i'm gonna be buff!

Since July, i have managed to put on about 10 pounds give or take. its not the end of the world, but it is very frustrating because i was THISCLOSE to my goals (although it is kinda nice to have boobs again HAHAHAHA!)...so NOW i have to drop back down to where i was and tear it up until i'm there agina and then i'll start bulking up. hopefully that will be around the time Giacomo's competetionis over and we can kind of do it together.

I had been doing high raw up until this week. It was fun and delicious, but for some reason it wasn't working well for me at this moment in time. I'm sure i'll try it again at some point down the road, it would be easier to try living with a raw foodist i bet, but you should see Giacomo and I when we're together around food.....its amazing how we can eat-especially together....its hilarious. a show in and of itself, i swear.

so basically I'm back to a similar diet plan to the one that Melissa has had me on and although it's less fun, i'm not gonna deny that it works. not for one second. its a miracle worker if i have the will power, which i'm hoping that i do.

trying something different lately as far as my workouts go. so far i am LOVING IT! I can feel myself getting stronger. i've been working one body part per week.

day 1-legs

day 2-biceps/triceps

day 3-back

day 4-shoulders

day 5-chest

I've been trying to get more cardio in because i have slacked on it lately. The weather here is beautiful so i'm trying to take as much of it in as possible before i got to grey grey portland. I am tired of low intesity cardio, so i am trying to do higher intensity cardio in addition to it. I have no endurance whatsoever and i HATE IT, so i am trying to change that. I ran (don't laugh at me) 2 miles today! I can run for longer than that on a treadmill, but i dont think i've ever done it on the ground before, so i was really happy about it. THEN I went to the gym to do chest.

Flat BB Press

45x10 (warmup)

70x6

70x6

75x3.5

70x6 (why could i do six again with 70 and only 3.5 with 75 )

70x4.5

Cable Crossover

12x10 (/side)

15x10

15x10

Incline DB Press

20x10

20x10

22.5x10 (guess next week i'll go much heavier here if i'm finishing higher than i started)

Pec Deck

35x10

35x10

45x8 (ditto)

Decline Press

My gym only has one decline bench and there was this guy who was showing no sign of being done anytime soon, so i was trying to find a way to replicate it. there was a michine which felt like crap, then i tried pushups-that was not happening....THEN i went to the decling bench that people usually do abs on and carried a 45 lb pound baody bar to it and climbed on it then tried to hoist it up on top of me....it was funny and everyone lokoed at me like i was crazy. but i did it anyway )

45x10

45x10

45x8

hmmmm....any other huge achievements....????I can curl 20 lb DBs and i feel like i"m literally thisclose to being able to do a few pullups on my own.....hopefully if i drop this pesky 10 pounds.....

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great workout!!!

I'm glad you put on weight if your breasts got larger - a sure sign, IMO, that you were too thin before!!!

I realize that you've lost weight in the past, but I really think you need to put some more on (mostly lean mass) before cutting again. You appear to be normal/thin for your build and I would bet you'd reach your goal if you first bulk up (which will really increase your metabolism) and THEN worry about cutting/toning/etc. I know you're not looking to compete but training as though you will can really transform your body, IMO.

I was wondering how the high raw diet would go for you. I would not be surprised if it had something to do with your weight gain ( I gained 5 lbs, mostly fat, when I did it 18 months ago - of course I had to do gourmet raw so it was seriously high in calories, but tasty).

I'm looking forward to seeing you two soon. When does Giacomo compete?

I really enjoyed eating high raw, but i was trying to stay away from gourmet foods towards the end and something just wasn't satiating me (maybe just mentally, but that matters too dammit!) so i went back to the old way. my plan right now is to drop back to where i was ojnly about 7 more pounds, because i feel like almost everything i gained was fat and then i want to bulk up probably to about 140-145 of mostly muscle before cutting down again. this bulking cutting thing is something i've never really done before and try as i might, i still have that girl mentality that is kind of petrified of gaining weight....gotta get over that STAT!

as for giacomo i'm not sure when he'll compete, november pehaps....?

