I've Gone Bananas!

I am an O+ ... which means I should be living on animal products,

especially meat. It also says I should thrive on high-protein.

But I don't, I actually do extremely well on LOW protein &

have been veggie my entire life, and thriving on a vegan

diet for over 13 years.

Listening to your body is your deepest wisdom.

That is great that you do that!

Well said Sweetie

I also like what Tonya Kay pointed out on protein intake.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3LInKabkys&feature=related

One of Tonya's quotes "do you know of anyone who is protein deficient?"

Okay, so I woke up super early this morning because all night long I was dreaming of, BANANAS! I kept trying to grab one but every time I tried to, they disappeared no matter where I found them. And everyone around me was eating them. Then the second I got my hands on one as I was about to sink my teeth into it, I woke up. I immediately got out of my bed and ran to the counter to grab one and chomp it down.

YAY

Yeh, that stupid blood type diet is pointless nothing more than an interesting story. I am O+ also and there is no way I feel I need a meat centered diet to thrive. I do just fine and I feel much better than I did as an omni

"do you know of anyone who is protein deficient?"

Well Said! Great quote......

You find 1,09$/lb is cheap?

Where I live it's 0,79$/lb for organic but it's expensive in a village like that. The other week I went back to Montreal city for few days, bought some non-organic at 0,39$/lb. I remember some years ago it was often 0,19$ and 0,29$/lb. If buying cases it would be way cheaper.

Okay, so I woke up super early this morning because all night long I was dreaming of, BANANAS! I kept trying to grab one but every time I tried to, they disappeared no matter where I found them. And everyone around me was eating them. Then the second I got my hands on one as I was about to sink my teeth into it, I woke up. I immediately got out of my bed and ran to the counter to grab one and chomp it down..

wonderful use of the emoticons Katabatic!!!!!!!!!

Okay, well the obsession is just elevating as the days go on. I am trying to increase the live foliage indoors in my place. I want plants everywhere. I really want to get my hands on the blue weber agave plant but the darn thing is sold out everywhere. Well, at least I got a cool aloe vera succulent in my kitchen windowsill for now to hold me over. It's so beautiful. Also going to take a strike at a goji berry plant and perhaps a miraculin (miracle berry) plant as well but they're costly. I have had dried miraculin before and it is crazy. Everything I ate afterwards tasted like sugar, kale, spinach, everything for like 45 min! You c

This is the 'Musa Acuminata' or Dwarf Cavendish Banana plant. Grows 3 feet tall indoors and produces bananas in a yr or so. I don't have direct sunlight but I want to attempt to facilitate it and see if I can make it happen (as the cheeke would say). I read that the wild strains of this species are the ones with seeds in the fruit, I am going to attempt to find that kind!

http://www.excitinggardens.com/large/1289_l.jpg

I think i will loop a bananarama cd for the youngling when it arrives.

That miracle berry you're talking about seems interresting. Does it have another name than Miraculin ? I think I may have heard about those berries but in a French article, maybe I even tasted some.

For the banana plant, you're gonna need a tropical room !!

calorically, bananas are a pretty good value, at between 80 to 120 calories a pop you can't go wrong (good source of natural fiber and potassium, too).

i love to freeze them, too, and eat them with protein powder puddings, nut butters, chocolate syrup, etc... does that still count as raw?

cos i know if food's heated above 120 degrees (?), that is no longer considered raw but how does freezing and or blending food fit in?

and this may be sacrilege (since it is raw food nutrition & lifestyle), but baked plantains (yellow bananas) rock big time!

my two cents on eating locally: ideally, i'd eat only local and organic but the reality of it is i am not at this time; i try my best to buy in season and local but my top priority is adhering to a vegan eating style which means i do eat bananas, mango, and other stuff like foodswings (at least 1x a week or month for the best vegan grease eva!)

as for eating ancestral, i believe that our DNA and cellular selves appreciate and thrive on this.

somehow when i (and all the i's that came before me to become me) eat foods like kasha, pickles, dill, parsnips, cabbage, sauerkraut, falafel, hummus, and tabouleh; i feel so right! maybe this is psychosomatic, dunno.

by the same token, when i eat foods that my ancestors haven't eaten for generations upon generations (like bananas, for example), i feel really good, too...

yeah lol, we talked about bananas in many threads... After reading how many bananas some people here were eating each day, I started to ask myself some questions... I didn't eat any banana for like a year, (because of the Blood Type diet), and before that I was eating some, but not more than any other fruit in particular, 1 per day or less.

But since I started eating bananas again, if I have some at hope, I'll eat tons of them.

WHY? I begin to think there is something addicting in it.

If I don't have any organic ones at home ready to eat, like if they're still green, sometimes I'll even go buy some non-organic ripe ones to eat that day.

Hi there, I had a friend that kept tellling me that I was not suppose to eat banana's (among a few other things) because I was A+ , she is A+ too and got that info from the Blood Type Diet. Anyway I told her that might be fine for her, but I workout usually more the 2 hours a day and I find banana's to be a major benefit for me. I don't eat more than 1 a day because I have to keep my calories under control.

There isn't much validity within the Blood Type Diet.

I am an O+ ... which means I should be living on animal products,

especially meat. It also says I should thrive on high-protein.

But I don't, I actually do extremely well on LOW protein &

have been veggie my entire life, and thriving on a vegan

diet for over 13 years.

Listening to your body is your deepest wisdom.

That is great that you do that!

No Kidding, I don't want to knock anyones diet, to each their own, but that blood type diet just doesn't make sense. Being type A+ I am suppose to be a vegetarian, but I have more success with a well balance lean meat type diet. My vanity wants to go back to that way of eating, because I could get to 17% bodyfat by mid summer, but my heart won't allow it.

Funny how things change, I would rather be a little fat on a vegan diet, than lean on a meat diet.

Beth, you're the first Type A that I meet on this forum, it seems everybody else except me and you are all Type 0, supposed to eat meat, even if all are vegan!

I was vegeterian since many years because I knew about this blood type theory and was happy to find that by myself had made the vegeterian way, as suggested in the book, so I guess that contributed to make me believe in this. But I don't really believe in it anymore. I'm just eating not as much as tomatoes, potatoes, wheat and bananas as maybe I would without this book, just in case what he says is true. I just eat some when I feel to.

• 3 months later...

Hy!

Actually i do not believe in blood-type diet either but i dont know a lot about it. I am O, and i never thought about being meet-eater or vegetarian just because of my blood type. I think there are hardly any vegetarian who became it, because this blood type thing....

so

Actually i do not now what is the difference between organic and non organic bananas. I eat what i buy in the supermarket, they are from south america mostly. I consider them raw of course, arent they?

The only regret I have about bananas is that we can't grow them locally here! By themselves, with peanut putter on them (damn that's good), frozen and blended into "banana ice cream" - so many ways to enjoy them! I also use them in a decent amount of baking (I've had so many omni friends go on about how they can't believe my brownies aren't vegan...the secret ingredient is banana).