Hello!!!!

Gattoninja

Hello everybody!

My name is Samantha, I live in Turin, Italy, and I am VERY VERY VERY happy about being here! I've been reading the forum for a while, and I think it's definitely great!!!! I couldn't wait to be a part of it! (By the way, thanx a lot, Robert!!!!)

I have been vegetarian for about 13 years (I'll be 33 in a few days), and lately I decided to take the big step and become a vegan!!!! Sometimes it's not very easy here, because when you say "I'm a vegan" people usually look at you with big eyes and ask "Where did you say you came from?????", and whan you explain what a vegan is, they imagine you as a depressed person who only eats salad or boiled carrots... But I don't mind and carry on with my ideas!!!

I've always been into sports, it's something I really love, and I would like to prove (like all of you in the forum are perfecly doing!) that even vegs can do sports and fitness and can be in perfect shape! I had to stop training some time ago because of a car accident, and I put on some weight (not because I was eating badly, but because of the medicines I was taking... ) and my muscles got a bit... blobby??? so now my aim is to get back in shape, and this site is helping me to find the strenght and the boost to do it properly! I'm so happy I found this site!

I hope to get to know many of you, it's always great getting to know people you share many ideas with!

Have a nice day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Welcome Samantha.

Great use of the smileys

I am not 100% certain on your furry friend but it seems like it is a siamese cat, yes?

That's a pretty funny way description of how others look at you when you say you're vegan, 'where are you from' ?? LOL

and don't knock the salad and boiled carrots in a depressed state, I love to lock myself in a dark room and sit in the corner and eat my salad and boiled carrots! Nahhhhh, I enjoy sunlight and I eat my veggies raw and I am a very happy person. How could you not be being veg.

Congrats on the bday coming up, let us know when and I can start a happy bday thread for you as we do for many over here.

Were you born in Italy? It sounds as if you lived somewhere else beforehand?

There are wonderful people on this forum. I have found much friendship and even found a soon to be training partner and have intentions on getting together with others soon. I'm sure you will love it here, VBBF grows on you

ciao

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, and thanx for the warm welcome!

I see we are loads from Europe, it sounds great! Have you ever heard about the VegFestival here in Italy? It's in my city, and I hope there is another edition this year. And, if there is, I hope to meet some of you! In this case, everyone who's coming down to Turin for the VegFestival is invited to my place for lunches and dinners! (Don't worry, there's a good hospital not far from my home... )

Welcome Samantha What sports did you compete in before???

I competed in gymnastics and volleyball, but a loooooooong time ago!!!!

Then I went into fitness, BB and martial arts, but I never competed... What about you?

Welcome Samantha.

I am not 100% certain on your furry friend but it seems like it is a siamese cat, yes?

Her name is Nut (short for Nutella... it's the chocolate & nuts cream, do you know it?), and she looks like a siamese, but she's a ragdoll. She's the only cat I ever had who wasn't found somewhere down a road in bad conditions... (If I kept all the animals I rescued I'd have hundreds and hundreds... fortunately I always found a home for them... well, nearly always... many are still with me or with my mum...) I think you know ragdolls in USA, don't you? They should be English but well known in the States as well. When I say "ragdoll" in Italy it's nearly like when I say "vegan", they just look at me as if I say I've got a transgenic cat!!!!!!

and don't knock the salad and boiled carrots in a depressed state, I love to lock myself in a dark room and sit in the corner and eat my salad and boiled carrots!

I do the same, but I also listen to some blues sad songs meanwhile, to feel more comfortable...

Congrats on the bday coming up, let us know when and I can start a happy bday thread for you as we do for many over here.

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'd be very happy about it!!!!!

It's the 23rd of May, next friday!

Were you born in Italy? It sounds as if you lived somewhere else beforehand?

Yes, I was born in Italy, but... I'm not very proud of it, I have to say!!!! I don't like Italians very much... (obviously people in this forum are excluded!!!!!! I'm sure they are different and great people!!! Seriously, if they are vegans, they must be different from the bunch!)

I lived abroad for quite a long time, in Spain and in London. I definitely LOVE England, and I hope I can get back very soon!!!!!

Anyway, how did you notice I lived somewhere else? I'm curious!

There are wonderful people on this forum. I have found much friendship and even found a soon to be training partner and have intentions on getting together with others soon. I'm sure you will love it here, VBBF grows on you

I really hope so, I would like to make many friends in here!

I've been watching the forum for some time, and I really like everyone here!

By the way, anybody who wants to contact me with messenger is welcome!!!!

The people who think vegan cuisine is depressing don't realize that it's putting meat into a recipe that makes it depressing. Remove the animal products, and there's all the freshness and life from the greens and fruits.

I definitely agree with you! It's true and wise!

Thanx again for all your welcome!