Karmacharger's Blog

Day 69

I decided not to go to yoga. I ended up taking it easy and leaving the house only to run a few errands. I did almost 8 minutes of sitting meditation and I will try to do more tomorrow. There's something about fasting that makes meditating easier. I think there's a clarity that comes when my body isn't spending all its energy digesting.

I was thinking about continuing this fast for one more day but feel like that would be too much. I will break it tomorrow with some lemon water when I wake up and by adding apples and raisins to my brown rice for breakfast.

I'm having a hard time eating supper. I'm just not hungry. I thought I was but a quarter of the way in, I realise I'm full. Oh well. Maybe when I get back from the movies....

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Days 70 and 71

The Biggest Loser contest at my gym is officially over! I got measured at 6:15 this morning! Yay!!

I didn't get any exercise this weekend as I didn't feel very energetic from fasting and recovering from food poisoning. It didn't matter. I'm still quite pleased with how I've done over the last 10 weeks. I don't have official totals yet, some of the measurements were hard to calculate. My trainer measured things to the nearest 1/8th of an inch so I'm waiting for the results. I also don't know how the other ladies did.

I'm pretty disappointed, I somehow have gained back the inch I lost on my bicep. I don't understand how that happened. I guess I haven't been training them hard enough? I don't know.

I think I've lost at least an inch off my hips and waist each, two or more inches off my chest, at least an inch off my thighs etc. I think I'm down about 6 inches in total with all body parts combined.

I'm looking forward to see the official results to know how I placed overall. I'm quite happy with the gains (losses in this case) that I've made over the last 10 weeks. I'm stronger, fitter, in better shape. I feel good, I'm motivated and I'm looking forward to continuing a new journey. I plan to start the Body for Life Program next Monday. I need some time to plan my workouts better. I'm trying to figure out how to train around elbow and knee injuries.

For my Canadian friends, Happy Canada Day! It's tomorrow.... and I'm sure I'll be back here to wish my American friends a Happy 4th before we get to that date!

I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of my boyfriend and his son. I've been telling people that it's been three weeks since I last saw him when in truth, it's only been two. I guess I miss him or something...

I'm hoping, hoping, hoping a higher up sends us home early. There's not a lot going on at work today. I'm getting stuff done but nothing that can't wait.

Happy Monday and enjoy the sunshine!

No more days to count...

I took last week off from training. I forced myself into the gym this morning for an upper body workout even though I was totally exhausted.

I didn't feel better after putting my time in... maybe it's because I cheated myself out of my tricep workout. I had to run out of the gym to get to work early. It's going to be a busy week...

I got the results of the contest. One woman left us all in the dust. She lost 11 inches in total! I think that's amazing and I respect her efforts!

I'm still proud of myself for a) having the courage to try and b) putting in my effort.

I'm hoping to get a new workout planned soon... I don't feel like doing the BFL program any more and I don't know why.

I need to get my diet back in check and be more regular with my gym time.

Those are my goals for now.