Raw Food - Mike Adams

Is anyone planning on going to Sedona Arizona for the Raw Food Spirit Festival. Anyone been to it???? Time to plan now for good flights. I get most of my information from Naturalnews.com.

NewsTarget.com's Mike Adams Is Bullish About Raw Foods and Progress

By Judy Pokras

Mike Adams is nothing if not fit!

October 18, 2007--Mike Adams is a 38-year-old entrepreneur and fitness buff whose online businesses empower people. (In fact, it's because of his then-business webseed.com that RawFoodsNewsMagazine.com came to be born in 2001.)

In 2003, Mike launched NewsTarget.com to provide information to the public about natural health. Although the Kansas City, Missouri native wasn't into raw foods in 2001, he has since become passionate about the lifestyle. I recently asked him why.

"I was introduced to raw foods by Dr. Gabrel Cousens. I live in Tucson, AZ, not far from Tree of Life. It's an hour and a half drive. Their PR guy invited me. He had been reading NewsTarget and when he realized I was a neighbor in a sense, he invited me to come down. When I was invited to visit, I spent a weekend on raw foods there and learned about the advantages of eating raw food. I was already familiar with nutritional information. I learned about how much nutrition is destroyed by high heat processing. It impacted me in a big way. From there, I did a 60 day, 100 percent raw food journey. After that I stuck with raw food about 70 percent," Mike said.

Not long after I spoke with Mike, he attended the Raw Spirit Festival and went 99 percent raw. "I plan to stay that way through the end of the year," Mike now says.

Did he eat anything at the festival that he loved?

"I had some foods made by Bruce Horowitz that just blew me away. I'm trying to find the recipes. One was made with clover sprouts and some kind of sweet, fatty spirulina dressing that was outrageously good."

What does Mike usually eat?

"Every morning for breakfast I do a raw food smoothie, blending fruits, vegetables and sprouts. That's half my food for the day. Cuke and celery as the vegetable base, plus berries, sprouts, raw almond milk, stevia, and sometimes some ground flax seeds. Red raspberries, blueberries, blackberries if I can get them, sometimes a peach, plum, pineapple for variety in addition. I like cucumbers as a base because they go with all the fruits, it seems. Or I'll use avocado as a base, when I want more calories. Avocado with cacao, goji berries. Typically for the rest of the day I'll do at least one more salad--organic romaine with sprouts, tomatoes, raw onion and some kind of dressing. I love hemp protein and it's one thing I put into my smoothies regularly."

Does he dine out much?

"There is only one restaurant here (in Tucson) that's anywhere close to an all-raw menu. I don't go to restaurants much, because I have a very hard time finding anything to eat. I think the way it's going to work is to have a regular restaurant that will add a raw item so people can learn about it.

"I'm very interested in living foods, and I have a friend here who makes sauerkraut and raw fermented goatmilk. I don't do dairy that's processed. There are certain cultures you can use--It's good to try to find living cultures people can share with you.

"We have a pretty good organic produce scene here. I grow a lot of aloe vera and eat the raw gel on a regular basis. It's a really good source of nutrition. I blend it into smoothies.

What are Mike's plans for NewsTarget?

"Primarily I aim to continue and expand the number of people NewsTarget is reaching with the message of natural healing and personal empowerment. It's important that I continue to point out what's wrong with pharmaceuticals and the FDA and drug companies. It's important to tell people natural solutions from the world of mother nature. And to continue educating people to really help be part of this revolution in health and healing taking place right now.

"I think that the days of big pharmaceuticals' dominance over medicine are numbered, and in a few more years, the pharmaceutical industry in a sense will greatly downsize or even collapse, because in this country everyone is realizing that you cannot remain financially solvent as an individual state or a nation if you're paying all your money to drug companies.

"Right now, 20 percent of the entire US government budget is is being spent on treating diseases that are largely preventable, and yet there's no budget for--almost nothing is being spent on--prevention. There's been no interest in preventing disease, no profit to be found in that. [Wait until] we go bankrupt as a nation, and the US dollar and economy collapses, and people wake up and find they find out they have to do something different. Ron Paul is the only one I would support for President. Dennis Kucinich doesn't have any kind of shot. Ron Paul is viable as a candidate. He has been very outspoken against the FDA and has introduced health freedom legistation. Hillary Clinton will give us medical tyrrany. And Republicans will give us global tyrrany. Anything is better than another Republican."

http://www.rawfoodsnewsmagazine.com/modules.php?op=modload&name=News&file=article&sid=201