Favorite Holiday

Dr. Pink

I believe the correct answer to that question is yule. Yule is a holiday that actually predates XMAS. Most Pegans celebrate Yule. And in my opinion Peganism is pretty much like Atheism. The only difference is that Atheism is pure anti religion and Peganism is an Anti-Religion Religion.

Besides Christmas though ( Which I love 80 percent for the warm family oriented feeling and 20 percent for the presents ) my second favorite Holiday is Halloween.

Yules not the opposite...its the same thing with a different name. As for athiest being an anti religion...I wouldn't say that either. I'm definitely not anti religion...and I know some very religious pegans.

Atheists believe there is no god or superior being. Agnostics accept that there might be a god but aren't true believers. A phenomenal book on the topic is The God Delusion. The brilliance of Richard Dawkins is almost frightening, he's that good. I HIGHLY recommend this for reading material.

I really like Thanksgiving because I love to cook and autumn is my favorite time of the year.

I believe the correct answer to that question is yule. Yule is a holiday that actually predates XMAS. Most Pegans celebrate Yule. And in my opinion Peganism is pretty much like Atheism. The only difference is that Atheism is pure anti religion and Peganism is an Anti-Religion Religion.

Pagans actually have a set of beliefs (While, like many other religions, it varies from sect to sect), and is nothing like atheism. How is paganism an anti-religion religion?

I used to be a Pagan, actually. I even had an altar and all that fun stuff. This was in high school.. I was trying to find myself lol

Now I am not anything.. I study Buddism and Hinduism a little bit. Still do the holiday get togethers with the fam.

Halloween will always be my favorite. Now THAT is a pagan holiday. It's dedicated towards remembering the dead. It's the day where the realm between the living and dead is at it's thinnest, so the living can pay their respects.

It's customary for pagans to light candles and leave out offerings.. Usually food, for the spirits of the passed. Hence, where the trick or treat came in.

Halloween hands down. I love watching crappy old horror movies and dressing up. Halloween gives me a great excuse to do those. I don't mind Christmas as an atheist because nowadays it is pretty much a secular holiday anyway. I have been wanting to read "The God Delusion" and may get to it this summer since I will have ridiculous amounts of free time. Hopefully.