i'm gonna be buff!

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey robert! absolutely no problem whatsoever. thats what friends are for. I wish I could have come with you all to Corvallis yesterday. next time next time.

I was so exhausted yesterday but i managed to get myself to the gym at about 8:45 at night to do shoulders and abs. Also my chest and tris are WICKED SORE, so that kind of hampered me a bit. I think i'm gonna have to put chest and shoulder day further apart.

Reverse Incline Bench Rear Delts [email protected] (my weakest weakest muscle)

DB Military Press [email protected], 2x8@25, [email protected], 4x2@30

Superset Side Delt Raise (3x10@10) with Front Delt Raise (3x10@10)

An excercise that is an upright Row straight into a military press with a 20lb BB 3x15 (this sounds so wimpy, but by rep 10 I am dying.

I did this ab circuit twice:

Decline Crunch x20

Leg Raises x20

Plank x60 seconds

CrossJab on Ball x15/side

Weighted Crunch x30@10lbs

Double Crunch x15 (very very slowly)

Then I should have done an hour of cardio but i just didnt have it in me. so i did 30 minutes.

I came home and ate a BIG meal.....not good. I feel like i'm losing my steam already! NOOOOOOOOOO. too soon too soon. someone-quick-motivate me! Hopefully it will come back today.

I wanted SO BADLY to have breakfast at this awesome vegan place BUT willpower got me to eat my gross protein shake and my wrap with peanut butter on it, like i eat everymorning. I need my will back to not eat. Its really hard to lift heavy, do a lot of cardio and not refuel. blech. its draining. i can see my dedication paying off clearly, but i could go for a touch more willpower/motivation. ya dig?

Well, you came home and at a big meal, but then you exercised willpower in the morning. Although, it would have been GREAT to see this reversed (because the extra calories at night are prone to stay on us at nightime), you did wake up the next day, and not give in... which means your fighting spirit is still in you.

A figure competitor recently said this to me. We ALL want to come home, lay on the couch in front of the tv and eat a big meal. This is what the body NATURALLY wants to do. That is where the struggle and the hard part comes in. To not succumb to those temptations.

Having said that, maybe when you are feeling those days when you are really really dreading the meal you've laid out for yourself... that's when you get creative with it and have something you do actually enjoy or has more sustenance. Let's say your plan was to come home after your workout and have a protein shake and veggies, but you were really fighting against that and felt that you might REALLY cheat if you had that. Maybe that's the day you scratch the protein shake and have a couple veggie burgers with grilled onions, ketchup and a big side of your favorite vegetable. On the days where you're really really craving sugar... maybe that's when you have a builder bar and coffee with vegan creamer instead of a shake. Work WITH your cravings while still staying on track. It's more of a mental trick than anything else... But it's still gotta be somewhat on track. Not like a couple weeks ago when you told yourself the coffee cake (or danish of some kind... whatever it was) was because you needed a refuel. You KNOW the difference. LOL

k... I gotta go now cuz I'm not even supposed to be on the board. I hired a time management coach who said no forums until after the show, so I'm cheating by posting this on your journal, but I wanted to give you a pep talk. So there... I've now given you some guilt to motivate you. I'm supposed to be doing my schedule for the show and my business, but I thought you needed this pep talk instead, so now if you cheat, you have some guilt on top of it as well.. hows that

Hang in there. If it were easy, we'd all have drop dead gorgeous bodies. It IS hard... and it isn't fun alot of the times, but keep you eye on the prize. Don't give in to short term satisfaction to give up what you know will make you feel better about yourself and get you to bigger goals in the long run!

i'm coming down with a cold. damn you LeanandGreen!

thanks for the words of motivation melissa. sometimes i need it. but overall everythings been well. weight loss has stopped for now and i dont know why....its way too soon to plateau. so im a little baffled. unless i am gaining muscle? but ive been restricting so that seems unlikely. oh well, who am i to try and figure that crap out? I'm definately holding a lot of water right now. good ole period.

workouts have been really consistant. a few pbs this week---

deadlift 135 for 5 reps or so. could have done more. i wasnt going for a pb, just goofing around and realized i should be challenging myself more on these. oops.

DB curl i'm at 25s now. sweet. only about 5 reps/arm but i'm pretty stoked about it.

