i'm gonna be buff!

It's funny......we gather together for Vegan Vacation to train together but rarely make it to the gym! We got off to a great start with the midnight workout when you arrived and the group workout with Octo and company but we gotta get back at it soon!

Granted...we have been hiking, going rafting, etc. so just different types of training.

You'll be back on traaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack soon

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

today was my first day back at home. What a vacation!!!!! It was absolutely and utterly more than i could have ever expected. so i will forgive myself for being so off track. i learned so much about food and the way othe rvegans eat. sooooo interesting. however cardio all but went out the window and protein gave way to fats......oh well. weight is the same give or take a pound and i will be back in the gym tomorrow hard core, most likely with lean and green who is coming to visit me. i am super excited.

I am thinking of experimenting with a new type of diet, but i will have to talk to veggieprincess first.....by the way....how are you doing on your awray ietday?

I'll probably call you sometime this week.

I am thinking of experimenting with a new type of diet, but i will have to talk to veggieprincess first

Do you need her approval for your dietary choices?

Yes it's always good to ask for an opinion to your vegan personal trainer and nutritionist.

She's getting the results she wants.

I am thinking of experimenting with a new type of diet, but i will have to talk to veggieprincess first

Do you need her approval for your dietary choices?

no zack. obviously, but i appreciate her input....i pay her for it. punk.

so, giacomo (L&G) and i trained legs last night.....and lets just say that I DONT KNOW WHAT I WAS THINKING AGREEING TO DO HIS WORKOUT WITH HIM! He annihilated me! And he YELLED AT ME! and all i did was whine the whole time. and i can barely walk.....we did like 30ish sets of legs, and not wimpy ones either....and he kept pushing me down on the last rep of each set....jerk......but at the end of it, i was pretty proud of myself and i GUESS, he's not a jerk....he's aiiight in my book i suppose

JUICEFEASTING IS THE NAME OF THE GAME ON THIS BOARD LATELY! so i figure why the hell not? leanandgreen did such an awesome job and basically everyone doing a juice feast right now is someone i feel is intelligent when it somes to nutrition and everyone seems to have their own little twist on it so i guess i can too. I am going to put my usual diet on the back burner for a bit and try it. i am only doing 7 days (maybe 8???) mostly to see how my body responds to it (and to drop the 3 lbs or so that ofund me since vacation started) and how i feel while i'm doing it. I will still be comsuming lotsa protein with gemma powder ( and a small bit of algae.... ) and i will not be paying attention to calories much...in fact i'd rather consume too much than not enough...we'll see....

i'm not really sure what my goals are anymore....they were to drop bf, and i have (although i'm not sure of the exact amount) but i feel like i will be too small if i lose much more fat without gaining some muscle to take it's place. so i may drop bf a bit more then put on some muscleweight and drop again.....???? i'm still deciding. whatever i do, i don't want to do it too quickly, because although it is instantly gratifying, i fell that it is difficult to maintain an erratic body....but thats just me.

hopefully i'll learn something here.

Go Dani Go! Don't forget about me too Natashie Washie. I'm doing it with Dani as well for support. Day 2, blender was on spin cycle blending greensl thought of yoiu Also darthvegan and megan as well.

We're going to break it together on the way to the ARC together to work the vbbf and vega booths. How cool is that? Some solid fruits first and foremost and then perhaps some prepped food later on or the next day. It's only for 7 days, no need to get crazy with coming off it plus I want to make a nice raw food meal mmmmmmmmmmmm

OMG I just watch Two on Two off... you have to post the bull Giacomo PLEEEASE !!! Also I really like that picture of me when we were all snuggled up in Robert's car on our way to Isaac's potluck.. There's tons more I would like to see. But we didn't have time to exchange ours.

Spin cycle awwww.com Well I thought of you, when I made my green blended drink with a bunch of collard, red chard, one apple, lemon, celery, and half a cucumber. And today I'm going to think of you when I'm blending 4 bananas, bunch of romaine, celery and fresh basil... Freaking YUM !

I wished Robert put me in his hot new red suit case with sweet rims. But he left me here instead

I could of partake in this juice event with you both ! Well I'll just have to imagine me there with all of you wonderful people

i did biceps today and i finished with 20lb dbs! woo hoo! i was pretty proud of myself. never done that before, figured i'd try...only about 4 reps/ arm, but i did a set of 10 with 17.5 right before that. sweet. also my legs are still pretty sore but i managed to get about 25 minuted of cardio on the elliptical with low resistance, just faster pedaling.

this is day 3 of just juices and blends and i felt like i was eating a lot (veggiepriness would cry if she saw all the fruit! ) but i'm down 3 lbs in 3 days.....so.......? we'll see how the rest of the week goes....

i did biceps today and i finished with 20lb dbs! woo hoo! i was pretty proud of myself. never done that before, figured i'd try...only about 4 reps/ arm, but i did a set of 10 with 17.5 right before that. sweet. also my legs are still pretty sore but i managed to get about 25 minuted of cardio on the elliptical with low resistance, just faster pedaling.

this is day 3 of just juices and blends and i felt like i was eating a lot (veggiepriness would cry if she saw all the fruit! ) but i'm down 3 lbs in 3 days.....so.......? we'll see how the rest of the week goes....

got dem GOOD OLE carbs working for you.

Wow!

Have I been M.I.A. for a long time or what???

A new love? Juice Feasting? Too much fruit?? (ha, ha... just kidding on that last one)

I totally support what your doing! Sounds like your doing a modified juice feast and still getting your protein shakes in. Love it.

