dropping in to say hello - NYC

Bambam

I have to say I'm very health conscious and I love helping others. I spent over 2 years building up my health on health forums with all sorts of health issues and in return I helped others along the way. Recently, I switched my lifestyle to Raw Foods, I dont like using labels because I am still transitioning. Let's just say I'm following a plant based diet. It's definately been a trip, I'm currently working on diet issues and I've been trying to build muscle at the same time, which has been difficult.

So I'm here looking to meet others who are Vegan and living healthier lifestyles through proper eating and excercise.

I'm currently thin at 125 pounds and I'm 5"9 in my thirties. I get it all the time...your so thin! I don't find it to be an issue but it certainly can't hurt to put on 10 pounds. On Raw I've actually lost weight, you could eat a ton and not put anything on.

Great to be here! I could use the support.

Edited by Bambam

Ronnie, glad to see you perked up and wrote an intro. Welcome to the forum.

It was an absolute pleasure hanging with you at the raw chocolate rave and it was because of you that I attended. I would have never met Tim, Phillip, Vanessa and so many other wonderful souls doing beautiful things and you too of course!

It may seem like you can eat a ton and not gain weight on raw but i'm telling you my friend it is calories in vs calories out. Eventually, I started to pack on weight being fully raw although there was a period of time that i became very thin, perhaps thinner than you are. But that was because i was doing a ton of fasting and stuff. Nowadays a healthy diet with enough calories to maintain and gain combined with a program to add lbm and what i like to call 'bulk up' and I have no problem keeping pounds on. In fact, I have to curb how much I eat in order to not gain too much.

I think you may just have a fast metabolism. Once you start to add an extra 500 cal a day and go up in progressions until you find yourself adding lbs, in addition to training, you will see that calories, be them cooked, fried, raw or processed will pack on lbs if you consume enough of them. And those same cals from any sort of food, if restricted, will cause you to lose.

Look forward to having you around and watching you grow. I want to see more lbm on you every time we meet up. You can do it, if you will yourself to...

Welcome! Great intro, lots of information there...

As I have told to many people already, I think one of the best ways to gain weight is to eat nuts. Loads of them. All the time. That way you can add 500kcal a day to your diet (like L&G suggested) with no effort at all!

Welcome! Great intro, lots of information there...

As I have told to many people already, I think one of the best ways to gain weight is to eat nuts. Loads of them. All the time. That way you can add 500kcal a day to your diet (like L&G suggested) with no effort at all!

Welcome Bam. To the comment above: when I eat more than just a handful or three a day I see a lot of the nut intake undigested in my poo. Its almost like watching a christmas episode of South Park.

hey for all u guys that high jacked my profile cheers! I got a kick out of that. Look dont expect serious posts from me as well!

So what s my excercise - getting out of bed and getting in bed, no for real weights, curls for arms and Im working on my chest. I walk to work - 15 minutes each way. I bike too. Now that the weather has warmed up I'll be hitting the tennis courts real soon!!

Don't expect body building terms cuz I don't know yet but I'm a fast learner.

I am glad that Jack, lean and green came out to a great raw party last week in town, he's great to hang with and knows his stuff.

I'll be eating more nuts as part of my plan, but makes me wonder if it's the right thing to do since it disagrees with 80/10/10 plan by Graham - the diet is too limiting in general.

And of course I'll be upping the banana uptake!!

BamBam! I didn't know you played tennis. I used to play every single day for years in hs and college for teams. I probably suck big time right now as i haven't played regularly since 2002 (maybe 5 times in total since then) but I could rally and it would be fun to hit the ball again. Whenever you want, just let me know. He could hit up those courts on the FDR drive, I would love that opportunity!

I could bike there and play some games with you and then we could cycle if you ride you bicycle there as well afterwards......

Thanks! I'm slowly upping the fruits, veges, and nuts and I will be hiting the gym and tennis courts more often.

Oh yeah I forgot to mention what the hell was wrong with me. After picking up the book Natural Cures by The famous cocky nut job Kevin Trudeau I realized that there were alternative methods to healing and that I was wasting my time with doctors. So thanks to him for opening up my eyes cuz if it wasnt for his cockiness I would be a sick dog. The various health forums were great even though I had to sif thru a lot of BS.

So what did I have?, What held me back why I'm slimm jim?

Light Eczema Acne Depression Mulitiple Chemical Sensitivities Candida Lactose Intolerant Gluten sensitivity brain fog

I've learned that there's is a cause and cure for every disease. I am my own doctor, naturally the Raw way.

I wish everyone could go back to nature cuz it really is a great place to be:)

Bambam