deadlift PB

I've been doing deadlifts for about 2 months now. Last night I did as planned, 5x225.. My form felt good so I decided to try 1x275. That went up fairly easy so I put 300 on the bar and did it once. It was hard, but I did it, and my form felt great.

I'm gonna go for 315 in a few weeks. according to the exrx strength standards, that puts me well between the intermediate 270 and the advanced 380 with only 2 months of training

what kind of weight is everyone else pulling?

between the intermediate 270 and the advanced 380

Where did you source that from? Interesting!

Nice lift adamx. You need to put 305 on there and get the bar bending. 3plates per side and up and the bar begins to bend

Been training for 4 months

Anyhow. My pb was 385lb a couple of weeks ago, haven't retried 405lb but I expect it in a few. More focused on bench right now.

Old pb was around 535lb I believe so muscle memory should get me back there quicker than someone just starting out

between the intermediate 270 and the advanced 380

Where did you source that from? Interesting!

Nice lift adamx. You need to put 305 on there and get the bar bending. 3plates per side and up and the bar begins to bend

Been training for 4 months

Anyhow. My pb was 385lb a couple of weeks ago, haven't retried 405lb but I expect it in a few. More focused on bench right now.

Old pb was around 535lb I believe so muscle memory should get me back there quicker than someone just starting out

http://www.exrx.net/Testing/WeightLifting/StrengthStandards.html

Yea, I can't wait to put 3 plates on each side I'm somewhere around in intermediate for everything after 2 months of BB training.

How much do you weigh now? And when you pulled 535?

I weigh around 205lb right now and when I did 535lb I weighted 195lb. Obviously I have some bf to lose and muscle to gain, grrrrr.

Brother, if you did 300, you can def attempt 305, it's only 2.5lb more on each side. 305-3pl

I failed at 405 from 385 but that's a 20lb diff.

Go for it! How much do you weigh?

I weigh around 205lb right now and when I did 535lb I weighted 195lb. Obviously I have some bf to lose and muscle to gain, grrrrr.

Brother, if you did 300, you can def attempt 305, it's only 2.5lb more on each side. 305-3pl

I failed at 405 from 385 but that's a 20lb diff.

Go for it! How much do you weigh?

I weigh 142 pounds

and 3 plates would be 315, no? Either way, I think I could have pulled it off with another 7.5 pounds on each end

Out of curiosity I did 285 a few weeks ago. I haven't lifted with my legs maybe 10 times in the past 3 years. I've done 650lbs for one rep on a few occasions but thats when I was around 300lbs myself. I bet I'd be up to 400lbs in less than two months if I stopped cycling and started lifting again.

I am between intermediate and advanced

162,5kg today. That's 358 lbs. Compared to my bw of 77kg (170 lbs) I think it's ok... at least for someone who has been training deadlifts for just a couple of weeks.

I am between intermediate and advanced

162,5kg today. That's 358 lbs. Compared to my bw of 77kg (170 lbs) I think it's ok... at least for someone who has been training deadlifts for just a couple of weeks.

Make sure you aren't doing it with a rounded back. You will hurt yourself if form is not good. Surprised I haven't already done it.

Make sure you aren't doing it with a rounded back. You will hurt yourself if form is not good. Surprised I haven't already done it.

Yeah, I have to be very careful. I usually check my back position from a mirror before I lift and I have friends to look after me. I tell them to say immediately if my lifting looks dangerous.

Thanks for taking care mate!

No deadlifting for me,

I hurt my back to often to do it anymore.

In the Mirror my form looks fine, straight back, bar close to my legs etc, then snap...

None of the Trainers I have spoken to have any idea, so I've given up asking.

I've been trying to find an old school power lifting gym, but they aren't easy to find either.

I don't want serious back problems later in life, so I make do without deadlifts.