When you come to Portland you can do hill repeats with me at Mt Tobar.

That and I can take you on a long hilly ride.

And be careful not to dig in on all of those wonderful gourmet raw foods Giacomo prepares !

You'll drop 10 lbs in a week

Do you know how much i am looking forward to learning how to ride a bike???!!! A LOT! maybe we could start with some flat straight aways first please and you have to promise not to laugh at me! I must look so awkward. but i can't wait to ride with you!!! I'm pumped!

I never really understood the bulking and cutting and the benefits. Does it mean that when you gain all that weight. Will you cut it down to muscle and shed the weight off?

OMG I won't laugh at you. How can I laugh at someone who's trying out something new. I think it would be so much fun riding with you. I'm so proud of you Dani don't feel discourage or if you're fatiguing. You'll be just fine sweetie !

The only person I laughed not even laughed at but laughed with is Robert. But I was only laughing at him because we couldn't pump his tires up at home because his spokes were in the way. Anyways he was riding downtown with two flat tires and I was way ahead of him. I looked behind me hen I stopped to wait up for him. OMG so funny when he was just pushing it. He reminded me of the witch on the Wizard of Oz. dundadunda dundadunda daudadunda I was mostly laughing because he was so happy. Huge smile on his face and he couldn't stop smiling.

I bet that's what you're going to look like on a bike. Even I still am.

I now get these kinda facial expression climbing up hills.

Look at this facial expression.

http://photos-a.ak.facebook.com/photos-ak-sf2p/v104/21/82/505892461/n505892461_85248_2520.jpg

This is a picture of a girl who races for giant, I know from back home. She is amazing !

it definitely takes time to build up endurance. I''ve almost been running a year now, and the furthest I've ever run was like 6.5 miles before the humidity came in summer. Now I'm only running between 2-4.5 miles during the heat. If you want to get better at something just continue to do it and you'll evenetually get better.

LOOK AT ALL THIS SUPPORT! you guys rock! I can picture you with that face tashie. BADASS! i wouldn't wanna mess with you on a bike! and i probably would have laughed at robert too....that sounds really funny.

Marcina, i totally grew up in second hand smoke too! Its amazing how the people who love us more than anything can do that huh? oh well. yeah when i was in 8th grade and we had to run a mile as some kind of physical test, i all but came in dead least at about 13.5 minutes. it was torture and it was wholly embarrassing, so i know all about no endurance. why do they DO that kids. there's gotta be a better way.

6.5 miles HAYLEY???? Holy crap! Man, girl, you can bust it out when you have to huh? 6.5 mile runs, 300 lb leg press....youre pretty damn impressive in my book.

Do you run Zack?

Well it was an awfully slow run, lol, but I did finish! Everyone thats been running for a long time keeps telling me its not about how fast its more about if you finish. So I guess as long as a person finishes their run they're doing ok. I've also only run 6.5 once, and that was back in late April, before the humidity came.

Edited by hsorlando

This is what my triathlon coach gave to me. We focused on this technique. Forum and proper breathing techniques are important when you're running.

We all called my coach chi

I'll let you down load it off my computer when you get here

http://www.chirunning.com/shop/home.php

or there's this one that's super helpful too

http://www.mytreadmilltrainer.com/

We should join a running group. I'd be super fun to go with a great friend

I'm back to a similar diet plan to the one that Melissa has had me on and although it's less fun, i'm not gonna deny that it works. not for one second. its a miracle worker if i have the will power, which i'm hoping that i do.

Why thank you.... I hear ya... I also have experimented the past couple months with different training and different diets and gained lots of fat as a result of it..... but I"m back to the old tried and true!

As far as the diet being less fun... girl, I remember your food logs, and you made the plan way funner and more lenient than I could have ever gotten away with and you still lose fat on it, which is actually very unfair!!! (i.e. veggie burgers and cliff builder bars everyday if I recall.... I wish I could get away with that... although Seitan burritos have become my best friend but only once a day for me! Then lots and lots of Gemma! I'm going through a phase where I can't even look at Hemp protein though. Everyday I open my cupboard and see two new containers sitting there and go... "maybe next meal"... "maybe the next meal"... They've been unopened for a month and a half. ha, ha.

