i'm gonna be buff!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TASHA I CANT WAIT!!!!! I am probably gonna be really busy this week. I'm interviewing people all week. I'm in charge of hiring the whole front of house staff

can we say PETRIFYING????

Robert are you gonna be back for my birthday? The 16th? We better all be doin something fun! Giacomo and I are STILL waking up to your raging bicep and smiling face every morning on our bedroom ceiling. (It's amazing how he didnt really think that was weird at all.......???)

Working, training, working, training, working, training....you get the idea.

I'm loving it.

Nice!

You are both so busy!

Feb 16th? I should be around

I get back on Thursday.......though would love to stay in Hawaii longer................glad the giant poster of me on your ceiling isn't freaking people out too much

I don't think it's weird either....in fact many people probably have giant Robert Cheeke posters on their ceilings too.

Have fun working..............I'm sure the hiring process will be a great learning experience, one that will help you in many areas of life.

All the best!

awwww tashie. i love posting on this forum, just wish i had more time.

last week was a busy week for me. I missed 3 days of cardio, so i had to 90 minutes fri, sat and sunday.....whoa. but i did it and i was pretty proud of myself. and i did an hour last night also, and again tonight, blah blah blah. I decided to not count the hooping as cardio (i mean it is absolutely cardio-no question) because i dont want it to feel like work or something i HAVE to do....but there's been PLENTY of that of late too. My lifts have been awesome imho. last night while i was doing 30lb db shoulder press, thiss girl was doing ball crunches just looking at me all starry eyed like "girls rock" haha. it was a good feeling, especially where i had been feeling so down about myself for quite a while. I was wearing my cow-hugger shirt and giacomo was spotting me in a vegan fitness team tank. it was pretty cool. then giacomo ACTUALLY DID CARDIO WITH ME ...ok only for 20 minutes, but whatever. thats 20 minutes that i had someone to talk to.

works going well so far. tons of reponsibily. and lots of beer tasting.......lots and lots of beer tasting......yikes.

• 4 weeks later...

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!~ You just walked out the door with giacomo and i am CRACKING UP! TOO FUNNY! oh man Tasha I freaking love you!

aaaaaaaaaanyway, i havent written in this in too long, but its because i havent had too much to say, but i am happy to announce that i am nearly 100% back on track! yeah melissa, measuring everything out and blah blah blah.

I have lost a total of 10 pounds since january which is cool but i have about another ten to go until im satisfied, but ive been really consistant and its paying off FINALLY! i keep bitching about how i feel so fat and gross compared to how i felt this passed summer but i feel like i am a lot stronger than i was then, so i guess all they hype about bulking to get stronger is in fact true. yeah i put on more than i would have liked, but its all a big experiment i suppose. Its funny how being at 17% bf for so long made 22% feel like a whale. I guess thats really speaks about how far i've come since before i got into fitness and health i was about 40% bf. whoa. but i cant wait to be back to around 18%. That'd be nice.

I've been mixing up workouts a lot lately. With my new job working me around the clock (literally nearly 80 hours/week) I was having a hard time finding a groove for my health. (16 hour shifts with nor breaks definately lead to eating french fries at midnight )

But i'm finally back to packing my cooler in the morning and protein shakes up the wazoo. Its still more calories than i was eating in the summer, but i'm also more active (i've been mixing up the cardio too) and i'm also bigger and need to eat more. Hopefully it'll drop in about a month. I'm really enjoying watching the scale go down. and its kind of fun because Giacomo is cutting for his competetion (YB?) so we're both restricting and we get freaking miserable about it sometimes and act like two feral cats at each other. then i just think about why we're so bitchy and then i laugh. on the plus side--I SHARE MY LIVING QUARTERS WITH A HOT VEGAN BODYBUILDER WHOSE GETTING SHREDDED BEFORE MY VERY EYES!!!.....so there's really not much to complain about. heehee.

i love my life.

oh. p.s. zack's way super hot too. and i'm s dirty lil skank for saying so--and thats ok.

