Happy to find a fun place to talk....

Jason

Welcome. Quite an inspiration weight loss story!

What kind of cardio did you enjoy doing to assist in weight loss and feeling good? How much did you do per week or was it just dieting?

Were you an omni at 360lbs or a veg or vegan?

How much lbm are you looking to put on? Once you start weight training, focus on your measurements more so than your bodyweight. You can gain a lot of muscle when you first start training and when you look at the scale, it may frighten you if you stay the same weight or even gain a couple of lbs. But as long as your waist is staying the same size, etc, don't think about it....

Great story, pleasure to have you here.

Welcome!

It would be great if you would tell us more of how you have been eating and trainíng.

If you have pics where you're holding a really large pair of trousers, it would be fun too.

Big Kahuna, I don't recall seeing your age posted. I've worked with a number of patients who have lost 100+ pounds and have noticed that the younger ones definitely have more elasticity in their skin. However, much of this is also genetic.

I was at a competition recently and one of the men in the 50+ age group obviously (to me) had experienced a large weight loss. I don't believe he had any surgery but could have benefited from a "tummy tuck." Otherwise, the rest of his body looked great. I think it's difficult to look good at an underweight or average weight after a large weight loss - due to the skin changes. Bodybuilding is therefore a wonderful way to maintain a healthy lean body mass while filling in areas that previously contained fat.

Good luck with your goals. You've done an impressive job so far!

Hey DV,

I am 34.

Unfortunately, my body type is such that my fat collects mostly in my lower gut and sides. It is more doughy fat then the hard beer belly type. Funny thing is, my legs look like they are 3% BF. I am hoping that muscle building will fill some space but I think my lower gut is doomed.

I have the same problem amigo, my arms and face look half decent, my legs are roughly acceptable. But my stomach and sides are totally unacceptable. However, it is possible to deal with it, I did used to be slim and veiny when I worked out more, I'm aiming for that again by cutting down what I eat, and hitting the gym as much as is physically possible

You may see better results than you expect. If it took 3 years to lose the fat then I'd bet you can be patient with putting on muscle. You may not be too old to bounce back somewhat.

As for surgery, it's great that you will wait until you put on some muscle and lose more fat. I believe the best results are seen when you get to your ideal physique - and then remove or change what cannot be changed by diet/exercise. I see many plastic surgery procedures where I'm convinced we should replace "body sculpting" with "fat sculpting."

Keep up the good work!