Soreness aids?

I have a question about soreness. I went rock climbing for the first time and and super sore today. I actually really like the feeling. What i was wondering was does anyone here take anything besides multivitamins for soreness? Topical cremes?

I am gearing up to start a new phase of my training and can anticipate soreness often. Is this just something that people get use to? I wanted to climb again today but i am realistically stiff today. I think perhaps warming up a bit more before the exercise would help as well.

Thanks for any input guys i appreciate it.

if you melt about 1oz cocoa butter and stir in 15 -20 drops each of essential clove oil and cinnamon oil then put it in a mold and let it harden in your refrigerator, makes a good topical relief, this stuff is also pretty good, http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFront/default.asp?CS=vegane&StoreType=BtoC&Count1=917980372&Count2=835120797&Keyword=hemp+muscle+balm&Target=products.asp&Submit1.x=0&Submit1.y=0 and much cheaper and more vegan friendly than tiger balm

If you can, soak in a bath with Epsom salts. I find drinking lots of water helps too. I'm not sure if it's your arms or legs that hurt, but doing cardio and exercising your muscles will keep them from getting stiff and will help break up the lactic acid.

Multivitamins won't do diddly squat. Nothings gonna work better than icing ASAP after a hard workout. World Class lifters and sprinters take baths in ice 3-5 times a week after hard workouts...that really is the best thing to minimize the next days pain. I used to take them 2-3 times a week for 20-30 minutes in water under 40 degrees. It does wonders. Just fill your tub with cold water and buy two 20lbs bags of ice and you're good to go. Topical creams only cover up the pain...and they don't really allow your muscles to heal.

If you compete for a major college sports program you actually have little choice. I started taking them in HS but I still remember just starting up in college and watching the skinny distance runners practically being forced in by our coach who just kept adding ice to the water.