:lachmal:

HAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA!~ You just walked out the door with giacomo and i am CRACKING UP! TOO FUNNY! oh man Tasha I freaking love you!

I laughed so hard at this too... I'm glad to share it with you.

And I freaking love you.. You're so beautiful Dani, you look absolutely amazing. You're a hard core strong a$$ chick.. Thanks for everything.. Thank-You for being you and always being by my side. I couldn't be ever more grateful as to have you in my life.

oh. p.s. zack's way super hot too. and i'm s dirty lil skank for saying so--and thats ok.

Oh yes so super hot !!! I tell him this all the time. But he told me to get lost and find someone my own age.

Well up yours you brat ! Tell him I said that.

>:-)

Edited by Tasha

and i'm s dirty lil skank for saying so--and thats ok.

When I read this I literally burst out in laughter. I think a tear came dripping down my face as well. Chica gimme permission to quote you in my sig! Pretty pretty please.

Permission granted! I'm flattered that my self-degradation is so amusing. but i digress--from zacks hotness which is fo' realz.

Lets see some new pictures girly!!!

I may or may not have some pictures up in the near future. i have certainly fallen from fit since the last pictures i posted (in august?) and am just now starting to get any semblance of confidence back. baby steps. baby steps

I laughed so hard at this too... I'm glad to share it with you.

And I freaking love you.. You're so beautiful Dani, you look absolutely amazing. You're a hard core strong a$$ chick.. Thanks for everything.. Thank-You for being you and always being by my side. I couldn't be ever more grateful as to have you in my life.

oh tashie. you may just be the sweetest friend on EARTH! I adore you and am very lucky to have you so dear to me Thanks for being so awesome all the time. ....and youre right--zack is a brat.....despite his sweet'n'sexy bod. sigh

He's gonna kill me.....

I hit my mini goal this sunday which means that i've lost 11 pounds since feb 15th. sweet. and i went out and bought myself a cute workout outfit because joey has in fact eaten all of my others, so i've just been wearing sweats--which is all good, but sometimes i have to feel cute goddammit. i was really happy about it. Giacomo and i spent about 2 hours in the gym. I did back and biceps while he literally spent two hours on his rear delts. i shit you not.

my workout went like this.

RepsxSets@poundage

DB bicep Curls 3x10-12 @ 17.5, 22.5 (only 9 here), 25

Assisted Pullups 3x8@100, 90, 100

Bent Leg Deadlift 3x10@65, 65, 65

One Arm DB Row 3x12@25, 27.5, 30

CloseGrip Lat Pulldown 3x10@70, 70, 70

BBCurl -used a 20lb bar, and did 10 reps, counted to 10, did 9 reps, counted to 9, did 8 reps, etc, etc, to one<---OUCH!

Back Xtn 3x15 with 10 lb plate

Seated Row 3x10 60, 60, 60

Hammer Curl 3x10 7.5, 10, 10 and i did one more set for my left arm only at 10 pounds

30 minutes treadmill

30 minutes bike

My left bicep is significantly weaker than my right.....and my biceps just suck overall in my opinion, any suggestions???

Diet has been great. probably not eating enough, but for right now thats ok for my goals. I've been keeping the protein really high, so hopefully i wont lose too much muscle.

I am hanging with Giacomo today. I love my "boyfriend maintenance" days.

I am hanging with Giacomo today. I love my "boyfriend maintenance" days.

See what you did BVP!!!! She was looking over my head when I was reading your email Dramaaaaaaaaa

You looked hot btw Dani yest. If another flock of men go all at once to the water fountain everytime you do the second you do, i'll flip.

Oh and also those two kisses UNACCETABLE....

NO

KISISNG

IN

BODYBUILDING

how many times do i have to tell you!

My left bicep is significantly weaker than my right.....and my biceps just suck overall in my opinion, any suggestions???