I am doing less raw now. I do a raw shakes for Meals 1 and sometimes Meal 4 and try to do some raw veggies but when I was trying to do too much raw I felt really really sick and not myself and I know, that's how a lot of people are supposed to feel at first and getting the toxins out, etc. But I had so much digestion trouble and pain and discomfort that I scaled way back. Let me know how it works out for you! Maybe I'll try it again sometime.

I love that your lifting so heavy. Definitely the way to go with where your body is at now. Heavy lifts with less reps.

Call me or email me with how your plan is working out and what your doing exactly. Sorry I've been away for awhile.

hahaha. thanks zack. i wouldn't worry about that too much.

so yesterday was day 5 of this juicefeast and i felt like crap, until i went and did some cardio outside and then i felt great! and then i had so much energy that i didn't know what to do with it!

doing just juice today. kinda nervous about it as it's 8:45 am and i'm already hungry....oh well. i'll try anything once!

only 3 days left then i get to see L&G (hahaha) and break the feast together! awwwwww.com

• 2 weeks later...

the good- my juice feast ended me at 123 lbs (which is the lowest I've ever been) and i felt great the whole time with the execption of the day that i did just juice, no blends, no protein....maybe my body just wasn't ready for it? I don't know, but i didn't like it. i felt great the rest of the time.

the bad- due to a bunch of crappy events leading up to the end of my juice feast (think: 12 hours in car, tire changing on i-95 at 4 am and no sleep whatsoever before the Animal Rights Conference in D.C) I ended up not breaking me feast correctly, went kinda overboard with the eating (like homemade raw chocolate at 3a.m. GIACOMO! )and now am back up to a good ole 129. dammit. that was fast. I think a lot of it is water as i have been heavy on the salt and i feel super bloated. i feel like i'm made out of jello. yuck. i NEED to fix this!

I have been busy with traveling and getting ready to move in oct all while trying to save money and fitness has slipped to the wayside and it's driving me bonkers! It is definately time for a change in diet although I'm not quite sure what i want to do. Due to some influence of Lean and Green I have been experimenting with a high raw diet. I like is just fine, but the amount of fat (allbeit good-for-you fat) makes me feel CRAPPY...tatses awesome though. The gemma that i usually consume has been makeing me feel even more bloated, so i bought a pound of hemp protein today and i'm gonna try using it all day tomorrow. i hope it works because i just like the idea of it so much more that a procesed isolate, you know? I've pretty much cut all grains out of my diet over the past month (with the exception of the grilled shreese sandwhich here or there ). I think i can count the number of times i've had any starchy carbs over the past month on my hands. and ive been eating a lot more fruit, which i enjoy a whole lot more.

its all an experiment though. but then again, it always is.

need to fix my training routine stat! I feel my muscles melting away!!!!!!!

Keep experimenting! It's the only way you'll figure out what works for you. I went 99% raw for a month last year, high protein (with isolates), high protein (without isolates), high carb, low carb, high fat and low fat. I've come to the conclusion that many things CAN work for me but it all comes down to calories in/out for overall weight/mass and low sodium/low isolate to control bloat and blood pressure. Of course, nothing controls abdominal bloat when bulking, IMO.

I found that when it came to a high raw diet, the bulk of my calories came from more 'gourmet' high fat foods (which were also very high in omega 6 fatty acids and saturated fats, for the most part). I found gourmet high raw to be fun but low fat high raw to be not so much fun. It was too much juicing and chewing for my taste - but you may enjoy it more than I did.

You'll pick up where you left off when you have more time to work out. Sometimes life gets in the way!

DV is so right, sometimes life gets in the way. Just last week I felt awful, and quite unmotivated because of various stuff going on in my life. The first thing that it affected of course was my time at the gym. Then when I felt like going I started not feeling so good. At least you are eating well, that's the area that I need to desperately improve upon.

SODIUM HOW YOU MOCK ME! BAH! The high raw diet has still been happening. Its not so bad, but this FREAKING slald dressing that i am currently having an affair with (Miso Tahinii--possibly the new love of my life) has been bloating the hell out of me! I cut the miso in half and upped the vinegar AAAAAAAAAND started drinking over a gallon of water daily, so hopefully that will help. still doing some isolates as i have no other options yet. everything else is raw. Still a little iffy bout my feelings on it thus far, but it definately hasn't been bad. All a learning experience.

I'm very number oriented when it comes to my food and i have been on such a clear cut plan for so long that i have kind of felt like a kid in a candy store for the past month or so and that HAS GOT TO STOP! and it will. lifes just hectic thats all. I've put a few pounds on, but there is good news:

I think alot of it was actually muscle. yesssssssss!

I have started this new system of training (courtesy of DV) which is specifically to increase stregth with HEAVY weights (for me anyway) and low reps (4-6) as my first exercise for whatever muscle group I'm training followed by 4 exercises in an 8-10 rep range (all to failure) all it is like WHOA! Man I am SOOOOORE. I can't tell if its because it is so hardcore or because ive slacked so much lately, but either way, I'm loving it.

Life is still hectic with the moving across the whole freaking country and all, so i'm sure i wont be at 100% til we get there, but i aim to be pretty damn close. when i dont work out and eat right, i feel crappy. if i feel crappy (physically or mentally) then i get nothing accomplised. if i get nothing accomplished, then i'll never be ready to move. if i never move, well...you get the point.