Need Literature on Vegan Diet and Global Warming/Environment

veggieprincess

I have a booth at World Fest L.A. and I'm trying to get my hands on any and all literature related to Veganism and Global Warming and/or the Environment.

I've been given at least 6 pieces of literature on this in the past, but I'm having a hard time finding any at the non-profit websites I've visited. I'm going to copy a bunch of articles that I have but I want some pretty leaflets or printed brochures also.

beforewisdom? Activist folks?? Or anyone who'd just like to help me find this online? Can you point me in the right direction? I'm new to all this stuff.

Thanks for your help

You can use the report by the UN:

29 November 2006 – Cattle-rearing generates more global warming greenhouse gases, as measured in CO2 equivalent, than transportation, and smarter production methods, including improved animal diets to reduce enteric fermentation and consequent methane emissions, are urgently needed, according to a new United Nations report released today.

“Livestock are one of the most significant contributors to today’s most serious environmental problems,â€

The Worldwatch Institute has some information on their website. You may be able to get some information from the links here. Their yearly state of the world and vital signs reports are very informative. Also look at the publication section under the Vital Signs Online for some information you might be able to print as a one-page item.

A little bit about them:

About Worldwatch Institute

The Worldwatch Institute is an independent research organization known around the world for its accessible, fact-based analysis of critical global issues. Worldwatch research is the gold-standard for sustainability analysis for decision makers in government, civil society, business, and academia.

Worldwatch experts meet frequently with government and private leaders to inform their decisions. The Institute leverages a global network of partner organizations and senior fellows that allows it to reach key decision makers. Our current geographic focus is on Brazil, China, India, Europe, and the United States—the areas of the world that are pivotal to addressing the world’s environmental and social problems.

Founded in 1974, Worldwatch disseminates its work in more than 100 countries via the Internet and global news media. The Institute earns 25 percent of its revenue from sales of publications and data and 40 percent from foundation, government, and institutional grants. Worldwatch’s network of individual donors provides 35 percent of the budget, including most of the unrestricted revenue that is essential to the Institute’s work.

I'm a member of the US-based Union of Concerned Scientists and am upset by how little they advertise the link between plant-based diets and sustainability. I'm much more impressed with this organization but haven't thought about them for awhile. I'm glad you asked for help with this topic as it's gotten me re-acquainted with them!

I just found this page at the HSUS. They've got some great stuff for you to use - unless, of course, they have a table there already. But I don't think they would mind you doing some advertising for them!

Good luck on Saturday.

that banner is on one of my myspace pages

I think it would be too late to receive brochures at this point, given that the event is Saturday. I got a couple nice ones from Farm USA, I have some coming from PETA and then I'm gonna print the rest... man you guys are reminding me I really need to get on that today. Thanks!!!

Melissa

Pamphlets are nice but color printed, one-sheet handouts are good too.

You could also have a listing of the websites for your sources in case people want to research this further.

Have fun on Saturday!