I bring a large weight in my bag and use it several times a day on my weaker arm if I'm out. I leave it next to my desk and do as many reps here and there throughout the day. I do some to my other arm too. Then I consciously use the weaker arm for as much as possible, scrubbing, groceries, etc.,

I read recently that really, really high weight (and 15 is my tolerance for curls now) and very, very slow, squeezing, and then low reps works wonders and it appears to be doing the trick.

Yeah for you! I bet you look supreme!

Yah, my protein is high, calories too low. But I'm either getting stronger or lighter, because I'm able to do real push ups now, they were wimpy before. Now I'm working on one armed, first by staying in a plank on one arm to build up to it.

Also, flexing all day. Bicep flexing on both arms, holding, that appears to help. I also do tricep stuff in the chair in addition to the other stuff. Only home stuff, zip time or money right now for the gym.

So happy for you both. Yes, watering the plant is my term for "boyfriend maintenance" gotta water...

So sick today, going to take a day off to rest tomorrow.

thanks dropsoul! I think when i train biceps, i'm just gonna add an extra set for each excedrise just for my left arm. its funny, left tricep, left side of chest and back are all just fine....just the bicep. its even weirder because i do most of my lifting at work with my left hand....? oh and CONGRATS ON THE PUSHUPS! I was just telling LnG today how ive really let my pushup goals slide over the past year. oh well.

we hammered chest today. I also did tris.

workout looked like this:

Flat BB Wide Grip 3x10 @55, 65, 65

Flat BB Close Grip 3x8@ 55, 55, 45 (did 15 reps here)

Superset KickBacks [3x10@10lbs] with DB Incline press [3x10@20lbs]

Superset Vbar Pulldowns

Superset PeckDeck [1x15@30, 2x10@50, 3xdropset.starting@70] with dip machine [3x10@105lb]

CableCrossover 3x10@20

Supeset Cable Crossover high2low [3x10@15-20lbs] with Cable Crossover Low2high [1x10@20, 2x8@15, 3x8@15]

Then 1 hour on the bike.

Didnt eat nearly enough all day and am currently eating homemade plantain bread with oat flour, 2 plantains, some spices, soymilk, and about 1/2 c brown sugar, and walnuts......ok so its not exactly diet friendly food......but if i keep restricting this much, my body is gonna slow down weight loss right??? hahaha. thats what im telling myself. its a refuel.

and my calories for the day will still be less than 2200 . saweet! theyve been around 1000-1100 for almost a month! kill me please!

hey robert! absolutely no problem whatsoever. thats what friends are for. I wish I could have come with you all to Corvallis yesterday. next time next time.

I was so exhausted yesterday but i managed to get myself to the gym at about 8:45 at night to do shoulders and abs. Also my chest and tris are WICKED SORE, so that kind of hampered me a bit. I think i'm gonna have to put chest and shoulder day further apart.

Reverse Incline Bench Rear Delts [email protected] (my weakest weakest muscle)

DB Military Press [email protected], 2x8@25, [email protected], 4x2@30

Superset Side Delt Raise (3x10@10) with Front Delt Raise (3x10@10)

An excercise that is an upright Row straight into a military press with a 20lb BB 3x15 (this sounds so wimpy, but by rep 10 I am dying.

I did this ab circuit twice:

Decline Crunch x20

Leg Raises x20

Plank x60 seconds

CrossJab on Ball x15/side

Weighted Crunch x30@10lbs

Double Crunch x15 (very very slowly)

Then I should have done an hour of cardio but i just didnt have it in me. so i did 30 minutes.

I came home and ate a BIG meal.....not good. I feel like i'm losing my steam already! NOOOOOOOOOO. too soon too soon. someone-quick-motivate me! Hopefully it will come back today.

I wanted SO BADLY to have breakfast at this awesome vegan place BUT willpower got me to eat my gross protein shake and my wrap with peanut butter on it, like i eat everymorning. I need my will back to not eat. Its really hard to lift heavy, do a lot of cardio and not refuel. blech. its draining. i can see my dedication paying off clearly, but i could go for a touch more willpower/motivation. ya dig?