• 2 weeks later...

I RODE A BIKE TODAY! all the way from brooklyn into manhattan. last week i rode about a mile or two. yesterday i rode about 3.5 miles and today was a giant jump to fifteen miles and it felt like hell after about ten miles or so, but i did it. and i was very proud of yself (and it was low intensity Melissa!) it was fun and i at first i was scared shitless, but by the end of it i wasn't really scared at all, just sore. we had fun. not bad for a first real bike ride. in new york city. hahaha. hopefully i'll have a bike of my own fairly shortly because so far i really like it a lot. and i would love to cycle with my poooooooortlaaaaaaannnnnd friends. (tashie)

weight lifting ahs been really good lately. i am getting much much stronger which is AWESOME! however, i still feel like a fat cow, but i know that it's completely my own doing. stress, food, lack of time, blah blah blah makes dani FAT! but i guess you gotta eat to build muscle, so i'm just lifting as heavy as possible while i'm heavier in the hopes that some of this extra food will help me grow muslce, and based on the numbers i'm lifting i think its working. ( I deadlifted 135 for 2 reps last week!!!!!!) so i know that when life is settled and i have the mindset to really focus on cutting down carefully that i should be pleasantly surprised to reveal this muscle i'm building!!!!

......but in the meantime i just feel like a cow. dumb girls.......

fat cow

" title="Applause" />

i hate you.....really.....really....hate.

You were everything I wanted.

You were everything a girl could be.

Then you left me brokenhearted

Now you don't mean a thing to me

All I wanted was your

Love love love love love love

Hate is a strong word

But I really really really don't like you

Now that it's over

I don't even know what I liked about you

Brought you around

And you just brought me down.

Hate is a strong word.

But I really really really don't like you.

I really don't like you.

Thought that everything was perfect

Isn\'t that how it's supposed to be?

Thought you thought that I was worth it

Now I think a little differently

All I wanted was your

Hate is a strong word

Now that it's over

Brought you around

And you just brought me down

Hate is a strong word

Now that it\'s over you can't hurt me

Now that it\'s over you can't bring me down

Oh... oh... oh... oh oh oh oh oh

Oh... oh... oh... oh oh oh oh oh

All I wanted was your

Hey!

Hate is a strong word

(I really don't like you)

Now that it's over

(Liked about you)

Brought you around

And you just brought me down

(Hey!)

Hate is a strong word

Oh... oh... oh... oh oh oh

I really don't like you

I really don't like you

I really don't like you

I RODE A BIKE TODAY! all the way from brooklyn into manhattan. last week i rode about a mile or two. yesterday i rode about 3.5 miles and today was a giant jump to fifteen miles and it felt like hell after about ten miles or so, but i did it. and i was very proud of yself (and it was low intensity Melissa!) it was fun and i at first i was scared shitless, but by the end of it i wasn't really scared at all, just sore. we had fun. not bad for a first real bike ride. in new york city. hahaha. hopefully i'll have a bike of my own fairly shortly because so far i really like it a lot. and i would love to cycle with my poooooooortlaaaaaaannnnnd friends. (tashie)

weight lifting ahs been really good lately. i am getting much much stronger which is AWESOME! however, i still feel like a fat cow, but i know that it's completely my own doing. stress, food, lack of time, blah blah blah makes dani FAT! but i guess you gotta eat to build muscle, so i'm just lifting as heavy as possible while i'm heavier in the hopes that some of this extra food will help me grow muslce, and based on the numbers i'm lifting i think its working. ( I deadlifted 135 for 2 reps last week!!!!!!) so i know that when life is settled and i have the mindset to really focus on cutting down carefully that i should be pleasantly surprised to reveal this muscle i'm building!!!!

......but in the meantime i just feel like a cow. dumb girls.......

OMG Dani. I'm so proud of you That's so awesome !!! I can't wait to ride with my girlfriend !!! We can train together !