HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!

Vegan Joe

I LOVE MY MOMMY!

She wants a roast beef dinner tonight. I'm gonna cook it for her, and I'm gonna have baked tofu.

I did tell her I'd make her anything she wanted.

We still have 2 daughters and a grandaughter at home, and they know I will not cook any meat for them, or buy it. I offer to cook every now and them and they know it will not contain animal products. We are actually all OK with these arrangements. My wife wanted fish so one of our daughters is doing that. She is making fish with some brown rice and a salad so maybe I'll fry up some kidney beens with some, onions, garlic, and peppers to go with the rice.

I do feel for you though. Guess it goes back to that addage " Be careful what you ask for."

I LOVE MY MOMMY!

She wants a roast beef dinner tonight. I'm gonna cook it for her,

Right on Marcina. I know how hard that is to do. I did that for an omni I was serious with a yr ago and I know how hard it is to do. I went to the store, bought the shell steak and cooked it in onions. First meal I 'cooked' in a long time and the whole process made me feel naucious. But when you love someone, you do certain things you know they'll appreciate. She didn't even want it but just appreciated what I did and took some bitrs out of it. Afterwards, all she wanted was for me to cook vegetables for her.

I used to cook for my father when he was sick too but my parents knew how much it bothered me and didn't let me do it anymore, though I still insisted on helping to prep and stir fry veggies and such, that doesn't bother me one bit. They also don't let me carve their turkey at the dinner table but out of respect and politeness I still offer.

Good post VeganJoe; I was going to put a what did you do for your mother today post but this is just as good.

I planted all sorts of flowers for her and I also visited my grandmother's burial site. Pretty interesting that she rests right next to the one and only late Lucille Roberts.....

Oh and HAPPY MOMMA'S DAY to all!

Yes, it was difficult. It's been 3 years since I cooked roast beef and could barely remember how to do it. My mom ended up helping me, since she likes cooking and was bored. We set up the SNES but that was only entertaining for so long lol

Apparently she absolutely loved it cuz she told her mom about it, and her friends and sisters on the phone. I love when my mom brags about me

Awwws

I took my mom out to the bar the other night. They were having karaoke so I sang a few songs and dedicated em to her hehe. I was pretty popular that night! I sang 2 Bif songs and Rebel Yell. The rocker boys thought I was cute, and the host called me "Bif".

A fun night.

I love entertaining.

I wished my Mom a Happy Mother's Day, but didn't do anything special. I think it's more important to be a good daughter, or son to your parents during the year. This I'm sure parents will appreciate just as much as doing something nice for them on one day. But my Mom did get a nice surprise, she checked her bank account last night, and she got a refund from the U.S. Treasury department. So I guess she kind of did get an unexpected gift.

I wished my Mom a Happy Mother's Day, but didn't do anything special. I think it's more important to be a good daughter, or son to your parents during the year. This I'm sure parents will appreciate just as much as doing something nice for them on one day. But my Mom did get a nice surprise, she checked her bank account last night, and she got a refund from the U.S. Treasury department. So I guess she kind of did get an unexpected gift.

I like to think I'm always a good daughter.. Well.. Most of the time. The past couple of weeks my mom and I have been arguing a lot because I'm trying to find time to move out while I'm working my new job full time. I need to be out soon cuz my sister's having a baby. Anyways, everyone was on edge, and things got pretty ugly.