Awesome ab workout (half with LnG until I accidentally hit him in the balls with a medicine ball he was ok. double oops)

Been having killer chest/tri workouts lately, but i gotta step up legs (no pun intended) and I'm incorporating 2 days of HIIT training /week. only about 20 minutes-damn that shit is HARD!

been drinkning a ton of water. cut out coffee completely (...again....) and have just been drinking copious amounts of yerba mate to make up for it. haha.

life is good.

You're my babe.

Thanks for all you do for the Washer.

Everyday when at the gym. I visualize you right their beside me. It makes me feel not so alone anymore that you were thinking the same thing. I love you Dani, never forget that. You're my best friend and I'm really glad we connected in a short time.

I'm so glad we got to do all the great things together. You're a true friend.

Are you thinking about competing one day?

I think you would kick ass

I'll let you know when I get my phone so we can keep in touch.

<3 your

Washer

Today I'm training abs, and legs. You ?

Aww you poor thing! I'm getting over a cold. Nasty nasty nasty one too! I'm still blowing my nose a lot.. It's really gross lol.

I have been out of commission for weeks now. I'm hoping when I get back to the gym this Saturday that I won't be uber weaksauce!

• 3 weeks later...

ok, ok, ok.

it is time to shake things up a bit. they dreary grey portland weather is starting to disappear, and thus should my crap-tastic mood.

i am starting a whole new training routine for the first time in a long time and i'm pretty excited about it. in the past 1-2 years, i have gained a HUGE amount of strength. i get it-i'm strong now. awesome. now i want to lean out. plain and simple. and i'm willing to lose a little muscle to do so. I'm tired (more than tired) of counting macros ad nauseum and walking on a treadmill for hours on end.

I NEED VARIETY!

I think part of my backslide in fitness was from sheer boredom. Well, I'm going to be doing a new kind of routine that focuses less on super heavy weights (GASP!) and more on conditioning-which i could desperately use. my muscle tone my suffer a bit but my heart'll thank me.

I'll be incorporating plyos, tubing, yoga, running, etc (basically all of this stuff i havent allowed myself to do for quite sometime now) in the hopes of not just achieving this "ideal" physique, but also for my health.

I do not currently have the willpower to eat a strict bodybuilders cutting diet-and maybe some day i will again,but im done trying to kid myself at this moment in time, so i'll up my aerobic activity and see what happens. can't hurt right?

i am going to work more on intuitive eating because i have follwed a clock and a food scale for so long that i dont even know what my body wants anymore-so fuck it. i'm not gonna go crazy or anything and i will still take in a high amount of protein, but goddammit if i want a mango at 9pm--i'm doin it. watch out world-she's gone plum mad.

so wish me luck and i will be posting more frequently and possibly (drum roll please) posting pictures in the near future--ONLY IF PEOPLE PROMISE TO BE NICE!

I'm flying out in less than 24 hours to meet up with mah boys in arizone and fingerpaint their rock-hard bodies with dream tan......can i get a yeah buddy?

oh-its so hard to be me.

YEAH BUDDY!!!

You go girl! Mangos are so good. You know whats a great exercise for your goals? SEX. Can upping your aerobic activity hurt? Sure, but only if you fall or sprain something. So don't do that and you're good to go. Definitely post pics. Be prepared, it's in the 90's here. I can't wait to meet you. Love the new avatar.

YEAH BUDDY!!!

You go girl! Mangos are so good. You know whats a great exercise for your goals? SEX. Can upping your aerobic activity hurt? Sure, but only if you fall or sprain something. So don't do that and you're good to go. Definitely post pics. Be prepared, it's in the 90's here. I can't wait to meet you. Love the new avatar.

I have to agree, I love the new avatar! (and mangos are delicious)

YEAH BUDDY!!!

YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHP BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait a tick people she's home alone right now >:-( Cannot wait to see you tomorrow over here in sunny AZ!

YEAH BUDDY!!!

YEHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHP BUDDY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wait a tick people she's home alone right now >:-( Cannot wait to see you tomorrow over here in sunny AZ!

BOOM! protein everywhere...

?

YEAH BUDDY!!!

BOOM! protein everywhere...

?

EVERYWHERE!!!!

...how does my journal always turn dirty....? I didnt even start this one!

And i agree comepletely molly- SEX ALL THE WAY-you hear this giacomo???? get to it slacker!