone who went to Milan and brought me back a gorgeous Empiro Armani vneck sweater. My shoulders could not fit into it. I mean what the heck, you have to have narrow shoulders just to fit into a designer sweater? My arms were also always 'stuck' to the sweater. Even at my lean times, it was still a little too snug....

Wow sydneyvegan, I had no clue it was that bad out there. That sounds awful. Asians are all generally smaller and being forced to wear clothes that were designed for them, that's a crazy situation!

• 3 weeks later...
I used to rib khakis on a weekly basis.

I just read this, and thought you were using "khakis" as some kind of new racial slur that I hadn't heard of before, and I was trying to think who you could be talking about.

Many of my short sleeve collar shirts are already too small for me from the bicep/tricep area. I haven't gained that much weight but I really have to either stop growing or buy new clothes soon. Luckily most of my shirts are second hand and thus cheap.

I can easily believe that finding proper clothing can be a difficult when you have trained for several years.