vegas vegans

tofutod

I have a knack for finding vegans anywhere! I'll find you some! Great to see you both in Seattle recently. Awesome! Pumped that you'll be back for Vegan Vacation....you will be one of the unique people who has been there every single year!

unique in the fact that only a few of us have been there every year (meaning this year, 3 years in a row!). Mostly Portlanders have pulled off both years and plan on this year, so you're part of that group, making you unique like Me, loveliberate, lotus and a few others.

Hey, I'll be in Vegas later this year, but not until after Vegan Vacation, but I'll be in touch.

I'll work on finding Vegas Vegans!

Good to see you again.

haha, i know what you mean. i do love the vegan vacation crew and camaraderie. i'm glad to have been a part of it each year, and i don't plan on stopping any time soon. i've also gone to seattle's vegfest the last 5 years in a row. this year marked my fifth year of being vegan. kudos me.

awesome! as far as best times to go, summer is not one of them. it's going to be scorching and travel prices are super high as well. the cheapest time to go is actually during winter, but fall isn't too bad either. if you need any advice on places to stay when booking your trip, i can tell you about the coolest and cheapest hotels.

and if you come on weekdays it's about half the price.

there's this really cool hotel that i'm looking into staying at myself called the artisan. it's only about 59 dollars per weeknight and it's a really beautiful hotel. and it's just off the strip.

let me know what i can do to help. we can get some vegan donuts and raw food when you come down!

awesome! as far as best times to go, summer is not one of them. it's going to be scorching and travel prices are super high as well. the cheapest time to go is actually during winter, but fall isn't too bad either. if you need any advice on places to stay when booking your trip, i can tell you about the coolest and cheapest hotels.

and if you come on weekdays it's about half the price.

there's this really cool hotel that i'm looking into staying at myself called the artisan. it's only about 59 dollars per weeknight and it's a really beautiful hotel. and it's just off the strip.

let me know what i can do to help. we can get some vegan donuts and raw food when you come down!

Dude im down. That sounds like a perfect price. Are you at all a gambler and or a drinker?

Its hard to tell what people are into on a fitness site. What would you go down for? shows? shopping?

Do you live in vegas?

when i checked on the rates for the week day it came out to 139.99 a night. i choose the arbitrary dates of:

july14th-18th

Also if we chose an off season time i could get my familys timeshare it would be good for 4 people or so. More if we snuck them in. it costs anywhere from 25-50 a night and its lush.

http://www.tripres.com/hotels/info.aspx?hotelID=5547&hotel=Artisan+Hotel

it says it starts at like 83 but i think it can be cheaper. i have a friend who just stayed there for 59 but she's a frequent hotel-goer.

i like drinking and shows. my boyfriend and i just saw a drag show for his birthday at the one and only gay bar on the strip. it was a hoot. we'll show you a good time for sure though.

it'll be a relief to have an open-minded vegan in our little city.

That would be super fun. I love getting a 'townies' perspective on a locale. I always wondered about the gay bars and clubs actually. it has been my experience when going to popular destinations the gay scene is pricey and not worth it.

I have been a vegan for 5 years as well actually,so congratulations!

Quick Question:

Do you know if the vegan doughnut place uses refined sugar? I went there one year and gorged myself but that was before i found out about the sugar issue.

I am a fan of shows as well as gambling and drinking so i think this could definetly work as a trip idea. let me talk to a few friends and see if anyone would like to accompany me. They are not vegans unfortunately but are use to eating my 'bird food'. I know they enjoy it though, even if its deep down inside.

What would you say, as far as expenses go, as to how much i should bring in money that is not including the hotel?

i would say about 50 a day, but then again i'm kind of frugal so you may want to consider bringing more. 50 will get you 2 meals and maybe a couple drinks.

as far as refined sugar goes, i'm not positive. i do know that they seem pretty basic, so i wouldn't be surprised if they did use refined sugar. unfortunately the only time i really avoid sugar is when it's added afterward. i never put white sugar on or in things, but i have a habit of eating things that sometimes have it.

but that's around the same time as vegan vacation, so make sure you don't come then. matt and i will be in portland.

when i checked on the rates for the week day it came out to 139.99 a night. i choose the arbitrary dates of:

july14th-18th

Also if we chose an off season time i could get my familys timeshare it would be good for 4 people or so. More if we snuck them in. it costs anywhere from 25-50 a night and its lush.

That is right around Vegan Vacation time, which I know tofutod is attending....I always forget the dates, so I just wanted to mention that in case all of you planned on attending V.V. III

For 2008, Vegan Vacation will take place Saturday July 19th through Saturday July 26th.

Hope to see you all there!

mos def, homie. you should be there. it's amazing. it's the most calming exhilarating experience.

I have so many trips planned for next year, perhaps i should move a couple of them to 2010 instead.

I was planning on going to malasia on a vegevoyage tour next april.

VV at the end of april

and i wanted to take a two week backpacking trip through Mexico to check out the old Olmec and Aztec archaeological sites.